( search forums )
Nades..Who dont like them?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Yakirx
August 27, 2004, 4:10 pm
I Think everyone know that nades that called "Invisable nades".
"Invisable Nades" are nades that already explode and when u land or walk on the area it explode u die.
Its VERY but VERY ennoying thing in cw because if u kill the enemy flag carrier and you was happy that you gonna returen your team flag and cap and make your team happy those "Invisable Nades" kills you and once agian u sad like a donkey :[.
Those nades runin the game.
So my Question is:
Its a bug? Or someone cheats and its make the game do that?
(nothing persnol to anyone btw).

Another bug:
In the map Ctf_Voland in the red base spawn area when u want to get inside u get stuck in the wall till your jets are empty or someone kill you.
Most of the time you dead before your jets are empty and its sucks.
Once agian take out the fun from the cw when you blue.
(The bug only in the red side the blue side is ok).

Thats it for now.
Hope someone will fix it.

LazehBoi
August 27, 2004, 10:38 pm
Get used to it.

kevith
August 28, 2004, 12:24 am
I don't know if I've ever been killed by these "invisible nades" you speak of... only nades I didn't see were there.

LazehBoi
August 28, 2004, 2:04 am
It's lag, it appears that you have hit someone with the grenade on your computer, but to the server it missed, and hadn't blown up untill you walked on it.

Bugs Revenge
August 28, 2004, 2:14 am
well, yup... that's realy annoying..
and it isn't about cheating.. it's just about the lag.
each "soldat version" have got its own graphic engine and
when u get this lag the graphic engine just show u this way,
but in the server which is the source it's another way.
it happeneds to me a lot since i'm a lagger(about 133 ping) and well
i've got used to it.. just don't walk there while u know u can walk on a nade.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 3:39 am
Yeah I'm pretty sure that its just lag, just like when you shoot someone straight on with barrett or m79 and they don't die, correct me if I'm wrong...

CardBoardWarrior
August 28, 2004, 3:52 am
Yes, sometimes dont die. But yes.

Yakirx
August 28, 2004, 12:23 pm
:O
Every game it happens to me like 6-8 times...
>_<

Marine
August 28, 2004, 5:46 pm
Maybe someone throws a nade before you get there, and walk over it?

Yakirx
August 28, 2004, 7:38 pm
No i see the nade walk back and then after he explode i go to the land he explode and then BOOM!

Bugs Revenge
August 28, 2004, 9:48 pm
yeah.. it happends much..
it's just a stupid lag, annoying 1.
coz my nades is about the size of the head of somebody.
u can't miss seeing it...

BManx2000
August 28, 2004, 10:22 pm
I think michal implemented a fix for the M79 so that if you hit somebody but on your screen it looks like you missed, the person you shot would still explode. I don't think it would be too hard to reverse this and implement it for nades, so on your screen if it looks like you hit somebody but it didn't, the nade would reappear.

whyte
August 28, 2004, 11:08 pm
With a ping >200 the position of grenades on your screen in no way relates to their actual position in game, this is very annoying and makes dodging, or even jumping over, grenades impossible. It would be fantastic if this could be fixed.

The Geologist
August 29, 2004, 3:05 am
'eh...the problem with invisible nades has been brought up before. As for getting stuck in the wall...ever heard of /kill?

DannyLB
August 29, 2004, 4:04 am
i like em but many times they blow in my face....which is stupid. A grenade doesnt do that. Hope this bug will be repaired

Yakirx
August 29, 2004, 8:44 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
'eh...the problem with invisible nades has been brought up before. As for getting stuck in the wall...ever heard of /kill?

When u can get ur team flag in cw???
Dont think so..
Someone just need to fix it someone who know how to build maps and just put something over there ;o