( search forums )
Tips and hints..? hitboxes?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Acesr
August 20, 2004, 3:53 am
Ok im just wondering if anyone wants to give soem good tips and hints up. because there are guys i see that attack with a berreta and kick ass and some guy today was killin me over an over one shot with a shotgun, i just dont get it, it takes me like atleast 3 shots.

when u shoot someone do u put the crosshairs on them or above or infront of them or what. for some odd reason i seem to do best with socom pistol rather then anything else.

Are there hit boxes in this game, like headshots kill in one shot leg shots take like 3 or something?

And. what weapon is most powerfull with one shot other then berreta.

thx in advance

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 4:00 am
first off, the sniper weapon is named Barret, not berreta. I believe berreta is a pistol.

Yes, headshots are worth over 100% health=instant kill. Body shots are worth a large amount of health, but various weapons deal different amounts of damage with each projectile hit (obvious). Shotguns are very effective close range, and a headshot almost always results in a one-shot kill if you are close. From far away it may take as many a 5 or 6 shots.

Every weapon except the Barret does drop as it goes over a farther distance, and you will learn the varying degrees of correction needed as you play more.

The most powerful weapons per shot besides Barret are the Spas-12 (shotgun) in close range, but longer range the Ruger-77 does more damage than the Spas.

Acesr
August 20, 2004, 4:07 am
Lol ya i dont know why i kept typing berreta i dunno what i was thinking,
Cool thx man ill have to use the ruger more often.

What about the Mp5,and the mini id think that would be a SAW but i dunno, but anyways what one of those are more powerfull ?

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 4:22 am
mp5, mini, steyr, ak-74, barret, and any other auto weapons piss off the better players. I (and i think most players) have more appreciation for weapons like the spas and Desert Eagles, and the m79 and Ruger as well.

Boxo
August 20, 2004, 5:08 am
Are you saing that auto weapons are for newbies!? That they are easier to kill with than semi-autos or 1-hit-lamer guns? That's just plain wrong, duel someone that has an ak-74 with your Ruger and see. Also, none of the good players (including me ;p)I know are hardly pissed at autos, maybe barrets sometimes. I fact I've never seen anyone whine about auto guns, and i've been playing in pretty pr0ish company. -_-

karmazonpl
August 20, 2004, 5:31 am
no, he said that autos piss off better players

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 5:38 am
thx karmazonpl

Boxo
August 20, 2004, 6:20 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
no, he said that autos piss off better players

And i said i've never seen better players get pissed off by autos.

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 6:27 am
what i meant was that if there are 3 ppl in a game, better players, trying to use weapons like spas, m79, or DE and there are 7 other people shooting randomly with autos and barrets, that tends to ruin the quality-of-game really fast, and annoy the people who are trying to have legit shootouts while at the same time having to dodge auto spam. I'm not saying there arent ppl with talent, and im not saying that only newbs use autos, i'm just saying that ^

Kazuki
August 20, 2004, 6:36 am
Damn, Brick beat me to this. You forgot one thing though. The Ruger 77 doesn't have a curve. The Barret does, but only after a real long distance.

I don't really mind automatics. There are ways to get around them, etc. But yeah, Brick practically beat me to everything I was going to say.

Acesr
August 20, 2004, 6:44 am
Nice, if u look in your soldat manual it gives u the stats of each gun :) ruger and spas with/socom for me now :)

here it is.....

1. Desert Eagles
Akimbo weapon! An automatic hand-gun that can break a man's arm. That's why it doesn't fire so frequently but the bullets can easily pierce thick armor.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 15.83
Bullet start power = 39.9
Shots/Sec. = 3
Reloading = 1.5 sec.
Ammuniton = 7

2. HK MP5
The most popular submachine-gun in the world. Fast and furious. In short ranges it can defeat heavy weapons.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 15.83
Bullet start power = 22.8
Bullets/Sec. = 10
Reloading = 1.75 sec.
Ammuniton = 30

3. AK-74
Modified version of Automat-Kalasznikov from 1947. Weapon of terrorists and most of world's army forces. The best rifle in the past 50 years.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 20
Bullet start power = 28.07
Bullets/Sec. = 6
Reloading = 2.5 sec.
Ammuniton = 40

