( search forums )
Make file logging default again
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Snowden
August 21, 2004, 5:09 am
Please change it back so file logging is on by default. I wanted to generate my stats tonight, and was annoyed to find I forgot to turn file logging on. Weeks of games down the drain. I'm not sure file logging really affect performance that much, it certainly doesn't for me. If it does, then they should turn it off themselves. Anyways, I format my hard drive often and usually forget to turn logging on when install Soldat. [xx(]

Unlucky 13
August 21, 2004, 5:42 am
OK, you format often? well, dont do it unless you need to. but, i think ALL options should be on by default. i concur

The Geologist
August 21, 2004, 6:29 am
I agree. Don't mean to sound insulting, but you have the option to turn on the file logging every time you install Soldat...regardless, this has happened to me. And it is because of this that I believe it should be default, if anything for the ease of one less click which (I'd assume) most active players would want.

Dark_Noddy
August 21, 2004, 12:11 pm
Just copy Soldat.ini when U format (To another drive, a floppy or just upload it somwere) then reinstall after formating pot soldat.ini back and its done..

b00stA
August 28, 2004, 2:53 pm
Ohh, you don't want to know the bugs file logging has caused :p
it's turned off by default because some people have problems with it (e.g. Soldat lagging when killing someone..)
turning it on is a matter of seconds.