( search forums )
hopefully new suggestion (though i doubt it)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MJPZX2
August 27, 2004, 9:28 pm
Right now im too tired and lazy to learn how to use the search thingy so if i repeat sorry just delete it.

Anyway take f4 away from being screenshot. People can use f11. This is annoying as many n00bs dont know that f4 is screenshots and they find that the screens folder is full becuase they quit with alt f4.

Also its alot easier to quit with alt f4 sometimes when you need to quit quickly and its kinda annoying when you take a screen of nothing in particular.

We dont need 2 buttons for it so yeh thats my suggestion.
Sorry if is a repeat but atm im feeling really bad with a bad headache so just delet or lock or whatever.

Eagle1
August 27, 2004, 9:44 pm
Well I can kindda see what your saying but Alt+F4 is not the proper way to close down a program anyway its like useing Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close down your internet browser its not meant to be like that and if it bothers you so much I believe you can change your controls so that F4 is not screen shot anymore.

Elephant_Hunter
August 27, 2004, 10:03 pm
I've noticed Alt-F4 does not close down Soldat.

Eagle1
August 27, 2004, 10:13 pm
It does for me..you are hitting them at the same time...right?

papasurf31
August 27, 2004, 10:31 pm
It's kinda random for me. Sometimes, it'll close down. Other times, the gane will freeze for that fraction of a second telling you taht it took a screenshot. It closes down eventually though.

[alt]+[F4] = you hold down [alt] and then press [F4]. There's no need to press them at the same time.

Liber_Lupus
August 27, 2004, 10:39 pm
No need...its the noobies fault if they close a program by Alt+F4

SERIAL KILLeR
August 27, 2004, 10:47 pm
I noticed sometimes using alt-f4 doesnt work, instead it takes like hundred screens while i keep pressing alt-f4.

I think the reason michal added f4 was to be closer to the controls for easy use.
A solution would be to be able to chose the screenshot button in the options page.

Yakirx
August 27, 2004, 10:57 pm
Ctrl+Alt+Delete and close soldat its more easier.

kevith
August 28, 2004, 12:39 am
Serial Killer is right... he moved it to put it closer to the rest of the controls. Why use alt + f4 to exit instead of exiting the game properly? You don't have the extra 10 seconds? It's not like when you have to close your browser when your Mom walks into the room....

The Geologist
August 28, 2004, 1:14 am
lmao...agreed. Hit the escape key, click exit to menu, and go to the exit tab. Takes less then thirty seconds. Just how quick do you need to quit this game?

Hitman
August 28, 2004, 1:35 am
Some people are lazy, like me. Make it so that we can allocate it to a key.

..please :D

MJPZX2
August 28, 2004, 6:10 pm
well yeh im lazy but also my pc is soooo damn slow with xp. It lags alot when i go to the menu for soldat and its alot easier pressing alt f4.
I only need one screenshot key.

Alamo
August 28, 2004, 6:27 pm
Eagle1: Nice Avy. Thumbs up.

on topic: I close a lot of programs by pressing alt + f4...

Denacke
August 28, 2004, 6:38 pm
Why is everyone saying to do it the hard way, when the easy way is working as well?
Hell it's not that hard to implement such a minor change.

Has my vote

kevith
August 28, 2004, 8:08 pm
I'm having trouble seeing what "the hard way" is. Judging by the amount of problems it seems to cause, it sounds like alt+f4 is the hard way to me... although it would be nice if you were able to assign the key for screenshots (obviously).

The Geologist
August 28, 2004, 9:41 pm
I'm all for being able to designate a certain key for screen shots...just as I like to designate specific keys for nades, changing weapons, etc. Although I'd still just go through the exit menu (even being the lazy person I am). If it's not hard to impliement, I say do it for those who would actually make use of thie option.