4. Steyr AUG
This weapon looks like a toy but it sure isn't. With great speed it spits out bullets killing everything in a fast attack.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 21.66
Bullet start power = 20.8
Bullets/Sec. = 9
Reloading = 1.91 sec.
Ammuniton = 30

5. Spas-12
This Shotgun makes a massacre with its 12-Gauge bullets. The best weapon for close-contact.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 11.66
Bullet start power = 18.19
Shots/Sec. = 2
Reloading 7 = 2.91 sec.
Ammuniton = 7

6. Ruger-77
A hunting rifle. Very fast and accurate. Good for hunting deers and people.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 27.5
Bullet start power = 83.15
Bullets/Sec. = 2
Reloading = 1.25 sec.
Ammuniton = 4

7. M79
The famous grenade-launcher from the Vietnam War. Viet-Cong quickly ran to the bushes when they heard its characteristic sound. The 40mm grenade can blast anyone into pieces even after a shot behind a hill.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 9.58
Bullet start power = 18400
1 bullet in 3 sec.
Reloading = 3 sec.
Ammuniton = 1

8. Barret M82A1
This sniper weapon has incredible power. It was designed to pierce tank armor. The Army didn't even plan to use it against people. But who cares?
Sniper mode available if you crouch or go prone.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 45.83
Bullet start power = 272.25
1 bullet in 4 sec.
Reloading = 5 sec.
Ammuniton = 10

9. M249 (FN Minimi)
The best machinegun with great firepower. Can be very helpful for backing-up your team.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 22.5
Bullet start power = 27
Bullets/Sec. = 7
Reloading = 4.16 sec.
Ammuniton = 50

10. XM214 Minigun
The famous "O'll Painless" from the movie Predator. This chaingun is mounted on army helicopters. It uses a tremendous amount of ammo and can kill the same amount of enemies.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 24.16
Bullet start power = 15.95
Bullets/Sec. = 15
Reloading = 6 sec.
Ammuniton = 100
Startup = 0.83 sec.

Standard arsenal:

USSOCOM
Standard US special forces weapon. You get it always after respawn as a secondary weapon.

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 15
Bullet start power = 34.19
Bullets/Sec. = 5
Reloading = 1.08 sec.
Ammuniton = 12

karmazonpl
August 20, 2004, 7:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Acesr
And. what weapon is most powerfull with one shot other then berreta.

M79

Bullet start power = 18400

Chthonic Denizen
August 20, 2004, 8:14 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
what i meant was that if there are 3 ppl in a game, better players, trying to use weapons like spas, m79, or DE and there are 7 other people shooting randomly with autos and barrets, that tends to ruin the quality-of-game really fast, and annoy the people who are trying to have legit shootouts while at the same time having to dodge auto spam. I'm not saying there arent ppl with talent, and im not saying that only newbs use autos, i'm just saying that ^

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I like the way you think - having legit shootouts I find is becoming really hard these days. =/

Meandor
August 20, 2004, 11:28 am
Autos don't piss off better players. Some people argue about them because they stick, for instance, to something like a m79 in viet, and keep getting owned by a minimi ( maybe while the rest of the enemy team is using autos.. ), which is one of the best choices for viet. You can't just pretend that a weapon is strong in all situations and if you get owned then scream the other is overpowered, learn changing, see what your team is using.

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 12:17 pm
but where is the fun in just holding down a trigger, spraying at a person, and doing nothing but trying to line your crosshair up properly so that your bullets fly into the back of some random soldat player... It is so much more fun to have something like DE and work on your accuracy with every shot, seeing your limited amount of bullets fly into someone and tear them apart. Autos take the fun out of soldat.

karmazonpl
August 20, 2004, 12:20 pm
Please people don't turn this into autos thread.

Unlucky 13
August 20, 2004, 12:21 pm
imho, minimi is no good close-quaters against another auto, except maybe the AK-74 and the minimi itself. The minimi is best when you are covering a player on your team from behind or versing non-autos. The minigun hasnt got the power to get a newbie started, yet may be a treat for the veterans out there. my choice for a starters gun, HK MP5, it has a reasonable sized clip, fast reload and fire rate plus its heavy payload against almost all weapons, it owns most of the zone!

