( search forums )
Soldat Not Working
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
T-Money
August 30, 2004, 1:07 pm
My computer got real [:-censored]ed up off some virus yesterday and I had to re-install XP. Now I can't run soldat.....wtf? Screenie of error message is included. Any help would be appreciated.

[file]crap.GIF,15362,,0[/file]

EDIT: I have installed DirectX 9.0, and I can run Splinter Cell PT and other high-end games fine. My system specs:

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX 440
RAM: 512 MB
HD: 20 GB

If all I need is the drivers, can someone help me with finding them?

Veronica
August 30, 2004, 1:13 pm
Happens, update your video card drivers and install the newest version of directX...dont forget to reboot computer

Hitman
August 30, 2004, 2:30 pm
Moved to Bugs Section.

b00stA
August 30, 2004, 4:10 pm
http://www.soldat.pl/faq.html
1. The game does not run! I get an error: cannot initialize 3d hardware, or something like that.

It's a hardware compatibility error:
- Make sure you have the latest DirectX drivers
- Try to run the game in window-mode
- Change the Windows desktop colors from 32-bit to 16-bit
- Try to change some Soldat Config settings (turn off Antialiasing, check 16-bit)
- Install the latest or different video drivers
- Try changing the windows desktop resolution and bit-rate
- Try turning down or up the graphics hardware acceleration (My Computer/Properties/Performance/Graphics)
- Try updating your motherboard drivers
- Check also this this topic on the forum - 3d initialization problem
- If you have Windows NT/2000 install the latest service pack

Deleted User
August 30, 2004, 7:36 pm
And if all that stuff doesn't work then i need to see you need to format your computer and reinstall everything.
I had the same problem by my parents formated the computer and after then it worked fine for me!!
BUT first try the other stuff that B00stA says!
And i will say this because if you format your computer and you lose very inporanted files then it is NOT my fault [;)]
Just so you know it!

Raggamuffin
August 30, 2004, 8:06 pm
If you want, you really should try to install the "omega" drivers (www.omegacorner.com). There a 3rd party driver suite but they are pretty good, with my expirences, they have increased preformance and accually stability.