( search forums )
ctf_shafts - needs waypointing. Any takers?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
zzenn
August 26, 2004, 9:11 pm
Hi. Basically my mapmaker is screwed up. I keep getting all sorts of errors with waypointing. I dont know if it's my installation or what, but in any case, this is my last resort.

So far I've waypointed from the right base to the middle. It might need a bit of tweaking, but the bots usually make it just fine.

If anyone is willing to waypoint this map, I will finish the graphics which are very much still in beta stage. I don't care if you use my waypointing as a starting point, or whether you start over from scratch.

I am posting a few screenshots and the map as it currently stands.

If you would prefer a version that has had no waypointing done to it, let me know, and I will upload one pronto.

If no one takes it on, I'll let the map die a quiet death. It's too frustrating having spent a lot of time on this, only to be stopped by buggy software.

---
Features of the map: The grids can be shot through, but not moved through, and make for important strategic elements, if used right.

There are "obstacles" with colliders in all the openings between shafts making it possible to guard and defend an opening.

The spikes in the middle room are quite deadly. But everyone has plenty of jetpack, so it should be no problem. There are, however, bonuses being spawned between the spikes.

Finally, the scale is big. It takes some time to move from one side to another, and if teams work together properly, some hefty battles can be fought. I suggest trying it with realistic mode for more gnashing of teeth [;)]

Edit: I forgot to mention a good example of advanced tactics. You can sacrifice yourself for the good of your team. If you stand in front of the grid and either blow yourself up or get shot by the opposing team from their base, chances are good that the flag will fly through the grid. And no, it will never get stuck in there, as you can always either shoot it out, or blast it out, should that happen.

This little tidbit should appeal to those who might think it daunting having to also escape the whole way back. Good teamwork will definitely pay off.
-

[file]overview.jpg,16425,,[/file]

[file]shafts1.jpg,16425,,[/file]

[file]shafts2.jpg,16425,,[/file]

[file]ctf_shafts.zip,16425,,[/file]

challenger17
October 31, 2004, 8:58 pm
i think thistopic is a lil old but ima post in here any way.
add a download link so i can get ur map and waypoint it. looks nice.