( search forums )
worked it out!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
MJPZX2
August 28, 2004, 6:15 pm
okay a while ago i posted i bug i had where i was playing and then a double appeared! Only this double had (1) on the end of its name whereas usually its YOU who has the (1).
Also this double didnt stand still, he followed me and actually killed someone.

Well i have now worked it out. I get a bug where about 50% of the time at the round swith it says conection problem but only for me its not the server just me. Everyone else keeps playing. So then I have to quit and rejoin the server.
Well to get my double bug instead of quitting and rejoining when i get that bug I just change team to the same team. Then my following double appears. It turns out that he can cap too.

Its not all good though. It only lasts for around 30 seconds then it comes up with a message saying MJPZx2 left the server and makes you quit to the menu.
Also he stops you from firing ocasionally as you just punch him instead. You don't get to choose what gun you use either.

So yeh I worked it out i guess. Only thing is don't know if anyone else gets the bug where it conection errors at round switch.

N1nj@
August 28, 2004, 10:01 pm
You do get this bug when connection problems happen, but I dont think the double moves/shoots/caps, it stands still for me.

Are you sure the one who shot and capped is your double...

MJPZX2
August 29, 2004, 2:52 pm
100% I was called MJPZX2 and the double was MJPZX2(1).
He killed/capped. Maybe its only for me since i do get this weird bug where half the time the round changes i get a conection error. Its very annoying though.

Denacke
August 29, 2004, 3:02 pm
It'd be nice with a demo :)

MJPZX2
August 29, 2004, 4:04 pm
ooh good point next time im public ill try. Only thing is though when i get the bug where i get conection problem on reset two things happen when the scores come up just before it changes map.
1) my screenshots are really messed up ill get one of those to show you hopefully. 2) when i talk it only says it when i rejoin the server. e.g. i say "gg" but then i realise it doesn't come up so i know i have the bug. Then i quit to menu then i join the server again. And then it will register me as saying "gg" which can be a bit weird.

Also if I say something and then i realise I have the bug, then i quit to the main menu then i join a different server it will say what i wanted to say on the previous server on the new one. That can be odd if i join the server and for no apparent reason i say gg.

Anyway hopefully the demo will work. I'll try it out.

[file]screenshot28.JPG,15078,,0[/file]

Well theres a screen ill do a demo later. I think the bottom one is actually me. Although it doesnt show him killing or capping he has moved from the base.

Anyway im not 100% sure he can cap but I have seen him get the flag. Although theres not usually enough time for me to run back to base before it makes me quit.

Denacke
August 29, 2004, 7:28 pm
Yes i also have the say problem sometimes, I say something on a server, but i didn't have the patience to let it show up, so i leave. I join a different server, and it pops up there, can be annoying :(

Unlucky 13
August 30, 2004, 7:35 am
Happened a few times before. The thing is, they don't show up on anothers screen, only client side, yet they can still kill.