( search forums )
Skiing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rokahoda
August 29, 2004, 3:38 am
It's been a while since Ive been here, but I'm rather sure this hasn't been posted. I also realize the michal has stopped development on soldat, but another suggestion can't hurt.

Skiing: Holding a certan key makes you slide as if you were on slipery polygons. Now you're wondering, then whats the point of having slipery polygons at all? with those you must slide weather you like it or not. With skiing, let's say your moving rather fast and your about to hit the ground, hold the skiing key and you slide while keeping your momentum.

Does soldat really need this? not much, but it would be a fun feature. :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 29, 2004, 3:44 am
I think you meant doing that Megaman sliding move?

Rokahoda
August 29, 2004, 3:58 am
Ok, your standing on a slanted hill. Your press the ski key and you start sliding down the hill. Now add this to running across the map sliding up and down hills. It's a bit hard to explain, but if you've played tribes vengance you could see what I mean. When you run out of fuel and are heading down a hill you can hit the key and keep your speed / increase it by skiing down the hill.

The Geologist
August 29, 2004, 4:03 am
What's up with these topics related to tribes vengance? This is Soldat...if you want to ski go find some snow. No offense, but this is a totally useless suggestion.

Rokahoda
August 29, 2004, 4:10 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
What's up with these topics related to tribes vengance? This is Soldat...if you want to ski go find some snow. No offense, but this is a totally useless suggestion.

Useless? no. Read it again,

quote:When you run out of fuel and are heading down a hill you can hit the key and keep your speed / increase it by skiing down the hill.

Why people refer to Tribes? because It shares the same physics as soldat which in my opinion would enhance gameplay.

peemonkey
August 29, 2004, 4:14 am
no, it IS useless. it make no sense in soldat, and you can already power-sled. just prone, jet and jump and youll go super-fast.

N1nj@
August 29, 2004, 4:26 am
The physics in soldat is well more different compare to Tribes. This skiing thing can be done anyway without having to add a extra button/key. Try going to MrSnowman, a DM map, and go to the most right side hill. The hill is a icy area and when you prone on it while using your jet pack, you get your speed and sliding as well.

Rokahoda
August 29, 2004, 4:32 am
I know about the prone/jet, but the button would basicly just toggle slippery ground while increasing momentum when landing at certan angles.

The Geologist
August 29, 2004, 5:08 am
I read your post...I don't need to read it twice. Useless is as useless does. [;)]

peemonkey
August 29, 2004, 5:34 am
yea, it's not tribes, dude. soldat doesnt have some wierd technology that makes [:-censored] slippery. sure there jets, but that's it. wait, pred mode too. but that's final. berzerker mode? SHUT UP!!! anyway, it's not soldat.

karmazonpl
August 29, 2004, 5:36 am
Just no dude, no no no, english mother[:-censored]er, do you speak it ? then no ! no no no !
naw, nah, no way, no, never, nay

peemonkey
August 29, 2004, 5:49 am
what?
what aint no place i ever heard of. they speak english in what?
what?
english, motha [:-censored]a, do you speak it?
what?
say what one more time mother [:-censored]er, one more time.
i dont like this idea.
what?
english, motha [:-censored]a, do ya speak it??
[:-censored] you.
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!!

Kazuki
August 29, 2004, 6:26 am
What I would like to ask is how often you see soldiers skiing, even in futuristic movies.

Simply put, this idea would be good anywhere else, but not here. =\

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2004, 6:56 am
worst. idea. i. have. ever. heard. (not to be harsh)

Deleted User
August 29, 2004, 10:12 am
we could introduce an entire winter themed map! and there could be another additional button to make the soldat cover himself with snow so he looks like a snowman but when an enemy skiis past BAM you can throw icicles at him! this would add yet another few buttons to the game, making it more confusing, AND it would be for some useless [:-censored] that benifits gameplay in no way whatsoever! i say skiing all the way!!!*explodes with sarcasm*

b00stA
August 29, 2004, 1:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rokahoda
I also realize the michal has stopped development on soldat, but another suggestion can't hurt.
[:-timebm]

papasurf31
August 29, 2004, 4:19 pm
I hate this idea. Now, people can rocket forward with immense speeds by tossing a nade behind them. IMO, even lamer than m79 jumping.

BManx2000
August 29, 2004, 4:27 pm
M79 jumping isn't lame, it's 1337. Nade jumping is even 1337er, since it's easier to blow yourself up.

Michal
August 29, 2004, 6:02 pm
Would it be like in Super Mario when u stand on a slope and press down/duck? It could be kind of fun, but not that useful or realistic.

Another fun but ultimatly useless thing would be rolling while jetting, by just pressing the side and down keys.

Rokahoda
August 29, 2004, 7:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
quote:Originally posted by Rokahoda
I also realize the michal has stopped development on soldat, but another suggestion can't hurt.
[:-timebm]

unless hitmans screenshot was a joke. [V]

peemonkey
August 30, 2004, 2:02 am
dude, yer stupid man. didnt you read any other posts?

JuiceBox
August 30, 2004, 2:41 am
nope.

karmazonpl
August 30, 2004, 2:58 am
hahahahaahahhaahahaahaaaaaaahaahhhhaahahaa *dies*

Yeah, well it seems hitman actually fooled someone...