( search forums )
Game too slow!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Yaridovich
August 27, 2004, 7:15 am
I'm sure someone already complained about this sometime, but I gotta ask.

My game is running REALLY slow. It's going below 1 FPS!

I just don't know what's going on, because it ran on a pc that is worst than mine. My pc is a Duron 850, 128mb ram, and the other pc is a Duron 700, 128mb ram.

I installed the fix patch, then tried playing it. It was still damn slow. So, I closed all the programs and tried again, but it still was too damn slow!

Also, first I was trying running in windowed mode. Then, I tried changing if to fullscreen mode, but, for some reason, even though the Fullscreen option IS marked, the game still runs in windowed mode.

And, yes, I got DirectX 8.1 or above. 9.0 to be exact.

My pc is:
AMD Duron 850mhz, 128mb ram
Windows 2k
Onboard SIS 680/780 video (with Direct3D turned off because it causes video problems on my monitor)

At first, I thought it could be the game running in Software instead than in 3D, but I really don't believe that, since Software is much lighter.

Maybe the problem is my OS (Windows 2k)? =/

palloco
August 27, 2004, 5:23 pm
The problem is your video card and that it is the first time I hear that someone was able to run the game by forcing software. That is a experimental mode and you should be thankful it runs with that enabled.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 27, 2004, 7:45 pm
Your problem is because you have an intrgrated card. If you play other games, you should really consider getting a new gfx card. They sell for only like 50 bucks for a mediocore one now.

Yaridovich
August 27, 2004, 8:15 pm
Hmm... Yeah, I thought of that too, but I really didn't believe it could be that, but it seems the problem is that.

Anyway, I'll be changing my video card to a Voodoo 3, my monitor to a new one and my windows to XP, so I think it'll run.

Guess I'll have to wait. =P

Thanx anyway.

palloco
August 27, 2004, 10:30 pm
I dunno if voodoo 3 works well in w2k, but at least in my computer it does not work on XP. Be careful.

Yaridovich
August 28, 2004, 1:42 am
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind when installing XP and the Voodoo 3.

Hope that at least I can play the game. =P

N1nj@
August 28, 2004, 1:57 am
lol, isnt voodoo 3 worst o_O

i have 3dfx voodoo 3 on my pc, and it sux like hell, can't even play counter-strike -_-

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 3:30 am
Yeah, it can't run COUNTERSTRIKE but it would be able to play soldat. At work an pentium 700 mhz with onboard graphics and it runs at a silky smooth 60 FPS.

palloco
August 28, 2004, 11:31 am
Ninja it is not voodoo which sux, it is you. My voodo computer can run both soldat and cs with more than 100 fps