( search forums )
Clan colours
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
August 27, 2004, 3:37 pm
I think that in ctf, the host should be able to change the colours of the two teams like green vs black. This would also add more customisation to clan matches. Also the host should be able to change the name of the team, from blue team to like the clan name.

The host team allways gets first choice of colour though. I think that would be quite cool.[;)]

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 27, 2004, 3:58 pm
isn't there a clan match mode?

i like the names though...

/teamnumber name

/1 Hawks
/2 Dogs

i think that'd be a nice command...

Yakirx
August 27, 2004, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0w
isn't there a clan match mode?

i like the names though...

/teamnumber name

/1 Hawks
/2 Dogs

i think that'd be a nice command...

Yeah,That could be nice.

kevith
August 27, 2004, 7:57 pm
There is a clan match mode, but that doesn't change the shirt/helmet colors of the teams, just their pants. I think this would be kinda cool to be able to do...

Hitman
August 27, 2004, 8:18 pm
I love this idea, especially the name one. Should be implemented.

Keato
August 27, 2004, 9:27 pm
Yea, That is a great idea, The whole command idea. :)

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:07 am
Yeah, that would also add interesting diversity between the servers too instead of the red vs blue that is on every server, nice idea.

Unlucky 13
August 28, 2004, 6:37 am
Ths would be kool as! I cant wait!

DeMonIc
August 28, 2004, 9:37 am
Cool, I support.

Jaz
August 28, 2004, 11:15 am
So I think it's popular enough to add to the game now......now what happens?

Unlucky 13
August 28, 2004, 11:35 am
if there are enouf people to like this, b00stA may tell Michal about it, if not, we wont be happy!

Jap_man
August 28, 2004, 12:28 pm
This idea is great, you've got my support.

blackdevil0742
August 28, 2004, 12:30 pm
supports the idea :}

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by kevith
There is a clan match mode, but that doesn't change the shirt/helmet colors of the teams, just their pants. I think this would be kinda cool to be able to do...

*buzzer*

I'm sorry, you got that question wrong. Clanmatch mode overrides the colours.

I like the name idea.

kevith
August 28, 2004, 5:06 pm
Yeah you're right. Here's your cookie ;)

I guess it might be nice to be able to set the 2 colors to whatever you desired rather than being forced to go with the colors of whoever the 1st person on the team was. Would add some more variety.

Jaz
August 28, 2004, 5:28 pm
I don't know if you understand my colours idea. I mean....instead of red team and blue team all the time, you could have green team vs black team in a ctf.

So a clan match could be ( with both ideas implemented )

:NbK: vs. :ToP:

Jaz captures for :NbK:
Remedy returned the flag for :ToP:

:ToP: could be in green......capturing black flag.

:NbK: could be in black......capturing green flag.

Ok thx.

Kazuki
August 28, 2004, 5:41 pm
Well, you see, that wouldn't really work well. Michal designed the teams based on the army alphabetic code.

Alpha = A-Team
Bravo = B-Team
Charlie = C-Team
Delta = D-Team
Roger = Read (as in, I read you loud and clear)

Using Black would take Bravo's place, and it wouldn't be as realistic. Green would work, but where are E and F? xP

Still, you could change the colors, but keep the names the same. I mean, you don't see the screen telling you "Red Team Scores!" It says "Alpha," because that's the actual name, and it has nothing to do with the color.

Thirdly, I really like Psylent's idea as well.

that fuking sniper
August 29, 2004, 4:11 pm
I like it.

Hanayo
August 29, 2004, 4:24 pm
Me t00! [;)]

Michal
August 29, 2004, 6:07 pm
It would be good for clanmatches or themed games for example, WW2: Germans vs. Russians.

SuperKill
August 29, 2004, 7:17 pm
yep very nice

Deleted User
August 29, 2004, 11:48 pm
I like the idee [:D]

AerialAssault
August 30, 2004, 12:24 am
/support

Adin
November 3, 2004, 1:37 pm
I was going to make a topic about the exact same thing but decided to search.

I want to see this!

*Votes Yes*

November 3, 2004, 2:05 pm
Bad idea.
Assume clan 1 has a blue uniform, and that clan 2 also has a blue uniform. You now have two teams with identical colours and flags. Great.

Jaz
November 3, 2004, 3:32 pm
obviously you could have away colours and it's impossible to have anything near blue, so no clashing. so a clan can have a home kit and away kit. And no im not turning soldat into football, just a solution to stickys problem..

sgt. iceman
November 3, 2004, 4:58 pm
nice idea

DT
November 4, 2004, 4:04 pm
make everyone pink... ha ha
i like the clan colors BUT if thier both blue one would be light and other dark or the same with red and so on.
mabye the flag,grenade and med boxes our color...

Jaz
November 4, 2004, 4:48 pm
Your post gave absolutly no contribution to the idea. It was just gay. Your a rampant homosexual and I dislike you.

The idea has no chance cos it hasn't been added to the new version allready and this is an older thread which some guy brought back awhile ago...so leave it alone or add it to soldat.

Droopy
November 4, 2004, 4:56 pm
I like it. Not to hard to impliment i guess..

