( search forums )
ctf_Maya V1.05 / update: Aug-22
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
August 19, 2004, 4:05 pm
Since my last maps all had some kind of cartoony look, I tried to "step back" to some more realistic style, closer to the default maps like Laos, Viet and B2b.

The outcome is ctf_Maya, which is partially inspired by Laos and Viet, but got its very own gameplay style. Botwaypoints do work quite nice, except sometimes, when the bots act strange although the waypoints are correctly placed.

Screenie:
[file]ctf_Maya.jpg,9139,,0[/file]

Download
[file]ctf_Maya.zip,9139,,0[/file]

Recommended team sizes: 3on3 - 6on6

CHANGELOG 1.00 - 1.05
+ Fixed some bugs & glitches
+ Modified botwaypoints
+ Added 2 more medi spawns & increased number of medis

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 4:31 pm
Hmmz, I love Laos and Viet so I'll download this. Looks nice :)

Aquarius
August 19, 2004, 5:41 pm
Nice map but why the polygons in the centre are so dark?

chakapoko maker
August 19, 2004, 5:59 pm
i like this. very very good. i need to see over it everywhere. every part links the next smoothly and the whole is completed well... i think his mapping has come to frution. amazing. i wanna say much more about anything ;D

Michal
August 19, 2004, 6:20 pm
Very nice map. I like the rocks sticking out of the ground, they make the terrain seem more realistic.

bucky_brad
August 19, 2004, 7:29 pm
very mediocre.

It is a nice map but dosn't have anything to make it stand out from the crowd.

grand_diablo
August 19, 2004, 7:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad
very mediocre.

It is a nice map but dosn't have anything to make it stand out from the crowd.

Probably not the graphical way, but - eventhough it sounds selfish - I really love the gameplay of it. Can't say the same about the majority of my maps.

DeMonIc
August 19, 2004, 7:58 pm
g_d map.By ur other maps, that would be enough for telling it's cool.Core gameplay map, I really like it.Not too much distracting eye candy, and it is suitable for some nice attacking tactics that I could only do on ctf run.
Good job.

KnOt
August 20, 2004, 12:28 pm
I like it.. I like it a lot. It has that hill that Viet has, only you equalised it for both teams.. It's got the aspects of laos that I like too.. and the length of Run. Very nicely done.

The Geologist
August 21, 2004, 3:12 am
I agree...this is enough for me to get out of the forums for the time being and start playing. Thank you!

grand_diablo
August 22, 2004, 11:50 am
Map updated, wanted to do that before I go for my holidays ;)

1.05 is the "final" final version.

CHE_guevara
August 23, 2004, 12:27 pm
Just like it....