( search forums )
Helmets lower headshot percentage to 100%
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
August 21, 2004, 3:44 pm

I've truly only just thought of this out of bloody nowhere.

It's quite simple really. We all know headshots mean almost immediate death in most cases.

How about, while wearing a helmet you only recieve 100% damage to the head, but with just one shot from a semi-auto and two shots from an auto, your helmet flies off...thus removing this protection and restoring normal percentage.

It wouldn't mean an incredible change to battle, but it would offer a worthy benefit to those who argue the attacking-from-above-is-too-advantaged theory while not really altering the method of gameplay.

Could even make it kinkier, and have it that you can pick up fallen helmets.

Dark_Noddy
August 21, 2004, 4:40 pm
Erm, if this is implanted there swould have to be some benifits of hat and nittn aswell... Cause else i think quite few ppl would use anything else...

Hat could increese the i dunno, visibility of predators or somthing. (Hat gives shadow on the eyes so U see better :/) Stupid I know..

Nothing could Dunno.. hehe

Anyways I dont really like this Idea much :)

Tha Doggfather
August 21, 2004, 7:41 pm
but but, nobody will be able to see my dreadlocks!

Aquarius
August 21, 2004, 8:06 pm
I would play without helmet anyway.

DeMonIc
August 21, 2004, 8:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
but but, nobody will be able to see my dreadlocks!

Yeah Chak, nothin is important then THE hairdue!

that fuking sniper
August 21, 2004, 9:08 pm
No bitch! My legendary dreadlocks must survive!

How about dog tags lower torso damage to 90%?

DeMonIc
August 21, 2004, 9:35 pm
I don't know exactly in what movie, but I remember something about the metal death surtificate blocking the killer shot :D

Deleted User
August 21, 2004, 10:06 pm
I reckon you should run faster with the "Skimpy Underwear" option.

Meh. I wouldn't object if this was implemented.

DeathHunter
August 21, 2004, 10:23 pm
it would be boring if everybody would run with helmets [xx(]

Subslider
August 21, 2004, 10:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
I don't know exactly in what movie, but I remember something about the metal death surtificate blocking the killer shot :D

cool then the barret woulndt be a 1 shot wep anymore!!111!.. >.<

vegkl
August 21, 2004, 11:49 pm
It would make aim more essencial... And if one shot whit the berret just took of the helmet, that would be exelent!

The Geologist
August 22, 2004, 12:19 am
I've thought about this a few times...what is the point of having a helmet unless it protects your head? I for one support this idea fully, make that helmet effective instead of just a useless accessory. I personally play without a helmet and that might not change even with this change, but I still think it'd be interesting.

AerialAssault
August 22, 2004, 1:36 am
in real life, helmets dont stop bullets, they only protect ones head from grenade shrapnel. and help camoflauge. this idea should NOT be implemented.

Unlucky 13
August 22, 2004, 4:15 am
quote:Originally posted by vegkl
It would make aim more essencial... And if one shot whit the berret just took of the helmet, that would be exelent!
The barret was designed to peirce TANK armour, i am soooo certian that the metal in a dog tag is harder OR thicker than a tanks (note: sarcasm)

This idea HAS to have its weaknesses, like the helmet causes you to slow down 5% or sommin. i DO NOT concur.

fabmanx
August 22, 2004, 4:26 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
in real life, helmets dont stop bullets, they only protect ones head from grenade shrapnel. and help camoflauge. this idea should NOT be implemented.

Agreed.

Chakra
August 22, 2004, 11:42 am
...why does everything always seem to fall back on what happens in real life? ..

DeMonIc
August 22, 2004, 2:08 pm
Because, omg yes I seen it on TV, d00ds were flyin omg i think they haxed, but they had jet boots!No sh!t, they really did, and DIDN'T fall over omg..so that's realistic too huh?

Boxo
August 22, 2004, 4:01 pm
If this idea was proposed by someone else than Chakra or some other vet, the one suggesting it would get his ass flamed off... -_-'

And I think this idea sucks: helmets don't protect from bullets IRL, so there's be no reason to make em do so in Soldat. Also, it would make everyone wear helmets, instead of, like hats'n'hairdos'n'stuff.

