( search forums )
Marking players...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Psyl3ntShad0w
August 23, 2004, 6:07 pm
This would be a minor addition and could possibly be implimented as a console command.

/mark <alias1>; <alias2>; etc...

Basically what it does is highlights a player or several players.

So when they chat, maybe their text is a bit larger or it has a little symbol next to their name so you see it better, or when they say something theres a sound, perhaps like an IM or something of that nature but less annoying. This would probably help for clan wars because sometimes you're too busy playing to look at the chat console to see commands. If there was a sound then you'd look up and be like...ok...incomming top or w/e...

Also what marked could/would possibly do is but another player identifier over the soldat that is marked, but different than the one that is yours so you can tell it appart from your own...maybe a star, circle, anything really...

Sometimes I like to "hunt" certain people, ie hackers, or just certain people in general because they've been pissing me off in a server. I could mark them, and give them priority to my bullets because it'd be easier to tell them appart from the rest of their team...

As I said, this isn't really that important what so ever, but I think it'd be a nice little addition and nothing too drastic...

While thinking of the marked/hunting...I came up with a game mode...

One or a percentage of players are "marked" in a server, basically it is deathmatch, however you only get a point if you kill a marked player, or you get 2 instead of 1. nothing fancy...and not really needed as you can kind of do that now...meh...

Deleted User
August 23, 2004, 6:28 pm
This is a good idea - you would be able to mark campers and see where they are hiding.

Aquarius
August 23, 2004, 6:36 pm
I like the idea.

wunderbear
August 23, 2004, 7:14 pm
What, so you can bounty hunt people?

Spike
August 23, 2004, 7:19 pm
i smell infantry :p

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 23, 2004, 7:33 pm
Ahaha just a bit...it makes you look better...say you're trying to get recruited. You mark the recruiter and kill him as many times as possible and he'll think you're good :-P assuming you kill him many times...and what not...

The camping thing maybe a potential problem...as it would make hiding rather futile.

Alamo
August 23, 2004, 8:02 pm
What is this stuff all about? I think for normal playing this is a totally useless feature. A waste of time to be honest.

DeMonIc
August 23, 2004, 8:22 pm
I like it, it's not similiar to any ideas I've encountered so far, and it's usefull aswell..
i concur.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 23, 2004, 9:03 pm
I just thought of another thing...it could be used in addition to the /ignore function...

/markignore

so you can ignore and hunt~

DeMonIc
August 24, 2004, 10:12 am
erm, /markignore is unmarkin yerself, or what?(im stupid)
Oh, and I say it should work with player numbers too.

CbbLe
August 24, 2004, 11:59 am
"Sometimes I like to "hunt" certain people, ie hackers, or just certain people in general because they've been pissing me off in a server. I could mark them, and give them priority to my bullets because it'd be easier to tell them appart from the rest of their team..."

bad idea imo.

Deleted User
August 24, 2004, 12:09 pm
Ok idea. But i think it would only fit dm.

Toumaz
August 24, 2004, 3:49 pm
I can't really can imagine what this idea would be good for...

Spectral
August 24, 2004, 4:21 pm
I like this idea. Not really necessary at all, but at times would make things alittle more conveniant