( search forums )
Maybe a new playstyle?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Ness
August 21, 2004, 12:57 am
Well, played UT and started thinking if one of there play styles coud be working in Soldat,

Lets say that you have one team defendeing a "Specific" target and one team attacking it, for instanse a flag. The guarding team will have stationed weapons and have it easy for there defence like hills that the attacking team will need cross, however it shoud not be impossible to reach (doh) :) When/if the attacking team reach the flag they will need to return it to unother possition to win the game, one score will do and the map restarts but this time teams switched so the attackers are defenders.
-To make this possible there shoudent need to be any large changes only new maps and well maybe some more thought to it :)

Maybe it woud be possible to make it so theres multiple different locations to attack and this time not flags, maybe something else, a spot that needs to be held for a matter of time. The attacking team will need to reach em one at a time, when/if they do the defending and attacking teams spawn position will change, this is to indicate that the target is lost and the new one is ahead. Once more the teams switch when last target is taken.
-Im no programer or nothing of that kind, but its just a instinct that maybe this one require some changes to soldat, or is it possible when making a map to add the things above?

Well, I feel like this coud be fun playing, adding a larger objective to the game. Maybe its a bad idea but it woud requre more team work, and I say thats something Soldat coud need.
If there allready is a thread of the same matter im sorry, atleast I coudent find any.
Please add some comments, it might not be the best idea right now but it coud be :)

Hitman
August 21, 2004, 1:24 am
quote:Lets say that you have one team defendeing a "Specific" target and one team attacking it, for instanse a flag. The guarding team will have stationed weapons and have it easy for there defence like hills that the attacking team will need cross, however it shoud not be impossible to reach (doh) :) When/if the attacking team reach the flag they will need to return it to unother possition to win the game, one score will do and the map restarts but this time teams switched so the attackers are defenders.Sounds a lot like 'Infiltration' to be honest. As for the switching the teams, I like this idea. It's been suggested before, but then kinda died out..quote:Maybe it woud be possible to make it so theres multiple different locations to attack and this time not flags, maybe something else, a spot that needs to be held for a matter of time. The attacking team will need to reach em one at a time, when/if they do the defending and attacking teams spawn position will change, this is to indicate that the target is lost and the new one is ahead. Once more the teams switch when last target is taken.
-Im no programer or nothing of that kind, but its just a instinct that maybe this one require some changes to soldat, or is it possible when making a map to add the things above?I kinda like this idea. You have to keep on pushing the defending team back until you get to the final capture point. Thing is, with the fast game play like Soldat I don't know if this would be possible. Maybe in like BF1942, one of the attackers has to stay in one of the capture points, of course without the presence of defenders, for a period of time, until it falls under the control of the attacking side. However, without lengthily re-spawn periods this would be pretty much impossible. Maybe you could even have both sides attacking. Both start with one base, and there would be a couple more that each could capture, and in the end whoever has most wins..

Overall I like the idea, but it would obviously have to be worked on.

Wrong place to post this btw.

Moved to Game Suggestions ;)

papasurf31
August 21, 2004, 7:57 pm
Could this mode possibly be called "Assault"? BTW - I also like this idea.