( search forums )
This should have been implemented already. :/
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 2:44 pm
If you click a servers name once it should refresh that server you clicked. So you don't have to refresh the whole damn server list if you want to know is the server full.

Liber_Lupus
August 20, 2004, 3:23 pm
yes :/ weird that it isnt implented. Now i would want a player search and see whose in server added also.

EDIT: To blackdevil: depends, sometimes its even 5 seconds.

blackdevil0742
August 20, 2004, 3:29 pm
It takes only 1sec to refresh the whole server list so there's no point to add this.

Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 3:35 pm
And you have to find the server from the list again. Yay. And not everyone is using high speed connection. And sometimes the refresh button gets 'stuck'.

blackdevil0742
August 20, 2004, 3:43 pm
Is it really that annoying?
Use the filter, when the refresh button gets 'stuck' just press the cancel button and try again.

Denacke
August 20, 2004, 11:13 pm
I do find it annoying yes, implement it, it's not big and it does improve the handyness.
Why are you against it anyway black? it's a postive addition for all of us isn't it?

Unlucky 13
August 21, 2004, 4:05 am
Here! If I was allowed internet play, I'd definitley use this one!

blackdevil0742
August 21, 2004, 8:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Denacke
I do find it annoying yes, implement it, it's not big and it does improve the handyness.
Why are you against it anyway black? it's a postive addition for all of us isn't it?

I'm not really against it, i'm just tierd of all the suggestions here at the forum. I don't find it annoying so i don't think it's necessary. But it would be a good improvement.

The Geologist
August 21, 2004, 8:56 am
For some reason I feel like I've already replied to this...maybe I closed the window or something and didn't post. I agree with Black..it doesn't take that long to refresh the server list, I do it quite often. In fact, I'm on the other side of the fence..I'd rather refresh the whole list and get all the servers than just wait for one.

Deleted User
August 21, 2004, 9:42 am
But what if there is this one server you want to get in and its full? Do you want to refresh the whole list to see if its not full anymore?

palloco
August 21, 2004, 11:16 am
To me it needs 10 seconds to load the list

Essentle
August 21, 2004, 11:55 am
me agrees with ville.. its annoying to refresh the whole list and bla bla..

KnOt
August 22, 2004, 10:19 pm
Yup, I agree.. It's another 1 of those handy little suggestions that might be small, but improve the game nonetheless..

Hova
August 22, 2004, 11:19 pm
I believe its a good idea as well. When I try to join a server that has recently been filled (but it does not say so in the server list), my resolution changes 2 to 3 times (it clicks, then I see soldat and my desktop, then soldat full screen; repeat that 3 times). It gets pretty annoying, and eats up some minutes of my time.

Duke33
August 22, 2004, 11:50 pm
Nothing much to debate about this. Good, simple idea.

Hitman
August 23, 2004, 12:10 am
Me likes.

DeMonIc
August 23, 2004, 9:31 am
I concur.

Drama
August 23, 2004, 1:14 pm
Supporting

Dark_Noddy
August 23, 2004, 2:23 pm
gogogo !

Kazuki
August 23, 2004, 3:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
Nothing much to debate about this. Good, simple idea.

Damn, you guys beat me to it while I'm sleeping. Cheap bastawds. ;)

DizzyTea
August 23, 2004, 3:41 pm
i dont know if this is an old topic but , i can refresh a server by clicking on it once.

my apologies if this is an old topic and the update has been implemented.

Denacke
August 23, 2004, 4:25 pm
It does "ping" but it does not refresh the player numbers as far as i recall..

Toumaz
August 24, 2004, 4:02 pm
It pings, but it doesn't refresh the player numbers and so on.
Maybe a button at the bottom of the screen, like "Refresh Server", that refreshes only the currently marked server in the list?

edak
August 30, 2004, 12:22 pm
I agree whole heartedly, it is a real benefit to us 56k poverty stricken registered users who gave up DSL to register soldat :) (Joking there) But IT SHOULD BE A FUNCTION!

CardBoardWarrior
August 30, 2004, 2:00 pm
Not like this is some big coding task either. Simple thing. It should be implemented.

Jack2
August 30, 2004, 5:24 pm
I agree with this! One server refresh/update button. Its saves time! Just like in All-Seeing Eye. Finnish people get great ideas! lol, except me, when I was trying to solve the ''camping problem''.

Spectral
August 30, 2004, 10:05 pm
it would be nice if we could further the server info even more, perhaps you click on a server, and you can click a button called server information and a window would pop up giving you player names in the server, scores, and individual pings. this would be in addition to having a double click for server refresh just for the lobby. thus the only way to enter a server from the lobby would be to select a server and clicking join or pressing enter

Alamo
August 30, 2004, 11:07 pm
and this would even reduce lobby server load!

3 thumbs up!

Element_101
August 31, 2004, 9:32 am
There are some big games like CS were this is still not implmented, well It might be with steam dont play it anymore so not sure.

DT
August 31, 2004, 4:03 pm
I had 56k once and i know that refreshing the server list was a pain... so i'm up for it

Toumaz
August 31, 2004, 4:21 pm
Implent in the next version or never implent, that's my opinion.

Sekushi
August 31, 2004, 8:45 pm
I'd like this.