( search forums )
A Newbie's Guide to Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Kazuki
August 21, 2004, 8:53 pm
Ok, since there have been a few new forum members that have asked for hints and tips to Soldat, I have constructed a small video. It's basically serious, with a bit of humour thrown in.

Here it is, and thanks once again to n00bface for hosting the file.

Download: A Newbie's Guide to Soldat (19 MB)

Also, if you want to learn more about how the weapons work and such, download this video.

Download: Variety (31 MB)

Please remember that you must right-click and Save As in order to download the movies correctly!

karmazonpl
August 21, 2004, 9:03 pm
great movie but the song was annoying :P

blackdevil0742
August 21, 2004, 9:05 pm
Me downloads, so exiting i'm going to learn how to play Soldat yay!!!
(joke)

EDIT: The movie is good and i loved the music[:P]

Kazuki
August 21, 2004, 9:23 pm
Yeah, I got tired of making all these serious movies, thought it was time for me to put some humour in there. :P I love the music, too.

T.J.FoRd
August 21, 2004, 9:40 pm
so many movehs!

Deleted User
August 21, 2004, 10:04 pm
Very good movie! Two thumbs up![:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

palloco
August 21, 2004, 10:49 pm
Many Mb...
I will never learn how to play Soldat![:-weepn]

Subslider
August 21, 2004, 10:53 pm
i liked it..XD
keep it up!

btw.. what are the songs called?.. cant figure out the names heared them but.. [xx(]

Kazuki
August 21, 2004, 11:20 pm
The song is called "If You Want To Be Happy For The Rest Of Your Life" by Jimmy Soul. :P Long title.

Kazama Jin
August 22, 2004, 12:22 am
It was a good movie but Kaz i still think you shoulda used *Trapt Headstrong for the whole movie it would have went with it alot better :P But It is your movie And it was still good :)

LazehBoi
August 22, 2004, 2:03 am
He chose the song to be comical ;)
I liked it alot, especially the "Don't Spawnkill" part, they were owned. The funniest thing is I can't play Soldat without that song in my head.

KiLLBoT
August 22, 2004, 5:30 am
Jimmy Soul owns you, Trapt sucks much ass.. Rofl at the movie Kaz, genious.

Spectral
August 22, 2004, 6:11 am
that Jimmy Soul song was also featured in that oh so sexy movie, "I Hate You, [:-censored]", as i think it was called.. the one where the kid says poons.

EDIT: Oh cool they censored out mygOt

n00bface
August 22, 2004, 8:23 am
quote:Originally posted by KiLLBoT
Jimmy Soul owns you, Trapt sucks much ass.. Rofl at the movie Kaz, genious.

genius* i love it when people misspell that.

I liked the movie, i can't hear the music though because im on an old computer. oh well. ill watch it again later on a different compooter.

Unlucky 13
August 22, 2004, 9:03 am
WOW! Like? Yeah! It was great! Not that i could play it on my PC... *sighs*

computer* :P n00by (dont forget the pink!)

Teh Panda
August 22, 2004, 11:29 am
Haha. 1 thing that i dont like. Almost all was 'dont do that and that and that.' More 'do that' stuff. :> Good movie.

Element_101
August 22, 2004, 1:17 pm
Not bad my friend, not bad.

Melba
August 22, 2004, 1:47 pm
hmmm it stops after dont camp with anything other than barret :(

EDIT: lol nvm for some reason opera had closed down before it was finished.

Kazuki
August 22, 2004, 6:01 pm
^_^ Thanks. Well, the "do this" things were in there, just in a different format. You can see how I tell people to use the map to their advantage, to switch weapons every round, and to learn to jump off of the right places. ;)

Edit: Oh and if you guys thought that this was funny, I'm telling you right now that this is absolutely nothing compared to what we have in store for the comedic movie. ;)

DeMonIc
August 22, 2004, 7:19 pm
I hate my computer...
Again my movies started laggin like hell, I couldn't watch Variety neither...and I completely gave up hope in watching this aswell...
EDIT:
problem soldved more or less, and I watched the movies.
These are awesome, you really made a good job Kaz.Music was well put, Variety had "pwnz0rage" , the guide should be usefull, if watched.
I salute you.

Kazuki
August 22, 2004, 9:25 pm
lol Thank you! ^^

BManx2000
August 22, 2004, 9:53 pm
I had to turn it off when the guy started screeching >_>

KnOt
August 22, 2004, 10:09 pm
..lol.. I can see n00bs watching this movie and learning a thing or 2.. A job well done.

Element_101
August 23, 2004, 9:35 am
Cant we all.

