( search forums )
Guerrilla action
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
vegkl
August 20, 2004, 12:45 pm
What you think of this idea: a team is on a guerrilla action... Almost like a campaign on many games... Series of maps with a storyline... Ive already mapped the first part: parachute
drop (plz correct me if Im spelling wrong).

[file]Part1_-_paracute_drop.gif,14081,,0[/file]

FliesLikeABrick
August 20, 2004, 12:50 pm
no opinion on the idea, but as for spelling:
guerrilla
campaign
with
parachute

Droopy
August 20, 2004, 1:28 pm
How can this be guerilla action map style... Where are the Jungles of Cambodia? And the paths? The marines? FFS there's not even a predator on this idea!

karmazonpl
August 20, 2004, 1:32 pm
Well cambodia, or marines, or predator doesn't have anything to do with guerilla.
And honestly I don't think you can have guerilla warfare in soldat, it's too fast.

vegkl
August 20, 2004, 2:15 pm
OK, special covert operations behind enemy lines team then. Or S.C.O.B.E.L.T. Good idea, I will call this project Scobelt.
And other than that, this is just the furst part: get-down-alive. Its an inf_ map and way down is BOTH white AND black flag, so if 1 team member gets down there, the red team (Team Scobelt)wins. But if the blue team manage to held 'em up long enugh, the blue will win. U c?

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 20, 2004, 10:48 pm
and the blue team will be controled by......bots or humans?

Btw, that map doesn't look too good as of now, sorry.

vegkl
August 21, 2004, 11:36 pm
I was thinking of setting blue as bots. Dont worry, then got tons of guns 'n stuff so it WILL give a chalenge. As for the map, the pic is bad, butthe map looks alot better.

BManx2000
August 22, 2004, 5:26 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
And honestly I don't think you can have guerilla warfare in soldat, it's too fast.

Ever played realistic survival on lagrange? Geurilla action.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 22, 2004, 9:38 am
No BManx, Lagrange on Realistic Survival is hardly Gurilla Action, Flashback, now THATS a gurilla warfare map.

I usually have a server on Realistic Survival playing Either Lagrange or Flashback, check it out sometime. Battlezone leetness.

Ask Droopy or something.

Alamo
August 22, 2004, 7:26 pm
How do you define 'Guerrilla Action' ???
Do you use the definition of guerrilla warfare by Che Guevara?

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 22, 2004, 8:06 pm
Guerrilla Action would be defined by hiding in the path of the enemy, attacking, then retreating back to hiding again.

Alamo
August 22, 2004, 10:52 pm
Just play one of the official maps with some Barrett Noobs on a public server.