( search forums )
2 suggestions- Blood colours and Modding
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Yeti
August 28, 2004, 3:35 pm
Suggestion one- I love how you can change jet flame. so how about the ability to change the blood colour....so if you want too be more like predator good for fluro green.....or maybe you are a alien person - yellow.

suggestion 2 - Make a mod maker...why you ask? well making different gostek files is all well and good but theres problem. Say you want to turn the helmet into one big massive alien head you'll have trouble. The alen head will most probably be uncentered on the head and this would look wierd.Soo one of the parts of the mod maker can allow you to put the parts onto the player in the way you want em to.

But what would be way better is to get a soldat free of bugs....before anything new is introduced.

Aquarius
August 28, 2004, 3:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yeti
Suggestion one- I love how you can change jet flame. so how about the ability to change the blood colour....so if you want too be more like predator good for fluro green.....or maybe you are a alien person - yellow.

I think Michaal should allow team specified / personal Gostek files. This would include some sounds (hurt, death, victory, jump) and sparks (blood) of course + maybe even weapon graphics. With this it would be possible to make Aliens vs. Predators mod, etc...

Jaz
August 28, 2004, 4:05 pm
Blood is red. Soldats are human.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
I think Michaal should allow team specified / personal Gostek files. This would include some sounds (hurt, death, victory, jump) and sparks (blood) of course + maybe even weapon graphics. With this it would be possible to make Aliens vs. Predators mod, etc...

Definitely should be implemented. Team specific weapons and gostek -

brickman
August 28, 2004, 5:13 pm
Bigger problem with the alien head: helmet flies off when near death

Yakirx
August 28, 2004, 7:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by brickman
Bigger problem with the alien head: helmet flies off when near death

So its means your alien head will go boom.
:P
And the blood color should stay red.

Unlucky 13
August 29, 2004, 2:16 am
Yay! First idea is great, go the personalised gosteks!
Second would be hard to implement...

peemonkey
August 29, 2004, 4:17 am
the team specific is the one that sticks out, and has been suggested before. it'd add vastly to the modability of soldat. me likey dat one.

AerialAssault
August 29, 2004, 4:32 am
not a bad idea.

The Geologist
August 29, 2004, 5:12 am
Definately gets my approval...my opinion has already been stated by the people posting before me. Team specific options rock like a piece of andesite. [:D] (That's a rock, btw...I am the Geologist)

Yeti
August 29, 2004, 6:42 am
um ......well I can asure that this team specification thing wasnt what I was pushing for...but now that everyone is saying its good I'll nab it.

as for soldat being human.....um well my soldat isnt human ...his a predator...featuring helmet, skull dangling from shoulder and all the sounds ripped off fom avp2.I can easily change the blood colour to fluro ( not generic soldat fluro) and have it like that....but Id like to be able to make aliens too( zombie matchs will be freaky with that)....anyway I'll have to play around with the helm gostek file to get a alien head out of it...but the blood will always be a problem.

oh and dont forget my 3rd , secret suggestion, a completely bug free soldat before improvements.

BManx2000
August 29, 2004, 4:33 pm
Team specific gosteks NO, some people would cheat to make themselves invisible (unless you're just talking about the blood and accessories). Sound definitely NO, sound files are too large to be downloading to everybody who joins the game.

Aquarius
August 29, 2004, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Team specific gosteks NO, some people would cheat to make themselves invisible (unless you're just talking about the blood and accessories).
? But this wouldn't be server side! Only you would see yourself invisible, others would see you normally.

quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Sound definitely NO, sound files are too large to be downloading to everybody who joins the game.

I'm talking about possibility. The original game would include only one Gostek and one sound set, like it is now. And once again, I'm talking about more possibilites for client-side mods (like present mods) not server side. You wouldn't download anything.

(sorry for stealing the topic)