( search forums )
First map. Ctf_Razor v.01
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
zzenn
August 24, 2004, 6:39 pm
This is a CFT map for platform fans and experienced soldat players.
There is only minimal jet allowed, so don't fall down. [;)]

You cannot see it on the screenshot, but there are guns overlooking the trenches.

The map is still in development. There are no bots yet either. All materials come from the standard Soldat game.

Excuse the halfbaked shading. It's my first map [:-devil]

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what you guys think. I don't want to do more to it before I know if people like the layout.

[file]cft_Razor.zip,16425,,0[/file]

[file]CFT-Razor.jpg,16425,,0[/file]

Deo
August 24, 2004, 6:55 pm
hmm idea is pretty cool...what Could I say about shading, well atleast it is much more better than my first map but there are lots of sharp corners, you should round them a little bit. waypointing this map will be challenging

n00bface
August 24, 2004, 7:24 pm
might want to call it "ctf_" rather than "ctf_" ...that kind of messes things up. yeah.

zzenn
August 24, 2004, 7:33 pm
Deo, thanks. I'll try and get it more rounded. I called it "razor" for a reason though, hehe.

n00bface, oops! Good catch. I'll do that when I update it.

N1nj@
August 24, 2004, 7:34 pm
I dont like it, the landscape are too bumpy...

zzenn
August 24, 2004, 11:28 pm
Well the bumpy bottom is intentional to make for good trenches.

The Geologist
August 25, 2004, 8:14 am
Good for trenches, yes...good trenches, no. A player can crouch behind a much smaller trench and use it effectively, they don't need to be so deep. Easier to get naded out that way. Either way, this is a good attempt..a little jagged for my tastes, but playable. Definately good for your first, so keep at it!

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 6:22 pm
Is that some parts of ctf_kampf I see?

Waypoints?

zzenn
August 26, 2004, 8:33 am
Geologist, thanks. I am currently working on a much better map with custom graphics. Too bad I've bumped into something ugly buggish with waypoints. Of course, it decided to wait until I had placed a couple of hundred [}:)]

Psyl3ntShad0w, Nope you're not seeing anything from anywhere. The only stuff I've used in this one was some of the scenery items that soldat came with, and texture.
There are no waypoints, and there won't be either. I decided to focus on a new map instead (with waypoints - if only the software keeps working).