Elephant_Hunter
August 22, 2004, 4:06 pm
I think this is an awesome idea. I wouldn't wear one myself, well... unless they made a pirate helmet. Who cares what happens in real life?

Deleted User
August 22, 2004, 5:04 pm
...Pirate helmet? :O

Spectral
August 22, 2004, 5:05 pm
omg u could like get experience points and buy different hats/helmets!!! soo cool

Outcast
August 22, 2004, 6:02 pm
SO every1 will wear helmets, [:-censored] off, i want my dreads to be seen right away, not after my helmet flies away ;p

BManx2000
August 22, 2004, 6:34 pm
If this was implemented, everyone (everyone with a brain, that is) would just wear helmets. I know I would :P
Oh, and while we're at it, let's make it so smoking slowly reduces your health :P

Chakra
August 22, 2004, 7:05 pm
So, the only problem with this idea is that you'd all miss your hair? and I thought I was vain...dreadlocks could be made to be seen under a helmet anyhow.

that fuking sniper
August 22, 2004, 7:15 pm
Nah, helmets are a cosmetic option, they always were and that's how I think they should stay.

KnOt
August 22, 2004, 10:06 pm
What they said >_>

morpheus
August 22, 2004, 11:02 pm
um, correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't idea actually be helping those who use the barrett? a ten percent reduction wouldn't stop it from blowing someone's head off, while it would actually help those using the barrett by making it a tad bit harder for non barretters to kill them.

Aquarius
August 22, 2004, 11:17 pm
How about this: Helmet ALWAYS stops ONE bullet (but after the headshot the helmet flies off).

Denacke
August 23, 2004, 12:19 am
Hmm, no thanks i don't think i'd like this. As you see a lot of people like the different hair styles & stuff you can choose, + it'll just get everything outta balance more than it is right now.

KnOt
August 23, 2004, 11:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
How about this: Helmet ALWAYS stops ONE bullet (but after the headshot the helmet flies off).

Does that include 1 bullet from an auto? Cos that would be totally unfair..

Element_101
August 23, 2004, 12:24 pm
KnOt - No that would make autos on par with other weapons.

Helmets are to change your appearance, I say best leave it at that.

Kazuki
August 23, 2004, 3:32 pm
Simple answer to this idea: Very good idea, Chak, but never entangle gosteks and gameplay.

Mr Morfina
August 25, 2004, 10:07 pm
i think it should get the headshot to 90% and after the 1 shot it fly away
and if u use it you would be a little slower

Element_101
August 26, 2004, 10:18 am
Still needs more disadvantages.

KnOt
August 26, 2004, 12:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Simple answer to this idea: Very good idea, Chak, but never entangle gosteks and gameplay.

Well said.

Michal Marcinkowski
August 26, 2004, 4:56 pm
I think it would be considered as lag if you survived a headshot 90% of the time. Especially with the barret or ruger. I don't think this is a good idea, I thought of it a couple years ago:)

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 26, 2004, 7:59 pm
Case closed. Locked. Errr no mod powers :(

DT
August 27, 2004, 4:13 pm
lol i don't even wear a helmet

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:03 am
I agree because I prefer that not wearing a helmet, but that would cause anyone who did that to have an unfair disadvantage. Also this forum should probably be locked now, not many new ideas being put out there...

MakroX
September 15, 2004, 7:28 pm
why not adding color change to helmets and helmet type? like the hats, they still let u see ur own hair. so much complaining, but its cool as it is already. =)

m00`
September 16, 2004, 8:15 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc

Same thing happens in the Three Musketeers, 1 of them gets saved by a Cross on his chest lmao. and he wakes up finding that he isnt dead and the cross is bent -_-

Toumaz
September 16, 2004, 8:45 am
I will never wear a helmet or a hat. Never ever.

DT
September 16, 2004, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by MakroX
why not adding color change to helmets and helmet type? like the hats, they still let u see ur own hair. so much complaining, but its cool as it is already. =)

i want my hat to glow orange...

Dathker
September 17, 2004, 12:59 am
helmets are funny looking for noobs... and it cramps my headless style cuz then ther is a helmet ontop of a guy with no head :/ EEP

DT
September 18, 2004, 10:42 pm
i don't think that helemts should lower the damage or anything... its just thier... like dogchains...