( search forums )
New suggestion...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LazehBoi
August 27, 2004, 3:09 am

Make this a spammed thread and every one of you will be bleeding.

I have a rather different suggestion for the barret, I noticed that the "Bullet start power" is high when first fired, so I thought maybe it could be weakish at the start (enough to "nerf" the 1 hit kill at point blank range) and gains power the further the bullet goes, up to it's maximum after a short time... What do you think?

Kazuki
August 27, 2004, 3:11 am
I think this was suggested somewhere before, but it was only a post, and not its own thread. Good suggestion anyway.

Skate4Razors
August 27, 2004, 3:15 am
That's a good idea, but I love the m79... Sill cool though![:-spin]

peemonkey
August 27, 2004, 3:28 am
unrealistic, would be too funky, no.

brickman
August 27, 2004, 4:15 am
Good idea! After all, its supposed to be a SNIPER rifle, so using it at point blank or even in just normal combat is a lot more unrealistic than the solution. If I had to choose between this and what I previously thought of as the best way to handle it, which was letting shots interrupt your reload (Note: I am not, and never will, intentionally suggesting this. I'm using it for comparison only), this would be a landslide victory. Pat yourself on the back.

LazehBoi
August 27, 2004, 5:35 am
it would be unrealistic, but as Brickman said, it beats some of the other suggestions.

DeMonIc
August 27, 2004, 9:40 am
Hmm...
Interestin.That's all.I'd like to try that out xD

DT
August 27, 2004, 4:11 pm
wait so your saying that at point blank range they won't die but at long range they will... reality speak it sounds kinda funn y but this is soldat and it would make the barret used properly so i say [^]

papasurf31
August 27, 2004, 4:48 pm
I like the idea, way better than my suggestions.

BTW - Is Che Guevara and skate4razors using the same/similar @\/@7@R?

DeMonIc
August 27, 2004, 5:19 pm
And Jap man.He too.But he was the first.
sorry for offing ^^

BManx2000
August 27, 2004, 5:44 pm
Bullets that speed up over time is just completely stupid >_<
Besides, the barrett's bullet power is 272.25. You'd have to slow down the bullet a whole damn lot to reduce it's power to not-one-hit-kill.

Keato
August 27, 2004, 9:29 pm
Wow, I think That would be great.

brickman
August 27, 2004, 10:20 pm
Wait a second, who said anything about speed? Shouldn't they just be changing the damage instead. Even if the speed does determine damage of a bullet in this game (and it doesn't, look at shotgun), they don't have to stick to that formula. changing the actual speed would screw up all the experienced ppl.

LazehBoi
August 28, 2004, 12:08 am
The speed isn't linked to power, BmanX2000.

The Geologist
August 28, 2004, 12:32 am
Amen to this idea. Close range is a nerfed barret...use the sniper rifle as it should be used, at long range. In my opinion, this beats any of the other suggestions for nerfing this gun. Why should the speed of the shot matter? Keep that the same...make damage dependant on the distance the bullet flies, as was originally suggested.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 28, 2004, 8:33 am
hmmm.....this would be like the opposite of Autos, which gains power the closer it gets.

Come to think of it, this wouldn't be TOO unrealistic, imagine a point blank shot from a sniper rifle, it would definitly go though the body, and going though the body is actually better then having the bullet stuck, as far as I know (It should cause less shock for the victim, thus reducing damage).

Don't flame me if I'm wrong please, just point out my mistake.

All in all, I think this would be a pretty good idea.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:48 pm
...YES.

*humps LazehBoi*

b00stA
August 28, 2004, 8:22 pm
Thumbs up.

seems to be worth a try imho.

Jap_man
August 29, 2004, 1:34 am
It's an alright idea, well atleast better than most ideas around here.
But couldnt you just use the weapons editor that's coming out to change the speed etc.?

brickman
August 29, 2004, 2:33 am
You can probably just alter stats, sounds and looks, but not gameplay mechanics. So far no weapon gains damage as it goes, so you would have no way to implement it unless you are a codemaster.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 29, 2004, 3:47 am
Yes they do, all guns gain damage the closer it is to the enemy, and your momentium will also give it more damage too.

liquidis x snake
August 29, 2004, 3:53 am
Eh, I don't like this idea, being a barretter and all., but I can understand why other people like it so much.