( search forums )
Peace agreement in Najaf
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hitman
August 29, 2004, 10:59 pm
Is it just me or is anybody else seeing a bit of repetitiveness here?

How many peace agreements/cease fires has Iraq had so far? I don't get it, all these peace agreements and cease fires do is give these bastards time to regroup, or even spread out, re-arm, and organise themselves for another series of attacks.

It's just a vicious circle. To be honest, I was happy that America launched a major onslaught on Najaf. I was hoping that they'd get themselves out of the mess they've made, and finally make some progress by killing Moqtada al-Sadr and his asshole supporters.

Sure, when it comes to invading people's privacy; barging into people's homes, etc, to look for suspected terrorists that's alright, but when it's comes to actual terrorists/terrorist supporters in a shrine that's a no go. I'm not saying that they should go and blow the place up, but they always back off as soon as these guys are held up in a 'holy' place. How can a place where terrorists are held up be considered holy? Oh wait, I forgot, it's a 'holy war' against America. Hell, if that's the case shouldn't America being going after Ali?* I mean, if it's a holy war, aren't all things holy involved, or are they just using that term so they can pussy out and hide in a shrine? They declared their holy war; I say we give them their holy war.

I'm telling you, this is going nowhere. I'll give this peace treaty 2 weeks max until it starts all over again.**

*Of course I'm not suggesting they do this, I'm just trying to make a point
**Before you write what you're about to post, read what I just wrote again, try and see my point.

AerialAssault
August 30, 2004, 12:36 am
i concur

morpheus
August 30, 2004, 12:56 am
if we attack a holy place, then we have the whole country to deal with, not just some bunch of terrorists.

Hitman
August 30, 2004, 1:14 am
I see you're point, however..

Wouldn't the only people who have a problem with it, be to some extent supporters of these people? I mean, I'm sure the US flushing the terrorists out of the shrine, couldn't be as bad as letting them use it to fight their war?

Famine
August 30, 2004, 1:39 am
so your saying all shi'ites are terrorists?

Hitman
August 30, 2004, 1:41 am
Of course not. I guess I went a bit over the top with that sentence.

Offending sentence removed.

morpheus
August 30, 2004, 3:40 am
the way they see it, a muslim is a muslim, regardless of the fact that some may be terrorists. if non muslim forces enter a shrine (afaik) it's then defiled. so instead of defiling the shrine, they'd rather play these games.

Hitman
August 30, 2004, 3:51 am
Although I understand that you have to respect their believes, it's so...stupid.

bucky_brad
August 30, 2004, 9:16 am
why not just starve them out? sit a group of soldiers out there for a couple of days and eventually they will come out or be starved to death.

btw I never heard about this so I dont really know whats going on.

palloco
August 30, 2004, 5:35 pm
And tell me. Who are gonna be the valiants(or idiots I would say) that get into Nayaf with all snipers bazookas and traps there? And to do what? To kill terrorists you need to enter into the houses without the tanks, and that means you can die really easy. The only way would be massive bombardments but that would be bad seen in the whole world and all Iraq would revolt against US.

Hitman
September 12, 2004, 3:16 pm
Before I head off back to school again, I'd like to point out:quote:I'll give this peace treaty 2 weeks max until it starts all over againDeadly Baghdad Battle - Exactly two weeks after I posted that.

To answer your question Polloco; That's what the US army is trained to do.

Alamo
September 12, 2004, 3:53 pm
Oh my god. How can someone really support this oil war? All of Bush's 'reasons' were proven wrong. ('Terrorists' he looked for: none; bioweapons: none; ...) All he does is fight a war for oil and support his election campaign. He attacked the Iraq because of terrorists (Usama bin Laden and his comrades) and the only 'terrorists' he faces are patriots who fight against the occupation of their country. He should really get the [:-censored] out of there and shut the [:-censored] up until he loses the election (which he won't because I bet that will be a USSR-kind election).
Wouldn't you get pissed if some son of a bitch entered your country without a reason, occupied without a reason and stole your countries resources? I don't say that the Saddam Hussein government was better but is it good to live under occupation?

And Hitman: isn't it weird that you have an anti-bush avatar but post pro-bush? ...

palloco
September 12, 2004, 4:44 pm
Hitman: US army is not trained to enter into houses, they are trained for war. Elite cops and special forces are the ones trained to enter into buildings.

Melba
September 12, 2004, 4:47 pm
Bush sux

that fuking sniper
September 13, 2004, 12:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
Oh my god. How can someone really support this oil war? All of Bush's 'reasons' were proven wrong. ('Terrorists' he looked for: none; bioweapons: none; ...) All he does is fight a war for oil and support his election campaign. He attacked the Iraq because of terrorists (Usama bin Laden and his comrades) and the only 'terrorists' he faces are patriots who fight against the occupation of their country. He should really get the [:-censored] out of there and shut the [:-censored] up until he loses the election (which he won't because I bet that will be a USSR-kind election).
Wouldn't you get pissed if some son of a bitch entered your country without a reason, occupied without a reason and stole your countries resources? I don't say that the Saddam Hussein government was better but is it good to live under occupation?

And Hitman: isn't it weird that you have an anti-bush avatar but post pro-bush? ...

He's not posting pro-Bush, hes just pointing out how stupid the situation is. I agree, but then again if the US doesnt "play the game" on stage infront of the whole world and disrespect the treaty, then it would give the militants a good excuse for a non-stop Jihad similar to what happened in Israel. To the Muslims, only a Muslim can enter a shrine or a temple, and even then one must take a bath beforehand and take his shoes off at the entrance, so you can bet its pretty strict for them. Should the US army decide to come in with their troops to check the shrine out for terrorists, all hell would break loose. And not even the militants, alot of civilians might actually join in on the outburst if something like that happens. So its a very delicate situation.

Cookie.
September 13, 2004, 8:24 pm
"Bush sux"

indeed

[IMAGE]

LazehBoi
September 14, 2004, 7:43 am
Isn't "Holy War" an oxymoron?

Unlucky 13
September 14, 2004, 8:00 am
eh, Hitman is a fortune teller!

Element_101
September 14, 2004, 11:00 am
Why are we helping, it has nothing to do with us, were on the other side of the world...

Rabies
September 14, 2004, 3:05 pm
No one is helping nobody(or something like that) in Iraq. War is very naively based on "Saddam being a bad man" and liberating Iraqis but that's just a big load of bullsh*t. It's all about oil(if someone hasn't noticed yet).