( search forums )
Here are my suggestions of the month..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KnOt
August 30, 2004, 11:35 am
1. Spikey hair style.
-- I think this speaks for itself really, I personally am all for customisation, I'd like to have a hair style like the 'punk' one.. but instead with spikes. Dont ask 'why?' .. ask 'why not?'.
-
2. Scope or Binoculars as a secondary weapon.
-- I know these have been suggested too many times. But, I.. I.. I'd just like to be able to see a bit further sometimes, I'd like to be defending ( without a barret), and be able to see my enemies coming from a little further away, with of course, the sacrifice of not having a proper secondary weapon. And lets face it, we get nearly half our kills with our secondaries these days..
-
3. Detachable law, with automatic fire.
-- We should be able to drop our laws on the ground, aim them, and then leave them. They will shoot in the same direction none stop, without anyone needed to load them or anything. Of course these automatic laws, on 'stands' would be disabled by a small explosion, or 2-3 bullets for example. Still, think of the defensive possibilities! You could at least slow down enemies coming from a certain path, if you cant be in 2 places at once. Also, this idea is not completely unrealistic. In war, they often fire laws into he air, continiously, and rain down rockets on their enemies. Also, once you drop your law, and set it up, you should not be able to pick it up again. And maybe it should overheat after firing like 10 rockets.

Subslider
August 30, 2004, 11:50 am
i like 2 and 3..

1 is ok.. if michal wants to do some extra coding..

Element_101
August 30, 2004, 11:53 am
1. Good im always up for more options
2. Nice Id like to be able to see enemys coming with out having to use barret to.
3. No sorry just not soldat.

Jap_man
August 30, 2004, 12:30 pm
I like your first and second ideas;
1) I guess if michal wants to add a new hair style he should go ahead with the idea.

2) The idea of having a binoculars as a secondary weapon seems like a good option.

3) Honestly I can see this option being really badly abused.

nice suggestions anyway ;)

DeMonIc
August 30, 2004, 12:57 pm
1, YES!
2,Let me think...YES!
3,Well, if it is properly done, so it won't be abused(much)...YES.

Veronica
August 30, 2004, 1:23 pm
How about you imagine in your head your character has that hairstyle? boom easy solution to 1.
2. Scope or Binoculars as a secondary weapon?? Wtf your not running in a jungle sitting on a mountain looking down at people doing guerilla warfare. And are you going to throw the scope/binoculars on your enemy to kill them? If you just join a game to sit still and look over the map why not become a spectator? Why not get infrared goggles too! Or green cows!
3. Yeah I can imagine in a game with 20 people it will get kinda freaky. I believe mortars are better choice. You must be really stupid as a soldier if you grab a stationable rocketlauncher and throw it on your back then run into a war and set it up. The timer to build such a weapon should be atleast 5 days long...

Sorry KnOt I just had to do this....

CardBoardWarrior
August 30, 2004, 1:58 pm
Build such a weapon? A real squad of gunmen can set up a heavy machine gun in 3 seconds. And the setup required for the LAW? 1. take out law, 2. place on tripod...

Binoculars are not a bad idea. Thats all I need to say about them.
quote:
Scope or Binoculars as a secondary weapon?? Wtf your not running in a jungle sitting on a mountain looking down at people doing guerilla warfare. And are you going to throw the scope/binoculars on your enemy to kill them? If you just join a game to sit still and look over the map why not become a spectator? Why not get infrared goggles too! Or green cows!

Your not too good at Soldat, are you?

Veronica
August 30, 2004, 2:04 pm
Nope I never really played it before. And we're not talking about a squad here. We're talking about a few pixels that moves on a computer screen. Theres good balance in the weapons as it is. Could of course be modified a bit. The m79 works great to shoot up in the air, switch to your soccom and wow you got artillery fire! Come on, or ask a friend to run behind you and shoot with a m79 up in the air if you want to see granade/rocket rains

Deleted User
August 30, 2004, 2:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
1, YES!
2,Let me think...YES!
3,Well, if it is properly done, so it won't be abused(much)...YES.

Agree [;)]

DT
August 30, 2004, 3:31 pm
3: Yea that could easly be abusedlike 2 and 1 though

bucky_brad
August 30, 2004, 4:34 pm
1. Ofcourse
2. na, really only because I would never use them.
3. na, it just dosent fit soldat.

Yakirx
August 30, 2004, 4:47 pm
1. Nice thing
2.Good Idea!!then we can disable barret.
3.Nah not good thing :)

Liber_Lupus
August 30, 2004, 4:49 pm
I only agree with the one..there should be even more hairstyles and other things.
two and three...no, i woulnt use the second and three doesnt fit soldat.

palloco
August 30, 2004, 5:21 pm
What liber said.

KnOt
August 30, 2004, 5:31 pm
Meh.. Vampire princess, why should I imagine it? Why are you against having a different hairstyle? It does no harm, only gives you more options to change your appearance. As for binoculars or a scope, the idea is not to use them in combat, it's so that you can see incomers from slightely further away, hell.. I know I'd use them a lot.. Havent you ever decided to defend one day, and just wished you could see a little further sometimes? It's giving you a head start on your enemy, + I'm so good with AK now I dont even need a secondary :) This is not messing with the weapon balance or anthing. I dont even want it to replace anything, just be added to the list of secondaries.

