( search forums )
Disconnection problem.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Humphro
August 19, 2004, 2:13 pm
My friend, who is too lazy to post this himself, has a problem.

Regardless of which server he joins, he is disconnected after about 30 seconds to 1 minute.

This is a clean install of the game, with the 1.2 patch.

System specs are as follows:

Windows XP Pro with SP 1
Athlon 2600+
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

He is using no routers or proxy servers, and has disabled his firewall, but to no avail.
He does not suffer this problem in any other game.

Thanks.

Humphro
August 19, 2004, 9:30 pm
*sigh* No ideas?

b00stA
August 19, 2004, 9:52 pm
I can't think of any reasons.. maybe he gets ping kicked?
What exactly happens? Is he normally playing and then suddenly he's at the "Join game" menu? What does the text field below the IP box say?

Denacke
August 19, 2004, 10:07 pm
If it is similiar to mine i had:
I was able to join the server, I seem to be downloading data from the server, but not able to send data to the server. So on your screen, you're jumping and shooting around(with no effect) but actually you're just standing at your spawn disconnecting.

I have reinstalled the game (first deinstall, of course) and that seemed to help.

Humphro
August 20, 2004, 1:02 am
He just gets the message "<his name> disconnected"

If he hosts the server, the same thing happens to anyone that joins - they can play perfectly normally for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, and then they are inexplicably disconnected.

His connection is good, so I can't see ping being an issue.

Interestingly, this problem does not occur in early versions of the game (Pre LAW, Chainsaw, etc).

NightCabbage
August 20, 2004, 4:49 am
oo, i remember someone else having this problem... i think there was an easy fix too...

pitty i cant remember what that was, eh? ;)