( search forums )
[movie] Variety
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Kazuki
August 19, 2004, 7:46 pm
Yey, yey, and yet another movie from me. Take that, M. Night, you asshole.

This one is all about Soldat's 14 weapons, and how the weapon balance is perfect as it is. Nothing has to change, except for how often people use certain weapons. There are so many variations you could do, just go out there and try it.

Thanks for Noobface for once again hosting my file. :)

Download: Variety (31 MB)

You must right-click and save this file.

Happy Barreting. [;)]

Liber_Lupus
August 19, 2004, 7:58 pm
Very nice movie...the best part: minigun triple

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 8:00 pm
Ohhh, that intro, reminds me of another movie... ;)

Nice Movie though, Korn song got a bit repetative but it improved towards the end. Me likes :)

DeMonIc
August 19, 2004, 8:11 pm
I'm lookin forward to this, dlin now, gonna post my opinion after I watched it.

Kazuki
August 19, 2004, 8:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Ohhh, that intro, reminds me of another movie... ;)

Nice Movie though, Korn song got a bit repetative but it improved towards the end. Me likes :)

ROFL! I just noticed that. It's almost the exact same as your One Solider movie. Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. xP

Yeah, I had to edit the song in the beginning, to make it longer. That's why it's so repetative, but it gets good, and then better. Also, notice that at the end, I say something like "Well, next map I guess," and the chat log starts a countdown as the screen blacks out. :)

Yeah, those Minigun Triples were easy. Why? Because I kept close to the enemy, and I didn't use the Minigun to travel. Tehe, that's the 'proper' way. ;)

Edit: Oh, and in the Spas session, notice the speedhacker that tries to outrun me, and I kill him instead. Idiot...

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 19, 2004, 8:46 pm
DLed at nearly 600kbs...nice server...

minigun laming ;-) haha jp

Outcast
August 19, 2004, 9:28 pm
Why make movies that prove only that people can die by any weapon which is common knowledge already. In the proper hands a barret IS overpowered no matter whos against it as long as theres room to move. So dont give me crap. But still i fight against it and dont whine like some do *caugh* BARRETARD *caugh*, which is another stupid to say atleast. As every1 that has a barret is called barretard after 3 shots with it. Yet no1 is called anything when playing with any other weapon for the whole match. Its retarded.

Just play along.

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 9:42 pm
It's just pointless kill, kill, kill. Whahaha, just kidding. Movie was good, but I hate Korn.[^]

Kazuki
August 19, 2004, 11:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
Why make movies that prove only that people can die by any weapon which is common knowledge already. In the proper hands a barret IS overpowered no matter whos against it as long as theres room to move. So dont give me crap. But still i fight against it and dont whine like some do *caugh* BARRETARD *caugh*, which is another stupid to say atleast. As every1 that has a barret is called barretard after 3 shots with it. Yet no1 is called anything when playing with any other weapon for the whole match. Its retarded.

Just play along.

Just tell me how the weapons are different? The point was that I used them all, and I'm not experienced in all of them, so if I can kill similarly with all of them, then the weapon balance is fine. What isn't fine is how often each weapon is used, which is why I wanted to encourage Variety. When people kill so much with a different weapon and not get called names, it's because it's not as noticable. Barreters are so noticable because there are so many of them, and people flame on them, no matter what.

Spectral
August 20, 2004, 12:40 am
just cuz you have shown that you have enough competance to kill with each weapon doesn't mean that they're balanced. I think that the weapons are fairly balanced due to different situations they may be used for, but the movie doesn't really seem to prove anything, though I appreciate the nice footage of you speed hacking. I was thinking that one could conduct a long study into weapon balance by having competitions in DM, balanced ctf, unbalanced ctf against a rotation of control bots and try to find correlation between guns and kills/caps (for and against). It would have to involve several other testers of various playing habits. might be interesting...

n00bface
August 20, 2004, 1:10 am
wow, what a great host. nearly 500kbps.
I like this movie but there wasn't as much footage of the weapons as you had with the first 4 down the list ;( Make a "director's cut" add on. or just make another movie :>

frogboy
August 20, 2004, 1:25 am
Yeah, I'd kinda have to agree with n00bface... there was only like, 1 or 2 LAW shots, and 1 or 2 chainsaw kills. WE WANT GORE!

Other than that, great movie.

Hitman
August 20, 2004, 1:32 am
Outcast, Spec; if you wanna 'discuss' the weapons balance, do it somewhere else.

Outcast
August 20, 2004, 1:52 am
Hitman, try looking at the movie before commenting, the movie itself is a propaganda of a personal opinion which is : leave the weapon balance alone. As its in the movie it is not offtopic, So piss off.