Unlucky 13
August 23, 2004, 9:54 am
I loved this movie! not because it was designed for n00bs, but more its humor side, and "don't bla bla"

Social Poison
August 24, 2004, 4:13 am
I'm no longer a newbie thanks to this video! Wewt!

(btw this is post number 1000 for me... ph33r teh spammage)

Kazuki
August 24, 2004, 5:10 am
Tehehe. I smell a special topic!

Unlucky 13
August 24, 2004, 9:14 am
You smell a... What? what are you on about? SP's post count or your video

Kazuki
August 24, 2004, 3:57 pm
lol, I was saying that since I've gotten a page full of good comments, and SP got his 1000th post here, this topic is special. :P

DT
August 27, 2004, 6:02 pm
yep... like me... i'm special

lieroguy
September 6, 2004, 3:09 pm
It was tough to tell where the lessons were proved from in the movie. Or perhaps the humour was from the sarchasm that the bad things worked anyway, like Minigun surfing.

Kazuki
September 6, 2004, 8:01 pm
Well, no, some of the 'lessons' were proved, like the evasiveness, and using the map to your advantage. Others, like minigun surfing were just there because they annoy people to hell, and you shouldn't do them unless you want to be a lamer :P

Xanthophobia
September 6, 2004, 9:38 pm
yey I just watched it... I'm in the first one for a few seconds :)

Nice movies :)

Dathker
September 6, 2004, 10:13 pm
i only have one thing... you said that "how often do you see spas and chain saw used in a public server" as if not many use them... but really quite a bit of people use them , including me :-/
bte it looks like you speed hax, lol cuz you like are goiing fastttt

lieroguy
September 7, 2004, 5:23 pm
I think his movie editor fast-forwards it and slows it down.

I don't use the Spas much unless it's uber close-quarters or realistic mode. Niether you see much of in Soldat.

Kazuki
September 8, 2004, 12:05 am
Actually, I edited some parts. I fast forwarded it. Seriously, who wants to see a soldier prancing around? It's either that or the fact that Fraps doesn't always record very well, and it skips a bit.

Dathker
September 8, 2004, 3:02 am
ooo i suppose that a good idea... its kind of funny how you represent all the bad stuff by a guy named "Asshole" and not youself.. since you really are him :/

N1nj@
September 8, 2004, 3:31 am
Dathker, are you hinting that Kazuki is an asshole?

Spectral
September 8, 2004, 3:42 am
in addition, Kaz also speed hacked.

Kazuki
September 8, 2004, 3:54 am
No, Ninj@, lol, he was just saying that I'm the "Asshole" character. I played as him in order to keep my innoscence. ^_^

KiLLBoT
September 8, 2004, 4:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
No, Ninj@, lol, he was just saying that I'm the "Asshole" character. I played as him in order to keep my innoscence. ^_^

Better fix that "innoscence" or else n00bface the grammar police will own you [:O]

SgtSolomon
September 8, 2004, 7:59 am
It iz good. I especially enjoyed the demonstration of different weapons. MP5 w00t!*end of comment*

Kazuki
September 8, 2004, 1:06 pm
lol, That was the funny part, seeing as how I'm not really innocent. ;D Those of you who caught it understand. Thanks, Solomon.

Element_101
September 8, 2004, 1:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
i only have one thing... you said that "how often do you see spas and chain saw used in a public server" as if not many use them... but really quite a bit of people use them , including me :-/
bte it looks like you speed hax, lol cuz you like are goiing fastttt

Spas chainsaw are my primary and secondy weapons.

Xanthophobia
September 8, 2004, 3:55 pm
Spas happens to be my primary too, but knife rather than the saw for secondary. I get far more kills with the knife ;)

Dathker
September 9, 2004, 3:22 am
hahah nice :/

lieroguy
September 10, 2004, 1:04 pm
Spas is much more effective in Realistic mode, aling withthe FN Minimi. So I allways choose one of the two, since I can feel more equal with the barrett users. Sure. they get one-shot-one-kill, but I can empty my SPas 12 magazine before theycan fire again, and the entire buckshot load of a Spas 12 round can kill instantly.

The chainsaw is my primary, mainly for showmanship. I.E., I kill a guy, and if the spawn times are long enough, I decimate his corpse with the chainsaw. US Socom is my tactical secondary option, since it's, you know, a gun. It also looks kind of neat when you whip it out and "bust a cap" in the corpse of an enemy.

September 10, 2004, 10:24 pm
Yay, I'm not the only one who overkills!

Ravey
September 12, 2004, 1:49 pm
Cool videos, but I have some songs that would've been perfect for your soldat style. :P