( search forums )
Grenade types
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Syffer Bidan
August 27, 2004, 11:32 pm
I have a few ideas in here, I assume some are new and some may be rehashed ideas (Yes, I know you hate those).
I think it would be neat to have a button designated to changing your grenade type. This would mean that cluster grenades not be an upgrade over frag' grenades. I suggest that there be five grenade types: frag', cluster, incendiary, flash, and gas.
Obviously, frag' and cluster are self-explanatory, seeing as we already have those. Incendiary grenades, unlike frag' and cluster grenades, will ignite any player caught in the blast radius. An ignited player will lose health at a steady rate so long as he is on fire. This also works for the terrain as well. The area where the grenade exploded will burn for a short while, and anyone foolish enough to run through the flames will ignite. Flames may be put out by quick movement or agile rolls. If a character remains still, the flames burn longer.
Flashbangs are more of a tool than a weapon. When thrown, they will detonate after several seconds, blinding anyone caught in the blast radius. A person who is blinded will have a pitch-white screen, and slowly their sight will return to them over the course of eight to ten seconds. If BOTs are inflicted with this blind status, their accuracy will decrease 65%.
Gas canisters damage troops for prolonged periods of time, much like the incendiary grenade. Once activated, the gas canister will expel a yellow mustard gas. This gas will every-so-slowly spread out over a very wide area. The denser the gas in a single area, the more damage it will inflict upon those standing in its shadow. As the gas disperses, it covers more ground, but does less damage at a slower pace. Gas canisters will pump out gas for seven seconds. It will take a full seventeen seconds for the gas to completely dissipate.

LazehBoi
August 27, 2004, 11:38 pm
Good idea, but it would make Soldat too complex, clusters shouldn't replace the normal grenades, though.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 3:55 am
Interesting idea, I think smoke grenades might be better than flash as it would be hard to determine who should be flashed and who shouldn't. It also might be better if you can switch between cluster and regular grenades if you want instead of them being replaced, as he mentioned.

The Geologist
August 28, 2004, 4:08 am
An interesting set of ideas, I must admit. However I do agree with the notion that this might make the (gernade) element of the game needlessly complicated. Of all the ideas you suggested I liked the flash nade the most, although a white screen would be kind of annoying in my opinion.

Keato
August 28, 2004, 4:57 am
Nice, I like the smoke/flash Grenades..

MJPZX2
August 29, 2004, 8:01 pm
hasn't this been almost copied directly from counter-strike.
I don't know how well this would work. Maybe they could be tried as bonuses in the next release so non bonus servers which most are wouldn't have them. This would give all players a chance to test them and if the feedback i good it could be properly implemented in the release afterwards.

bucky_brad
August 29, 2004, 9:50 pm
quote:hasn't this been almost copied directly from counter-strike.

so what? if it is a good idea why would it matter? or even if it isnt.

Anyway I think this is idea isnt really needed. It would be nice to have but if it was I think 3 different types of nades would be enough. keep it simple.