PS: Remember the old 0.9c barret, had 5 ammo, slightly quicker fire rate and little less power, plus no sight? its reload was hell long! heh, i loved the balance back then...

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 12:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Damn, Brick beat me to this. You forgot one thing though. The Ruger 77 doesn't have a curve. The Barret does, but only after a real long distance.

The Ruger definately does drop after travelling across about 75% of the width of a screen, but I have never seen the Barret drop.

Let me set one more thing straight:
Playing against autos does not bother me, but when a whole team is using autos, and it is impossible to take on one of them without getting owned by stray shots from others, that tends to ruin the game for me. On a smaller map like Death or Kampf, it is damn near impossible to have a good game when everyone is just spamming and spraying everywhere. I don't have a problem with it on bigger maps, because that isn't the problem.

I don't have anything against people using autos, but what i do have against them is people spraying them without anyone from the opposite team being anywhere around.

Are there any players out there who use the DE, Spas, (or m79) who doesn't feel the same way? I don't count ruger in this because if you are any good with ruger then you can kill quickly without having a good "fight".

I'm not bashing on anyone, so don't bash me for what I'm saying.

Teh Panda
August 20, 2004, 1:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
Please people don't turn this into autos thread.

hmm... i think it's too late...

Hanayo
August 20, 2004, 3:48 pm
Listen to Meandor, he is damn right.

Try to use all weapons. On public servers i choose my weapon randomly (except Barret and Minigun, ..) , in clanwars does it depend on the situation (map, enemy and so on ...).

all in all im good with MP-5, AK-74, Steyr, Minimi, M79 and Ruger.
Well and many ppl cant use grenades... [:O] Its good to train them (direct hits on flying enemies, ...)

quote:when u shoot someone do u put the crosshairs on them or above or infront of them or what. for some odd reason i seem to do best with socom pistol rather then anything else.

my crosshair is always behind the enemy ... this way:
......................................................................................
.....................................................................-crosshair-..
..-me-............................................-enemy-......................
......................................................................................

if im using m79 i dont aim like with other weapons, its just a reflex, i dont think about it, ...

[:D]

palloco
August 20, 2004, 5:21 pm
Take into account that if you have high ping ur shots will damage less

Jaz
August 20, 2004, 5:37 pm
I think brick made a few good points. I only use m79 but when I get pissed off I turn to the ak, I find it considerably easier to kill people but much less fun. I love games with no autos, I usually host m79 duels now because thats the only way not to get blown around by a million bullets. Just one big one :).

Kazuki
August 20, 2004, 7:56 pm
Actually, Brick, if you use the Scope all the way, while barreting, and you shoot, the camera follows your bullet, and you can see as it drops. Try it across the top of ctf_Run.

The Noid
August 20, 2004, 8:00 pm
Ya, got to love those random shots. heehee
Also auto users dont bother me like they did before, now im good enough with my m79 to take em out.

ArmadonRK
August 20, 2004, 10:22 pm
I don't see how people can complain about autos. Look:

Direct-Hit= Immediate KO
-M79
-M72 Law
-Barret(Accurate)
-Combat Knife

Few consecutive hits (close quarters)
-D. Eagles
-Spas-12

Few consecutive hits (long-range)
-Ruger

Several hits, hi-speed
-HK-MP5
-AK-74
-Steyr AUG
-Minimi (long reload)
-Minigun (Warm-up, long reload)

Several Hits Close quarters
-SOCOM (Accurate)

Annoying Weapons
-Chainsaw

Every weapon has a use, and can be countered with a given weapon. There is no reason to complain. The beauty of Soldat is that the snipers can snipe, the autos gan run in guns blazing, and the powerhouses can blast from close-range, and there's no cheap weapon. Even the Barret and M79 have enough reload time, that a skilled player should be able to kill the opponent during reload (although this and the m79 are the two weapons that are almost cheap). And before people start flaming me about saying M79s are cheap, explain to me how the m79 is SO different from the Barret? The accuracy is not really a huge factor, the arc of the M79 can give an advantage in some situations.
I try to use variety in my games. I use at least 5 different weapons in a game, and I never have a problem with Barret users. I just don't think any weapon is truly cheap or too-powerful.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 20, 2004, 10:37 pm
well said, plus, if the enemy team chooses to use all autos, then you can go all barret. The way to Counter Spam is to Spam youself.

kkazican
August 20, 2004, 11:12 pm
Well FLB I'm fairly good player and I don't hate automatics I infact like them. There are only a few weapons in game that I hate and need tuning. Those are the weapons I hate. Deagles (because they superior to Ruger-77 :[ ) Barret if overused eg a whole team uses them which I have seen happen. M79 if overused eg a whole team using which I just played against yesterday. Mp5 (more powerful than steyr with reload almost as fast as ruger and 6 bullets = 1 kill 30 rounds 10 rps) Those are the main weps I hate.

