( search forums )
Lobby Server Improvements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
N1nj@
August 28, 2004, 11:37 pm
1. When you request a server list, have it so that it saves to file that will remember the list, so players don't need to request servers everytime. This will also help when the lobby server is down, people can still connect to the servers that are dedicated without having to use other programs like ASE or the need to remember the server IPs.

2. Have a [Update] button, which will act like the Request server button. It will bring up a new up-to-date list of servers like now.

3. Have a [Refresh] button, which will act like the Ping button. It will refresh all the servers that is in the file with the saved list of servers. It will refresh the ping, maps, players and etc.

4. Have a right click menu for the lobby list. The menu will look like this:

-------------------------
Connect to server
View server info
Refresh server
Add server to favourites
-------------------------

The first option will connect to the server (obviously) just like double clicking it or using the join game button to join.

The second option will bring you to a page with the server info. It will have server name, amount of players, map, time and etc. It will also show a list of players in the game, showing the player name, how many kills/deaths each have, and amount of time stayed in the game. There will be also buttons like [Refresh] which will refresh the individual server, [Join Game] which joins the server, [Cancel] which goes back to the lobby list page.

The thrid option will refresh the specific server alone rather than the whole list.

The forth option (my favourite) will let you add the server directly to the fav_servers.txt without having to copy the server ip and then paste it in fav_servers.txt. Also, I wish that when you add the server(s) to your favourite, make it not only it adds the ip, but also the port as well.

5. That's all for now, post your comments and views please, both positive and negative comments are welcome [:P]

DannyLB
August 28, 2004, 11:59 pm
i like the idea

Deleted User
August 29, 2004, 12:00 am
Man That RULEZZZ! [:D]

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2004, 12:03 am
i think it would be good

Elephant_Hunter
August 29, 2004, 12:41 am
I like this idea alot N1nj@

kevith
August 29, 2004, 12:48 am
Sounds great... I would also like to be able to add a server to my favorites list from the lobby (like a button that says "add server to favorites" or something).

Jap_man
August 29, 2004, 1:39 am
sounds good ;), love to see this in the next version of soldat :D

liquidis x snake
August 29, 2004, 2:11 am
Looks heavily inspired by Counter-Strike.

Good, I guess.

Hitman
August 29, 2004, 2:32 am
Very good ideas.

I like and agree with them all :)

N1nj@
August 29, 2004, 4:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Very good ideas.

I like and agree with them all :)
wow, positive comments from Hitman who hates me! *take screenshots*

anyway, thanks for all the good comments, glad you guys like it.

it was kinda inspired by CS, actually it is kinda the same -_-
oh well, I just hope Michal read this and make some comments :p

DeMonIc
August 29, 2004, 11:25 am
Yup, it's a good idea... :)

Subslider
August 29, 2004, 12:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
Looks heavily inspired by Counter-Strike.

Good, I guess.

prolly steam..[;)]

edak
August 30, 2004, 12:28 pm
That is a fantastic idea! [:P] Lick-Like IT!

N1nj@
August 31, 2004, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by edak
That is a fantastic idea! [:P] Lick-Like IT!
lol, thank you thank you