( search forums )
_Mancer_'s new idea for a mod.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
_Mancer_
August 27, 2004, 6:14 am
How about this..A Cameo mod. Everything is Cameo. The guns, added with little bits of grass and vines to make it like your hiding.
The gostek could be edited so the uniforms are cameo style.

Listen, this idea was just a brain fart, so I dont know if ill make it or not.

What d'ya think?

_Mancer_

Sam
August 27, 2004, 2:57 pm
Hey, that sounds like a great idea! Id probably download it if it was done well. But make sure you keep the weopon names the same, thats what puts me off downloading some mods, Trying to remember which gun does what quickly :P

papasurf31
August 27, 2004, 4:59 pm
Do you mean a camo mod? Personally, I think the idea sux, but thats just me.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 27, 2004, 5:06 pm
initially this idea sounds pretty cool...more military like...guile(sp?) suit kinda deal...however...on closer inspection...you figure out that by making weapons and soldats harder to recognize/see...it makes soldat harder...which makes you play worse...which is bad.

_Mancer_
August 27, 2004, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0w
initially this idea sounds pretty cool...more military like...guile(sp?) suit kinda deal...however...on closer inspection...you figure out that by making weapons and soldats harder to recognize/see...it makes soldat harder...which makes you play worse...which is bad.

Definently Military-like.

But I dont think it would make soldat 'Harder', just more interesting...

DannyLB
August 27, 2004, 9:08 pm
whats a cameo? :/

Eagle1
August 27, 2004, 9:50 pm
its 'camoflauge' for short 'camo' and it would make the game harder to play because it makes the enemy harder to see if he's hiding in a bush or something harder to see=second guessing=death

papasurf31
August 27, 2004, 10:40 pm
You wouldn't be able to see an enemy soldier if he was hiding behind a bush anyways. Most of the time, the bush or whatever object is in the way will be big enough to cover up the soldat completely. If you mean to make a set of gosteks and weapons-gfx that use the same basic coloring as bushes and grass and stuff, then I suppose I could make one in my free time. Or, you could just color the weapons over yourself, which would be really easy, and choose all green as your colors in the soldat player menu. It would get screwed up in TM, CTF, and Inf modes tho.

AerialAssault
August 28, 2004, 4:43 am
quote:Originally posted by DannyLB
whats a cameo? :/
a cameo is a guest appearance, like in a video game or in a TV show, such as in kingdom hearts for PS2, lots of final fantasy characters made a cameo appearance in that game. and that one time on FRIENDS, brad pitt made a guest appearance on one of those classic (but not funny at all) episodes.

_Mancer_
August 28, 2004, 6:39 am
Ok ok I get it, I spelled "Camo" wrong. Big deal :/

Famine
August 28, 2004, 6:45 am
IT IS A BIG DEAL...I thought you meant we have a bunch of A list actor faces for guns!

The Geologist
August 28, 2004, 7:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Sam
Hey, that sounds like a great idea! Id probably download it if it was done well. But make sure you keep the weopon names the same, thats what puts me off downloading some mods, Trying to remember which gun does what quickly :P

Just how long have you been playing this game? Sheesh...

As for the camo...I kinda like it. A little more subtle than a bunch of red guns.

Sam
August 29, 2004, 4:47 pm
About 2 weeks :P

TheRelinquished
August 30, 2004, 3:12 am
this is a badass idea, but to be honest it wouldnt work unless everyone used the mod. i mean, my soldat may look camo'd to me, but to anyone else hes just some red re-re behind a bush.

camo colors is a really good idea though. rather than just straight greens and the like. maybe that could be in the next version or something. but any kind of a mod would have no functionality except to make it harder on you.

afterall, if youre hard to see on your mod, then so are they.

Svirin Kerath
September 24, 2004, 9:29 pm
you know what would be funny, tho... a bush mod... where you're just a bush with legs.. that would be hilarious. and like... extreme camoflauge.

it'd be like those cartoons where they hide behind a bush and tiptoe around to sneak up on someone...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

anyway, cool idea. interesting anyway. course, that's cause it brings to mind a scene from Gundam...... >.>