( search forums )
Soldat does what you write
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Hitman
August 24, 2004, 1:52 am
It's a really annoying bug, which I've meaning to report.

What happens is; Soldat does what the last letter that you type is assigned to. For example; If I'm playing with Jimmy, and I write 'Loser' it sometimes reloads the gun cause of the 'r' at the end. Also with 'Wtf' it drops the gun cause of the 'f' at the end.

Anybody else get this?

Cookie.
August 24, 2004, 1:55 am
Yes

Sekushi
August 24, 2004, 1:56 am
Sometimes, happens alot to me more when I do my taunt assigned to the F key. I've always thought it was just me holding down on the F key too long.

T.J.FoRd
August 24, 2004, 1:59 am
when u end the it with a T then then it makes a new chat line dddddddddd

Hitman
August 24, 2004, 2:09 am
I've never gotten that. Only thing I get is the Dropping and reloading..

wormdundee
August 24, 2004, 2:37 am
yes, i do remember playing and then typing 'wtf' and then it ends up starting a new chat thing cuz 'f' was my chat key

i remember it did get me killed quite a few times

blackdevil0742
August 24, 2004, 6:36 am
This has never happend to me.

Unlucky 13
August 24, 2004, 8:28 am
When i hit my chat button (re-assigned to 'c'), it simply puts one or two c's there. not real important, but when you say a map suggestion, they say "i aint got it..."

Liber_Lupus
August 24, 2004, 10:23 am
That explains alot...

Alamo
August 24, 2004, 4:16 pm
i encountered that a lot.

kevith
August 24, 2004, 4:41 pm
I have had this many times. I've had it reload, drop, or start a new line of chat (lol@ TJ Ford) on several occasions, but it usually happens to me by using my 1-9 taunts after I die (saying where the flagger went, etc.) and it picks the weapon that corresponds to the same key as the taunt I sent. Slightly annoying.

MisterX
August 24, 2004, 4:55 pm
Indeed, the bug happens here too. What I find strange, is that noone reports such "normal" bugs that you could live with. I mean, I knew it, too, but I never thought of posting it. And if I think of that, I also wanted to report that the soldier holds his gun a bit down while looking to the right/left. Hm..

KnOt
August 24, 2004, 10:57 pm
Yup happens all the time. FIX IT.

Michal Marcinkowski
August 26, 2004, 4:44 pm
It doesn't happen to all people, I don't encounter this bug but I'll try to fix it.

peemonkey
August 26, 2004, 7:45 pm
it only happens if you type too fast. wait after the last letter before hitting enter.

Hitman
August 26, 2004, 7:53 pm
Danke Michal :)

Peemonkey, if you're saying that you press enter before you hit 'f' resulting in a incomplete 'wtf' then no, that's not that case. Even when I press Enter after the last letter it still happens..

Denacke
August 26, 2004, 10:37 pm
Well, When i do /piss i have to wait 3-4 seconds to press enter else i'll go prone (s is my prone key).
Peemonkey's solution Does help for me.

peemonkey
August 26, 2004, 11:04 pm
no, you gotta wait a bit after hitting the last letter. when you hit enter immideatly, it's still processing the last letter, and thinks you want to preform that action as well. savvy?

rain_fin
August 27, 2004, 3:32 pm
If you type too fast.It happens almost every time!

Yakirx
August 27, 2004, 4:02 pm
Change the keys? :>

Ta-2
August 29, 2004, 6:35 pm
I get this too often

Xanthophobia
September 1, 2004, 9:07 pm
It always happens to me after I type "ty". I usually get killed if I wait before pressing enter, so I instinctively press backspace twice to get rid of the next teamchat that always appears after.. hehe. I don't use the default keys though.. so that's pretty much the only time it affects me.

KnOt
September 3, 2004, 11:48 pm
Oh sorry michal, forgot to say please. FIX IT PLEASE

arC
September 4, 2004, 8:04 am
lmao... so ur telling me u didn't notice this back in 1.1.1?

Dark_Noddy
September 4, 2004, 11:02 am
I agree with Peemonkey for once :) IT happens to me if I type to fast and hit the enter while still the last char i pressed is beeing processed.

kevith
September 4, 2004, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by arC
lmao... so ur telling me u didn't notice this back in 1.1.1?
It's like MisterX said, "noone reports such 'normal' bugs that you could live with. I mean, I knew it, too, but I never thought of posting it." It never even occurred to me to post about it on here either. ;)

edak
September 4, 2004, 11:49 pm
Happens to me all the time, I thought it was because I have a wireless KB or something but obviously it isn't! I hate it when you type something and all of a sudden you are weaponless, ripe for being killed! Frustrating as hell i think.

Sekushi
September 5, 2004, 4:26 pm
I think it's more of a problem of your (and my) typing speed. Not the game. Next game I'm going to try to type slower and see if I run across the same thing.

MercyM
September 7, 2004, 6:20 am
this has happened to me. But i changed the buttons because that was too annoying...

Toumaz
September 7, 2004, 4:15 pm
Things that happen for me is that I almost always get a 't' before all other text in my chat messages.

Sprocket
September 11, 2004, 7:47 pm
huh?? i dont understand..