( search forums )
The Soldat Makeover.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CardBoardWarrior
August 28, 2004, 3:50 am
I got this idea from Cbble's post about "nerfing all guns". (haha.)
And I figure this would take a substantial amount of time, for Michal, to get everthing accurate, but...

Why not ditch all of the guns we use now, start from scratch, and pick new weapons? This would mean new ballistics and stats too. Therefore making it so it would be "hard to get good at soldat again".

I've got my, eh, 'flame suit' half on...

The Geologist
August 28, 2004, 3:54 am
While the prospect of new guns does sound interesting...no. Good Lord no. My love for the current guns is too much to bring in a whole new batch of weapons. Time consuming and not needed.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:15 am
I don't think that it would be easy to think of new weapons, the current weapons are pretty diverse and personally, there aren't many other weapons i can think of... he would probably end up with very similar guns if he did this, although I think some guns such as aug should be a little bit stronger.

Jap_man
August 28, 2004, 6:57 am
two words, weapons editor.

Unlucky 13
August 28, 2004, 9:02 am
Definatley... no, oh lord, no! this WILL take a while to program, and will cause everyone to be completely newbie to the game

Social Poison
August 28, 2004, 9:11 am
Isn't Michael planning on adding a weapons editor anyways?

DeMonIc
August 28, 2004, 9:31 am
Weapon editor.Case closed.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:48 pm
Silly idea. Just...silly.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2004, 12:09 am
i think soldat could use maybe 2 new weapons... that suck... so i could pwn ppl with them..no really. 2 new weapons. it would be cool

KnOt
August 30, 2004, 11:13 am
YOU SUCK.

Deleted User
August 30, 2004, 1:14 pm
Man That [:-censored] it just need to be the same with MORE lvl that everybody will play and not some home made lvls who almoste nobody will play!!!!

Spectral
August 30, 2004, 10:07 pm
cbw, i wouldn't mind it, tho it'd have 2 versions playable online

JuiceBox
August 30, 2004, 10:17 pm
It's okay CBW, I like your idea, but it would never happen. :P

eagleclaw364
September 2, 2004, 9:13 pm
well instead of ditching current guns and starting from scratch you could make it like CS and have sub categories like rifles and stuff. =]