Armadon a knife if thrown is not always a 1 hit kill. All the automatics except miniguns do not take 7 rounds to kill people if you look at the starting power then factor in the bonuses for the body parts 90% legs 100% torso 110% head.

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 11:44 pm
I said ppl who are good and dont use autos. And kkaz, you mentioned disliking those weapons when they are used in excess, "eg a whole team uses"...thats what im saying too.

TigerDragon
August 21, 2004, 3:15 am
so that means cuz i us autos i suk?
i luv ster aug

FliesLikeABrick
August 21, 2004, 3:34 am
you people are f*cking thick... read what i said and you will realize im not bashing anyone, i was just informing the newb.

TigerDragon
August 21, 2004, 4:00 am
:'( y r u yelling at me

Kazuki
August 21, 2004, 6:44 am
He's yelling at you because you aren't getting his point, and instead, you're putting your words in his mouth. Read what he posted. Getting auto-spammed by a whole team can be quite annoying. That's his message. Not that it isn't annoying anyway when a whole team uses the same weapons.

FliesLikeABrick
August 21, 2004, 7:11 am
yeah, thanks kazuki. I'm done with this thread, and it probably should get locked.

Deleted User
August 21, 2004, 7:57 am
quote:Originally posted by ArmadonRK
Annoying Weapons
-Chainsaw

Are you stupid or are you just plain dumb?

Kazuki
August 21, 2004, 2:57 pm
What's the difference? XD And people have different tastes. You shouldn't flame him for it. For example, you don't like the Olympics, but many other people do, do you see us bashing you for it? ;)

Chakra
August 21, 2004, 3:25 pm
Getting into soldat for the first time can be a very difficult and interesting experience. If you wish to play the common CTF, there are roles you can find yourself fulfilling, for the sake of the team or just because it's fun.

Defending for instance, or 'supporting' your attackers by following them as they take the flag insuring their escape, or just jumping in and stealing the flag yourself.
Some people attack, but pull back to stop enemies.
Some will just pass you by with nothing more than a spray of random bullets.
Others like to take less visited routes to the enemy in hope of suprise and keeping full health while at the enemies base. (eg: going below in ctf_laos or ctf_run).

Watch other players and their weapons too. You will find yourself impressed sometimes with how they employ them to great effect, and with little time you can be as good as too.

Melba
August 21, 2004, 3:29 pm
that post by ArmadonRK inspired me to saw whore right now.

AerialAssault
August 21, 2004, 5:49 pm
armadon, yes the m79 is given some advantages with its arch, but its a gift as much as it is a curse. the m79 has the most horrific range. and the bullet moves extremely slow

Elephant_Hunter
August 21, 2004, 9:42 pm
I think all weapons should be banned except for the knife, including boxing cause they're all lame. NOT

What makes soldat fun?
-Making the choice of a favourite weapon
-Playing with a group of friends
-Introducing new folks to this kick ass game

If you take out all the weapons except for your favourites, then soldat won't be the game we all enjoyed. Everyone will become sick of using the same weapons all the time and no one will want to play. Anyone who argues will be flamed and the soldat community as we know it will die ([:O]). The end.

(oi, and i'm not bashing anyone in particular... well, maybe the ABA)

papasurf31
August 22, 2004, 12:07 am
^genius^ But not really the point here. The original idea was to help the newb who started this topic. It somehow evolved into yet ANOTHER thread about which weapons own, who uses what, which weapons are cheap, which weapons are for n00bs, which are for newbs etc.

Jaz - m79 matches ARE fun.:)

Elephant_Hunter
August 22, 2004, 4:01 pm
Ya, isn't that funny.[:-ashamed]