( search forums )
Point Match Revival
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain_Jimbo
August 30, 2004, 10:46 am
I was thinking of a fix for the Point Flag on Point Match to make it more competitive and challenging. *Just read summary if you're not into details*

Summary
=========================================================

Original Version : Player carrying the Point-Flag gets 2 pts per kill and Multiple kill pts for Multi Kills.

Fixed Version : Player carrying the flag gets 4 points per kill instead of 2 * and 6 kill pts per Multi Kill*, BUT if the player is killed while HOLDING the Point Flag, all the points that were gained with the flag are lost *kills without the flag remain intact*. This way, the Flag Carrier can either gamble and get more points holding the flag, or throw it away to cap off his/her points. This gets the flag moving around and on the flip side, other players will want to tear the flag carrier apart to blow away the Flag carrier's points. The math is pretty simple, but I threw in a chart anyways. Just an idea =)
================================================================

*Point Flag Chart*

Kills w/Old Flag Bonus | w/New Flag bonus = Total Kill Pts

1 (0)+ 2 = 2 +4 = 4
2 (2)+ 2 = 4 +4 = 8
3 (4)+ 2 = 6 +4 = 12
4 (6)+ 2 = 8 +4 = 16
5 (8)+ 2 = 10 +4 = 20

-EDIT- Err, charts a little messed up, but you get the idea.

** All Kills w/flag are subject to being lost if killed holding flag**
** All kills w/out flag remain intact throughout match.**

Oh, and if you get the flag a second time, points from when you previously had the flag are safe. It's kind of like blackJack, a game of chance and risk =)

DeMonIc
August 30, 2004, 10:50 am
Yay!
/me likes this very mucho!
But I doubt it would revive pointmatch...