( search forums )
Force default player model.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
JayBDey
August 22, 2004, 4:48 am
One of the things that I don't like about multiplayer are those people running around without heads, or people who pick blue pants and hair and join the red team (or the other way around). In Quake3, there is an option to force all the players to be drawn (on your computer only) as the default model. Soldat should have something like that. It's completely client side, so it wouldn't effect anyone else unless they chose to turn it on.

(Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search but did not find anything related)

Chthonic Denizen
August 22, 2004, 6:08 am
Start -> All Programs -> Soldat -> Setup

Click the "More" Tab at the top.

Check off the "Clanmatch" Box. Team colours for you will now be based on the first person in the team.

The Geologist
August 22, 2004, 6:16 am
That still isn't the solution he seeks..what if the first person to join is the one with the blue pants on the red team? Then the whole team is dressed like that. Personally, I don't think this is too critical...you still have red shirts, go kill blue people. As for the invisible heads...aren't the heads still there? Just..colorless? That's what I thought...I stopped making my head invisible a while ago, though. In short...not that much of a problem.

Haro1121
August 22, 2004, 7:22 am
its not that hard to tell the difference they do have jerseys on still and aim right above the chest and u got ur self a headshot

JayBDey
August 22, 2004, 7:42 am
I know, but I would still like all of the players to look the same except for their team color shirt. It's an option anyway, and I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT hard to implement.

papasurf31
August 22, 2004, 7:38 pm
I like this idea. Since it would be a client side option, no-one else would be affected by it, and it would solve the problem of people who use custom gosteks. For ex. anyone who has used my DF:LW mod has complained that distinguishing between the colored teams is too hard because of the darkness of my gosteks. One thing it might require would be for there to be a folder that already contains the default gostek files, something not all epople would have if they use mods.