Alamo
November 4, 2004, 7:09 pm
What is it all about? It's totally pointless to add an option like that. Who cares if the name of his team is Alpha or :instertclantaghere: ???
The color thing... who cares about colors? ... naaaah, just no :)

mar77a
November 5, 2004, 4:22 pm
Nice one Alamo, youre right...

MisterX
November 5, 2004, 7:52 pm
I say no, too.
I would find it funny, yes, but there are more reasons against it. If it would only be that you could change the names of each team, it would be confusing. Look, when you join a public server then, you need to remember both team names at first (or even more, if you play Team Deathmatch :o ). But then, if the names aren't very different, you could easily get it wrong. So this would only be disturbing, not useful. In clanwars though it would make sense, but there it would also be completely useless. Then, if you could also change the colours. Then the server admins could make some weird things. Like giving one team a pink outfit. I wouldnt want to play in this team. Or making whole teams pure black. Or making both teams have the same color, or nearly the same color. Think of 2 teams with both the same camo clothes, perfect to hide behind bushes. Many would hide, noone would know who is an enemy. So this wouldn't be only disturbing, but could very easily be very anoying. Then, next thing, clanwars. If the server admins could decide wich colors the team should have, they could easily do stupid stuff. For example that Loserlamer1337clan says they want to be Team A, give Team A coolish camo clothes, but give the enemy clan, Team B coolish pink bunny outfits. For sure Team B wouldn't want to play against Loserlamer1337clan then. That for, you would need restrictions in the league rules. They could either be, that there are set colors, and they would need to be exactly like that on the servers. Then it would be just like without this new feature. Or it could be like that every clan can choose the colors on their own. Then I'm sure it would take much longer until a match would get started.

So definitly, I say no.

Skate4Razors
November 5, 2004, 9:16 pm
Comon b00sta! Give this to Michal! Oh, I support this. =^)

Adin
November 6, 2004, 1:27 pm
I'd like if I could just customise the colour of a team on my computer, regardless of what everybody else has set up.

So for example, I could be versing one of you in a CTF game, and on your pc, the team colours could be completely different to the team colours that I chose on my pc. But we are still playing the same game.

So I'd like to be able to specify the couours each team has regardless of what you see on your pc.

That make any sense?

arC
November 6, 2004, 1:56 pm
Love the idea :D. C'mon Michal, you know you like it to! :)

Denacke
November 6, 2004, 2:26 pm
I don't really think the result is worth the effort.
- Every time you have to switch sides in a clanwar, you'd have to switch the names.
- Every time you join a public server, you have to get used to the new names.
- Same colours eliminate the uniqueness of every player, and will also make it harder to recognize who is who.

I really think it's useless, sorry.

Edit:
Now, If we change the idea a bit, How about changing it only client side?
So that you can change the team names on your client, but that it wouldn't change at mine. That way I can keep "Alpha" and "Blue" and you can have your custom names.
Yep I wouldn't mind that :)

Adin
November 6, 2004, 4:57 pm
Deancake, I am not sure if you read my post, but that is basically what I was saying, so the changes you make tot he team colours are only on the client side.
I don't really care about the names of the teams so long as I can chose their colours.

I don't know about you but I like it when every member of the army looks the same as my character, and so goes for the other team.

Denacke
November 6, 2004, 5:03 pm
Aye sorry, I read over your post there ;)
About the colours/looks, I have enough if I know their shirt has a specific colour. I like the fact that people can take whatever colour the want for their pants and hair :). But that's just my opinion ;)

Mr Morfina
November 7, 2004, 12:53 am
me supports, maybe it could be
(alpha) [instertteamname]
(beta) [inserttheotherteamname]
so x could stop crying

MisterX
November 7, 2004, 1:06 am
[IMAGE]

ArmadonRK
November 8, 2004, 10:11 pm
In Soldat config, checking the Clan Colors box overrides team colors.. In other words, WE ALREADY HAVE THIS!

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 11:30 pm
good idea

Adin
November 9, 2004, 3:21 am
Not really, with the clan colour option enabled I always get some stupid weird colours that I don't really want.

ArmadonRK
November 9, 2004, 11:11 pm
It always works for me. As long as there are no bots on the team you choose, cause then the bot will enter first, and be the "first" player on that team, defining the colors.

Messiah
November 10, 2004, 12:02 am
I love this idea, lets implent it! w000terz!

Deleted User
November 10, 2004, 4:06 am
i'm not in a clan and this probably doesn't affect me in anyway, but it sounds cool so i'm all for it

arC
November 12, 2004, 2:40 am
ArmadonRK - It only changes the pants in CTF, and with DM it makes it based on the first player in the server...

DT
November 12, 2004, 4:35 pm
I don't think it changes your pants... it changes your shirt arC
many people won't be affect by this anyways... not to many people are in a clan...

Jaz
November 12, 2004, 4:44 pm
It deffinetly does change your pants. Read the whole thread you spammer.

grand_diablo
November 12, 2004, 4:45 pm
yeh, I dont care too much about the colors, red vs. blue seems fine for me

But I like the name idea *thumbsup

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:27 pm
whats the point? i mean even noobs on your team still think your the enemy even if you looked exactly like them. bad idea, (but i have suggested worse)