( search forums )
Bayonets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BHedL
August 28, 2004, 2:42 am
Now, I don't know if this has been suggested in the past, because I've not been coming here very often and it seems the forums have been purged, but I was sort of thinking it'd be nice to not have to change weapons to kill a guy at close range. You could choose a bayonet instead of a regular secondary, and therefore do more damage without changing weapons. Maybe even make it a one hit kill. This would also leave your secondary slot open from the start, making it slightly easier to grab a gun offa the ground in a rush.

I don't even know if any more changes are being worked on at all, but I like this idea.

BHedL
August 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Oh snap, I've posted in the wrong forum, and a bug is preventing me from logging in properly and deleting this topic! [:O]

peemonkey
August 28, 2004, 4:51 am
wrong forum, been suggested many times, search function.

BHedL
August 30, 2004, 7:19 am
I did use the search function. The only other topic dealing with "bajonetts" was specific to the ak74. If there were older threads about it, they are gone now and I don't remember them. I had realized my mistake about the forum this was in right after I posted the topic, and if I were able to log in correctly, I'd have deleted it. Is it possible to have this moved to the proper forum?

MakroX
August 30, 2004, 7:33 am
well, try clicking when u r next to ur opponent, it hits ur enemy with the weapon. he would just make it one-hit-kill and not much the diff. the use of hitting with weapon, that it makes ur opponent to drop its weapon. and this dude will try to hit punching and dies before he notices he had no weapon.
here comes another idea of mine.. why secondary weapons and not dual weapons? i know it would unbalance it, so nevermind. just adding more varieties.. =\ dont hit me..>.<

Sam
August 30, 2004, 8:02 pm
*hits makro*

Anyway, this may make me look like a dumb person, but what are bayonets?

BHedL
September 1, 2004, 6:25 am
They're damn cool, but unfortunately went out of style with the advent of the mechanized gun. Damn those Huns.

[IMAGE]

So, I think it'd be awesome to be able to skewer somebody with one of those, and maybe even have the body dangle off the end for a while!

BHedL
September 1, 2004, 6:27 am
P.S. I'm not bloodthirsty at all, and I'd still like this topic moved.

<_<
>_>

Skate4Razors
September 5, 2004, 12:25 am
stop double posting, you'll get in trouble man... [:-spin]

Your idea about the barret and bajenet (how do i spell it?) is awesome!

arC
September 5, 2004, 5:01 am
To me it sounds like a Knife x Chainsaw, one hit kill yet you can't throw it. Are you suggesting this because you can't be bothered to 'change to secondary'? It seems cool, but for Soldat; bad idea.

BHedL
September 6, 2004, 8:50 am
Not so much can't be bothered as wouldn't be bothered. Um. If you get what I'm saying.

Maybe it'd be a little overpowered, in the sense that you get two guns plus a one hit kill with your primary at close range, but it'd still be damn cool.

Element_101
September 6, 2004, 10:13 am
Yeah I get what your saying, personally I like it. You can never have to many weapons.

Rhombus
September 21, 2004, 2:26 pm
me likes too, altho im positive MM will never make this.

Toumaz
September 21, 2004, 4:01 pm
The chainsaw and the knife is enough.

yourfirstnamehere
September 23, 2004, 5:03 am
quote:Originally posted by BHedL
Now, I don't know if this has been suggested in the past, because I've not been coming here very often and it seems the forums have been purged, but I was sort of thinking it'd be nice to not have to change weapons to kill a guy at close range. You could choose a bayonet instead of a regular secondary, and therefore do more damage without changing weapons. Maybe even make it a one hit kill. This would also leave your secondary slot open from the start, making it slightly easier to grab a gun offa the ground in a rush.

I don't even know if any more changes are being worked on at all, but I like this idea.

pssht. i get many kills after changing to knife in the middle of a firefight. such pwnage by the newb [:-devil]