( search forums )
New map: ctf_AN-Underground
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
AndreasNesgaard
August 23, 2004, 5:04 pm
This is my second map ctf_AN-Underground.
It doesn't have waypoint so are there anyone who wants to make them for me[8)]

[file]ctf_AN-Underground.jpg,16396,Map_pictures,[/file]

[file]ctf_AN-Underground.zip,16396,Maps,[/file]

Subslider
August 23, 2004, 6:03 pm
well i can see you put some time in it..

but not enuogh.. try to shade it. look at other maps for examples
try to be orginal..

well thats it for the critic.. im sure others have sum more.. Sub

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 23, 2004, 8:08 pm
He did shade it, I can tell, you put some good effort into this map. But the problem is, those colors look really bad. and the map is way too open for my liking.

Soap
August 24, 2004, 12:25 am
The blue side is a lot smaller than the red side, which isn't a good thing for balance :/

MisterMinigun
August 24, 2004, 8:37 am
I dont see how there is any sort of balance issue with one side being smaller. I hate those clone maps which are just mirror images. its the same thingover and over. okay, I still enjoy them but they get monotonous and you could probably fight with a blindfold on after a while as you'd see the patterns of ppl as they fight over and over so long on both sides, you could do it in your sleep.
<takes a deep breath>

the reason I dont see any sort of balance issue with it is theres pros and cons to each side of the map. the run distance is STILL =. its not like blues have it harder. when the reds turn to run back they got the same land to traverse. blues is easier to defend while reds is bigger and easier to lose someone. this applies for BOTH teams as they can (I think) <sarcasm> occupy the same places on the map. instead of a mirror image its slightly different. and btw the distance to travel for each team is identical.

eys he did shade, no he didnt put any scenery in, maybe thats what you guys are trying to think of.

Droopy
August 25, 2004, 11:28 am
Lovely.. About the ballance. It IS importaint! Look at CTF_viet! The blue team almost always looses. It's becouse the red team has an easier up-hill path (I think). But on the other hand.. Look at the booring gameplay in voland.. Thats why I play infiltration. yay

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 6:25 pm
The map seems very open...maybe too open.

I'm afraid spawn camping can be an issue in this map.

Skate4Razors
August 25, 2004, 10:53 pm
It's better for blue cause they can fly and sneak attack on red, but like everone else I don't enjoy huge open maps... Unless there's a SHEET load of people! Anywho, cool map![:-spin]