( search forums )
CTF_Dropdown [ FIXED! RE-D/L ]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Boxo
August 24, 2004, 2:29 pm
The [:-censored]ty SML host is down as usual, so i had to post here in teh DNA forums... I also cant figure out the [:-censored]ing upload thingy, just hope the links work. I have no idea WTF the url for my image is... -_-'

I would really just like to do maps without having to mess about with frustrating upload systems that are either down half of the time or an incomprehensible mess.

Ah, as for the map, it's a simple ctf map for 2v2 - 4v4 matches. I also used a nifty tehnique of using transparent sceneries to bring variety to the background and splitting polygons for roundageness.

Screen:
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/download.asp?forumID=&fileName=overview%5Fctf%5Fdowndrop%2EJPG&memberFldrID=6060&cSF=

FIXED Download:
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/download.asp?forumID=&fileName=ctf%5Fdropdown%2Ezip&memberFldrID=6060&cSF=

Credits:

Map: Boxo
Idea: SoulSnipa
Waypoints: Freeze

Edit: Problems are fixed by recompiling. You're going to have to do that yourself, unless you d/l from SML site.

wunderbear
August 24, 2004, 2:42 pm
A very good map, i have to say. well balanced, and fun to play on. looks nice, too.[:D]

CHE_guevara
August 24, 2004, 2:44 pm
Nice Map.... D/L......

Soap
August 24, 2004, 2:45 pm
It certainly is balanced, but I think most players will tend to rush straight through the middle.

Soulsnipa
August 24, 2004, 6:22 pm
Yay..good job, although I woulda liked to see it shaded a bit better.

KnOt
August 24, 2004, 11:20 pm
Nicely done. A bit like ctf_Death, but the middle way is open.

The Geologist
August 25, 2004, 8:20 am
I agree...the first thing I thought of was ctf_Death, but I already like the layout of this map much more. The increased space in the middle should make things a little more appealing instead of the usual rush to death that Death can be (lol).

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 6:19 pm
should be renamed to ctf_snipershaven...

haha jp...but it does seem a bit open...also the top route seems like it wouldn't be used as freqently as the bottom/middle routes...unless you're camping the reinforcements...

Soulsnipa
August 25, 2004, 6:27 pm
The flags are on the bottom and you spawn on top. This is different from death where you spawn right near the flag. Here you have to pay attention over your head and behind/in front of you :O