( search forums )
Jungle Warfire mod beta ready
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 4:54 pm
hi there!! [8D]

my first mod is almost ready...i release a beta version so you can give me some tips and things to change and those things...

my first mod (Jungle Warfare)

- new weapons
- new weapon interface
- a few new sounds

but remember...this is still a beta at the end it will look like:

- gostek
- maps
- scenery
- bots
- lots of sounds
- maybe some weapon changes of my erlear weapons

and im from holland...so i cant spell englisch [:D]

and here i was planning to let you download my mod, but the mod cant be uploaded...when hes uplaoding the mod then there comes another site: this site cant be displayed!! help me!!

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 5:22 pm
Here are some pointers...

-Consider making your guns all one style...uniformity looks better. If they aren't uniform, it makes it look like you ripped off other people's work.

-Use caps when doing weapon names. Everything lowercase looks stupid.

-M4 looks like a poorly done remake of something I've seen in Michal's mods and it isn't even an M4. Which leads me to another point...

-Make the weapon names match the weapon.

-I don't know if it's the quality of the image or not, but some of your guns need shading, most of them look flat.

-Don't use other people's work in your mod UNLESS they've given you permission and you give them credit for what they've done.

That's all I can think of as of yet, I'm sure more will come to mind.

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 5:32 pm
wtf?? ive made this mod all by myself...ive worked so long on it and now youre thinking that ive stolen things from others??
and because i dont use one style...ive taken guns from everywear...Im just a beginner so if you knewd how long ive worked on these guns!!!!

and the quality of the pic isnt good and the guns look very bad there...i know but ingame the look very good...i wish i could let you download it and then you can see that ive made it myself!!

(and i know the m4 looks more like a m16...so what?? i am not good in the weaponinterface (as you can see...it looks very 2D)

EDIT: and if you look good....you can see the one style!! almost all of the guns look a bit thesame at the back...

bucky_brad
August 25, 2004, 5:54 pm
dude, he never said you stole any of your images... he just said not to.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 5:57 pm
Calm down.

The M4 doesn't look like an M4 or an M16. It looks like a Wz.96 Beryl which you can see here...
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16511

Your barret doesn't look like a barret either, not to mention it is part of the original game so you should know what it looks like. Same thing goes for the M249.

The chainsaw and the G36 do not look like yours.

Let me quote you...

ive worked so long on it and now youre thinking that ive stolen things from others??

ive taken guns from everywear

Also, in my previous post I never stated that you stole weapons from other mods, I was saying that if your guns aren't uniform it will look like you stole guns from other mods. The last comment I made on my previous post is just a general statement, basically restating the first as a constant reminder.

damnnation
August 25, 2004, 6:00 pm
hmm he ive askid him and he drawed all guns himself but i don't really like the mod [:o]
-you didn't made the shainsaw ive seen that one in a nother mod

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 6:03 pm
sorry man...i was flipping
i just cant have it when ive worked so long on these things and then someone says (i know i was wrong...you just said not to do) ive stolen things

and about the chainsaw: i havnt changed it...it stayes a chainsaw...but maybe ill make it blue or something

Edit: i was using a mod and the chainsaw is from that mod...i just havnt changed it (i was forgotten that i used that mod...i wanted to use the original chainsaw in this mod...but i havnt made a backup of that file...)

EDIT: ive deleted the pic from the weapon interface....because if you all think that ive taken some guns from others...that aint a fine feeling you know...

ill change a few of them then and ill search for more sounds (i dont know a site...can you help me??) and ill make the maps and gostek...and...and.....

so still have a lot of work to do...if its done...ill post it here
(and again: the inbgame weapons look fine...)

Meandor
August 26, 2004, 3:26 pm
posting in this section requires screenshot(s).. thanks :|

damnnation
August 26, 2004, 3:36 pm
he had one but take that off he's shanging the mod (weapn-interfce, and some other things)