( search forums )
Fallout mod started...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Teh Panda
August 24, 2004, 2:54 pm
Ok... I started to do a 'Fallout' mod, but i cant find sounds anywhere...(fallout 1 doenst contain sounds in different file) So if anyone have fallout soundlibrary or something, tell. [8)]

PS: I can make it without Fallout sounds, but i think it's better with original sounds.

CHE_guevara
August 24, 2004, 2:58 pm
Its a great1 Idea!!!!!

MisterX
August 24, 2004, 3:23 pm
Great idea. Just early in this morning I talked with Hanayo about that it's sad that there are so damn few games that play in this post-apocalytpic scenario like Fallout. But a Soldat mod, why didn't I think of that? But if you do such a mod, please do it good :) So if you need any help, I could try to help you. But please change the textures as well. Just imagin ctf_Run, but except fresh, green grass there is just desiccated desert :]

Teh Panda
August 24, 2004, 3:33 pm
I dont change textures. Somebody else could do it. BTW, hehe, i think i saw that yours and Hanayo's talking... But i think you were talking german. I got this idea last night when i was thinking of new mod and didnt get idea so i started playig Fallout [:D].

Aquarius
August 24, 2004, 3:44 pm
GRRRREAAATTTT!!! Fallout pwns!

KoRn_on_the_Kob
August 24, 2004, 11:37 pm
What's Fallout?

MisterX
August 25, 2004, 12:30 am
Fallout is a role-playing game set in a post-apocalyptic scenario. The third world war is over, most of the earth is desert, where mutants are. There are mostly only ruins of cities and you trade and fight for food and water.
Some screenshots: http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/gameId,239/

Elephant_Hunter
August 25, 2004, 12:34 am
I thought this was a great game (looked like Arcanum.) Hope it works out, cause I'd use it.

KoRn_on_the_Kob
August 25, 2004, 12:54 am
Oooh.......never heard of it.

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 6:13 am
This should be in modding general discussions.

Social Poison
August 25, 2004, 6:50 am
Korn hasn't heard of Fallout...

I feel old...

btw awsome idea on the mod. You could use a recording program if worse comes to worse.

MisterX
August 25, 2004, 7:18 am
Recording sounds worked really good for the sounds I recorded for the Perfect Dark mod, when I noticed that the ones in the mod aren't that good. So I think it should work with Fallout, too. It could just be a bit anoying to cut the sounds, but its better than nothing.

The Geologist
August 25, 2004, 8:17 am
I agree...I'd love to see this mod come out. Sorry I can't help ya with the sounds, though...regardless, a damn good idea. I hope you can do the game justice.

Teh Panda
August 25, 2004, 1:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
I agree...I'd love to see this mod come out. Sorry I can't help ya with the sounds, though...regardless, a damn good idea. I hope you can do the game justice.

I will try :).

Aquarius
August 25, 2004, 2:11 pm
Imagine the new maps... Cathedral, Vault 13, etc... ;)

DeMonIc
August 25, 2004, 3:12 pm
Oh...I can hardly wait...
And if u could make the helmet those Power armour MK.II types...harhar xD

blackdevil0742
August 25, 2004, 4:12 pm
Fallout is so great

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 4:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2

agrt.

At any rate, I like the fallout series...especially fallout tactics...too bad my friend lost my game CD...now I'll never be able to play it again..

*cries*

don't let us down with this mod eh? i have high expectations.

F@NTOM
August 25, 2004, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh Panda

PS: I can make it without Fallout sounds, but i think it's better with original sounds.

You can get the sounds from the fallout editor that has been released.
Here's the link ==> [URL]

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 4:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0w
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2

agrt.

At any rate, I like the fallout series...especially fallout tactics...too bad my friend lost my game CD...now I'll never be able to play it again..

*cries*

You could just buy that pack with fallout 1, 2 and tactics. :P I think it was only 30?. (I think its 32 $ or something like that)

Teh Panda
August 25, 2004, 5:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by F@NTOM
quote:Originally posted by Teh Panda

You can get the sounds from the fallout editor that has been released.
Here's the link ==> [URL]

Bleeeeeeeh. Fallout 2 editor. I got just Fallout1. Never found F2...
:(

MisterX
August 25, 2004, 7:27 pm
I got Fallout 2 :) Maybe I can get the sounds and send them to you.

quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Imagine the new maps... Cathedral, Vault 13, etc... ;)

Sure. Gogo, start making them ;)

[edit]
Aaw crap. I do have Fallout 2, but since I reinstalled Windows its not in the registry anymore, so the editor cant find the Fallout 2 folder. Finding the CD could take some time in my room..

[edit²]
Now that Fallout 2 and the Fallout 2 Editor are installed, when I want to start the Editor, it still says "Couldn't find/load text fonts" *sigh*

Droopy
August 25, 2004, 10:32 pm
I want the bottle caps instead of knives!

Meandor
August 26, 2004, 3:27 pm
quote: posting in this section requires screenshot(s).. thanks :|

Alamo
August 26, 2004, 7:38 pm
If you want sounds: Just get CoolEdit somewhere (Google will help ya!), start recording and get in the game and shoot all the guns in a silent environment. After that cut out your shoot sounds out of the huge .wav file and you're all set.

Rhombus
September 22, 2004, 3:43 pm
Lol sounds are not only shooting sounds. BTW i think I had all the sounds (or part of them) and it was in a desktop folder. So just search for fallout desktop on google.

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 3:56 pm
Gosh, the last post on this was a month ago.

Rhombus
September 22, 2004, 6:45 pm
Lol so what, I just hope the project didnt die. Search for fallout desktop theme and you might find something.

Alamo
September 22, 2004, 10:01 pm
Actually Soldat is more bout shooting than anything else so i thought, shooting would make the main part of the sounds. Naturally you can also record other sounds.

monday______riot
September 22, 2004, 10:30 pm
Fallout was/is an awesome game. It'd be cool to play with Fallout guns, but it would be hard to capture what made Fallout so damn cool in a Soldat mod.

Alamo
September 22, 2004, 10:42 pm
There are ppl who can do that. For example Ville Mk.2 with his Doom Mod. He really captured the Doom flair in a Mod for Soldat. Everything is just right.
If you have some skills and know how to edit pictures and sounds you will succeed in making a very good mod :)

Rhombus
September 23, 2004, 7:09 am
I can't promise anything, but i will try making a fallout 2 mod. And i will tell you, i will keep changing it untill everybody says: OMFG, that is great [:P]