Meh, as for my law idea .. have any of you seen the film 'We were soldiers' .. starring Mel Gibson? They use something similar in that film, but then the laws over heat, and they have to piss on them cos they ran outa water ^_^

BManx2000
August 30, 2004, 6:02 pm
How could a LAW fire multiple shots by itself? It's supposed to be a one shot weapon in the first place...

Deleted User
August 30, 2004, 6:04 pm
1. Mod the game.
2. Weapons editor (single shot weapon with scope, reloads in milliseconds, fires nothing. Simple)
3. Stupid.

damnnation
August 30, 2004, 6:33 pm
i think the weapon editor is a stupid idea then you will be able to have a ak that reloads verryfast and has the strenght of the barret...

Deleted User
August 30, 2004, 6:57 pm
i think that it would be cool to create your own weapons...
a m16 with burst would be cool :D
but on the other side...the mp fun would be gone...
becuz when you r assaulting with (for ecample) the m16 (with burst :D) and then you see a enemy with a minigin and the bullets r as good as the barret....

Arsenic
August 30, 2004, 8:01 pm
1. Good. Maybe even more hairstles like afros.
2. Maybe. Probably not worth gving up a secondary for binoculars.
3. No. It would be abused.

Hey, I had an idea. Maybe the scope would have to take up the secondary for some one with Barret to use the scope. Maybe?

brickman
August 30, 2004, 9:17 pm
I say 1 fine, 2 okay but not my style, 3 not that way. I do, however, believe that adding to the map certain stationary automatic turrets would help enforce the fact that YOUR ENEMY'S BASE IS YOUR ENEMY'S BASE, not just the part of a map closest to the flag. It would have a clip of 15 shots equivalent to the minimi, with a 2 second reload. Taking damage equal to 50% soldat health or any explosion would disable it untill spawn cycle. It would target anyone of one team, although in ctf both would have one. This would also help balance inf, where attackers have a big advantage.

Alamo
August 30, 2004, 11:12 pm
Ummmm am i the first to ask if you are serious? This looks like a joke to me. No offense though.

KnOt
August 31, 2004, 10:31 am
Stalky I want everyone to see my spikes :| Oh and why should everything be directed to the weapon editor? Why cant a scope be implemented as a default secondary? Why is everyone so afraid of a little change, something new? I.. from the number of people who have suggested it, and the number of people have agreed with it, I think a scope is a brilliant idea.

Maybe the 3rd one was a little stupid, but I thought i'd post it anyway, just a little brain wave I had.

Alamo, would I be the first person to ask if you are serious? You seem like a joke to me.

papasurf31
August 31, 2004, 3:54 pm
1.)[:-thumbu]
2.)[:-thumbd]
3.)[:-thumbd][:-thumbd][:-thumbd][:-thumbd][:-thumbd][:-thumbd]
Way too easily abused: 1. set LAW 2. /kill 3.) repeat

I do, however, love arsenic's idea on the barret. It blew me away by just how much sense it makes. I bet it's been suggested before...

For like 2 weeks, I thought that Alamo's name was actually A Lamo...

Alamo
August 31, 2004, 9:12 pm
No, i just mistyped A LMAO ... -.-
Open Google and look for 'The Alamo' and 'Alamogordo' :)
Kn0t: I did not want to offend you and i don't understand why you offend me now...

But to take this serious:
1. More customizability (does this word exist) would be cool
2. no... that is not really necessary
3. i don't think it would fit in soldat :)

Arsenic
August 31, 2004, 10:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31

I do, however, love arsenic's idea on the barret. It blew me away by just how much sense it makes. I bet it's been suggested before...

Thanks. Think I should start another thread or something so it can be more easily discussed?

wunderbear
September 4, 2004, 5:29 pm
1 Good idea.
2 It would give an advantage, which would be countered by the fact you don't have a knife/saw/Law/etc...
3 Could be abused, but if you set the ammo to 2 or 3 shots, you have a pretty good mortar (and have it so the users have to guess the range they need...[^])

BTW,

quote:Yea that could easly be abusedlike 2 and 1 though
You can abuse the hair?

"damn, out of ammo. I think i'll use my hair..."
"What are you doing with yyour helm- OH MY GOD! SPIKY PUNK HAIR! AAAIIIEEE!!""

[:D]

sevin.
September 4, 2004, 8:34 pm
1. itz not a bad idea and there really is no downside.

2. itz an interesting idea. also i think when u look thru it ur sight should act like it was realistic mode. but if u r scoping u would be an easy target to kill since u can't see whoz approaching u.

3. hm i don't like the original idea but if u edit it a little it could be useful. i don't think it should fire automatically or else if it was a big game everyone would put one law on the ground to shoot at ur flag unless u make the reload time very long. also it could be abused by having one guy scoping with the binoculars and everyone pass him a law to easily kill him. there should be a wait time before the rocket actually fires.

so basically it would be like a stationary law that automatically reloads and takes like 5 seconds after u click to actually fire.

KnOt
September 6, 2004, 12:34 am
sevin..that's a risk you should be willing to take, unless you're an asshat, you'll only look through your scope when you're safe..