( search forums )
Can't connect anymore
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
brickman
August 28, 2004, 10:47 pm
This is annoying. all day so far, I have been unable to view stuff in the lobby server and noone has joined the servers I made (I guess they never got to the lobby). Yet up until today I have never had a problem with connection for more than 5 minutes. What happened?

On an unrelated note, there's a weird bug where if I try to switch servers online, it will take me back to the server I was just on, but when I do it again I get to where I wanted to go. Sounds trivial, but it isn't when the server I wanted just got full whiile I was trying to get there.

Afkamm
August 28, 2004, 10:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by brickman
This is annoying. all day so far, I have been unable to view stuff in the lobby server and noone has joined the servers I made (I guess they never got to the lobby).
Well post your server's IP address here so people can join manually. :)

kevith
August 28, 2004, 10:58 pm
ok... re: your 1st problem: have you seen all of the other topics about the lobby today? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's the same problem. You're all going to make Hitman's head explode.

whyte
August 28, 2004, 11:04 pm
methinks the lobby server is down, try various clans irc channels to get their server ips and connect that way.

Try the lobby server again in 24 hours.

A little helpful hint: if you think it might be your computer playing up check the servers link on www.soldat.pl if it fails to lead anywhere chances are the server is down.

N1nj@
August 28, 2004, 11:14 pm
quote:From Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list
Lobby Server is not responding!

First of all make sure that you've downloaded the 1.2 fix. Also, in the 'lobby_servers.txt' make sure that the address is lobby.soldat.pl. Sometimes you have to press 'Request Servers' a couple of times for them to come up. Please check the Soldat homepage, as any future updates will be posted there.

If you have done all of the above and it still does not work that means that the Lobby server is down, which it does from time to time, so please be patient when it does.

and about the switching servers online, do you mean joining another server? if that's the case, make sure you double click on the server that you want to join whether than using the [Join Game] button.

DannyLB
August 28, 2004, 11:25 pm
yes the lobby is down today. i only go in 1 server so i have it there always but i rarely see people in so i can play with someone.

TheRelinquished
August 28, 2004, 11:43 pm
i spliced mods all day long to get an awesome combination for my Soldat-ing, and now i try to get on a server.....and theyre down.....

*tear*

i think we need to make an offering to the Headshot Gods.....

any volunteers?

brickman
August 29, 2004, 2:31 am
Thanks for the tip, ninja. And it seems that all the sever topics appeared at the same time, which was right after I posted this. Cuz there were none before.

N1nj@
August 29, 2004, 4:09 am
quote:Originally posted by brickman
Thanks for the tip, ninja. And it seems that all the sever topics appeared at the same time, which was right after I posted this. Cuz there were none before.
np. lol. Only if people learn how to search and read...

-karvinen-
August 29, 2004, 1:33 pm
All seeing eye works.
http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html