( search forums )
White Skin?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chthonic Denizen
August 20, 2004, 2:22 am
Is there any way to make your soldier have white skin? As in, actually white skin? Or any gray tones at all? I don't care if it's using notepad, SSCC, or whatever.. I just want white skin, damnit..lol.

I've tried extensively, but it always converts it to the peach sorta caucasian skin tone, or whatever you want to call it.

Anyway. Thanks in advance.

peemonkey
August 20, 2004, 3:04 am
no, cuz they draw off the pinkish skin in the gostek. :)

Chthonic Denizen
August 20, 2004, 4:37 am
Bugger. I guess when I'm less lazy, I'll put this in the suggestions forum, heheh.

Thanks.

Unlucky 13
August 20, 2004, 7:44 am
edit the 'morda.bmp' in the gostek-gfx folder and the 'morda.bmp' in the gostek-gfx--->ranny folder by making the peach skin white

Chthonic Denizen
August 20, 2004, 8:15 am
Whoa. That sounds like it would work.

However - this will only make it white for me, not other players, correct?

Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 8:35 am
If you edit the image, every player will have white skin, and people won't be able to see your colour skin.

I've tried to do this for ages too...[:(] it's not gonna happen.

Major Pissant
August 20, 2004, 9:19 am
Why would U care if you play with white skin. U would be smart to test a more "camoflagued" colour.

that fuking sniper
August 20, 2004, 10:04 am
You cant get others to notice your white skin if you edit it mod style. You can make it completely black if you wish, though, and people will see that. Anyway, I remember having a discussion about this ages ago, we did quite a research, but alas, not a fruitful one. You cant make a white-skinned character without having everyone else look subsequently white as well, which would be annoying, and you cant get others to notice it, since the only way to edit the skin color is the same way you make mods, and these are client-side. Sorreh :)

Chthonic Denizen
August 21, 2004, 4:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Major Pissant
Why would U care if you play with white skin. U would be smart to test a more "camoflagued" colour.

I'm looking for a certain aesthetic for my character, not munchkin-style ways to make me less visible. I shoot people in the face, I don't hide in the damn bushes. *grumbles*

quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
You cant get others to notice your white skin if you edit it mod style. You can make it completely black if you wish, though, and people will see that. Anyway, I remember having a discussion about this ages ago, we did quite a research, but alas, not a fruitful one. You cant make a white-skinned character without having everyone else look subsequently white as well, which would be annoying, and you cant get others to notice it, since the only way to edit the skin color is the same way you make mods, and these are client-side. Sorreh :)

Blah. Ah well, thanks for sharing all of this.

I'll try making a suggestion about it, and maybe if it gets enough support we'll see this feature added into a future version.

peemonkey
August 21, 2004, 4:58 am
dont go all lime, that's been mine since the good old days.

Element_101
August 21, 2004, 12:12 pm
I thought this topic was going to be something raciest..

KnOt
August 21, 2004, 12:17 pm
Me too..

KiLLBoT
August 21, 2004, 5:56 pm
Crackers... Oh wait, I'm caucasian. Aww nuts :/