Kazuki
August 20, 2004, 2:09 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
wow, what a great host. nearly 500kbps.
I like this movie but there wasn't as much footage of the weapons as you had with the first 4 down the list ;( Make a "director's cut" add on. or just make another movie :>

I know. =\ I had to take a 15 second part of the song in the beginning, copy it, and paste it 4 times, so that the song would be long enough. That's why I had to make it so short. Sorry.

Hitman, let them argue about it. It isn't like I'm going to bother with it. They can go ahead and whine about weapon balance to whoever they want, good luck in making a change. The only thing I will admit is that I have a hard time putting my point into the movie.

Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 2:21 am
Kazuki: I'm not a Fan Art moderator, but I know that we don't want a 3 page barret discussion evolving out of this thread, so Hitman isn't going to let them argue about it [:)]. I'll download the movie tomorrow, it's too early at the moment.

Hitman
August 20, 2004, 2:25 am
quote:Hitman, try looking at the movie before commenting, the movie itself is a propaganda of a personal opinion which is : leave the weapon balance alone. As its in the movie it is not offtopic, So piss off.Just respect my decision. This is a Fan art section, not the place to have a discussion about Weapons balance. You wanna argue about it; make a topic in Bash Pit.

Kazuki
August 20, 2004, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Kazuki: I'm not a Fan Art moderator, but I know that we don't want a 3 page barret discussion evolving out of this thread, so Hitman isn't going to let them argue about it [:)]. I'll download the movie tomorrow, it's too early at the moment.

Ok, I can understand that. What happened to your 'I don't download unless someone pushes me to' policy? [;)]

The Geologist
August 20, 2004, 4:07 am
lol...I like. Well worth that speedy download. Danke!

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 4:45 am
overall this was the best soldat video i have seen so far, and i try to watch them all. Well structured, pretty good quality, and good clips... and there was actually a point to this vid, instad of some random soldat player trying to show off his not so 1337 skills.
The plug for u13/its inspiration caught me by surprise, thx for the recognition.

Kazuki
August 20, 2004, 6:16 am
Well, there are a few movies out there that aren't all about showing off. All of Hitman's movies have different purposes. And yes, when I saw the overall stats on your server, it really got me thinking. I knew it was bad, but not that bad. =\ I really tried to make a difference with this one.

Thanks a lot for the comments and criticism, guys.

rain_fin
August 22, 2004, 3:15 pm
I don't like this movie(Music/ruger sucks).But i like that other movei Kazuki(GOOD music), and it has this cool black and white thing too.

DeMonIc
August 26, 2004, 7:10 pm
Hmm, I say u get close to someone and ruger him without diein.And the music rocks, don't diss it.

Kazuki
August 26, 2004, 7:31 pm
Well, I actually didn't like the music all that much either. I agree with Hitman that it's too repetative. Still, it does fit, I guess.

DeMonIc
August 26, 2004, 8:16 pm
It fits, and it rulez, doh the beggining of it got a lil too repetative.BUT DON'T DISS IT pleeease xD

paramud
August 26, 2004, 8:59 pm
wait! you got the combination number thing wrong! you left out the fists.. okay lets see... ten times one equals.... nvm nvm. anyways what about the flamer and rambow bow?

MisterX
August 28, 2004, 5:28 pm
Sorry to say this, but I don't like the movie. At first the music doesn't really fit imho. But since it's not just a movie about cool shots, where you can make the shown scenes really fit to the music, ok. I dont mean that the music itself doesnt fit to the whole movie, but it's not like that when the music is louder, there is more action, and things like that.
And then, what should this movie show? Let's see, it shows you, killing a few guys, using all the Soldat guns. And..well...yes. It does show the variety, ok, but.. I don't understand. And the movie doesn't have to do ANYTHING with balance, so I don't understand this "The balance is perfect...". But hey, that's just my opinion. Let's watch the other movie when the selfkill fileserver is back online..

Social Poison
August 31, 2004, 12:04 am
I got a 404 :-/

Kazuki
September 2, 2004, 12:24 am
=\ Save Target As?

n00bface
September 2, 2004, 1:29 am
oh yeah, i messed with the directories..sorry...kazuki, edit the link to http://www.laughingllamas.com/members/kazuki/uploads/variety.wmv (or whatever the file name was)

SILENT
September 6, 2004, 8:15 am
I found this movie incredibly boring, with a pointless meaning. BUT i understand you want variety .. but most of us knnow how to use every weapon in this game quite well and yet we know weapons are overpowered. So can you please answer my question, How does this prove that the weapons aren't over powered?

Other comments :
- It seemed like you killed more people with the socom than you did the Steyr AUG, on the part that was supposed to be showing you the Steyr AUG.
- Sorry to say but it seemed like you took like 3 days on this movie.. please spend some more time on it, jeez =/

ggthx

HellRaider
September 6, 2004, 9:11 am
Yarr i noticed that too. It's funny to see someone who rarely uses other guns than deagle/law make a movie about weapon variety. -_-