( search forums )
pred view mod finish?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
peemonkey
August 31, 2004, 5:08 am
should i finish the predator view mod? everything is gonna be like in the movies, with the thermal vision and everything and all the other stuff blue.

[file]predat.JPG,8033,images,[/file]
yo?
i already got gostek and interface (guns'll be same) and the weapons-gfx will be easy, cuz they'll be red and like the one in the pic.

i hope to get at least 5 maps in the blue-funky vision, but likely will give up. anyone got some advice?

DEAD
(lost gostek)

DannyLB
August 31, 2004, 5:20 am
hmm, it would be cool if you could have an off/on button for it though

peemonkey
August 31, 2004, 5:31 am
new map finished: PV_The Lake
cant play team games with this mode though. :( michal should put this in for predator mode :P

[file]untitled.JPG,8033,,0[/file]

papasurf31
August 31, 2004, 4:07 pm
WOW! That must have been really time consuming...Looks good tho.

Deleted User
August 31, 2004, 4:22 pm
that map looks good to me...very good :D

damnnation
August 31, 2004, 6:04 pm
yea keep working on it i like it :D only the gostek dusn't look that good
-is that bleu in all maps then
-why can't you play teammatch whit it ?

The Geologist
August 31, 2004, 6:38 pm
I love the look of these maps! A very interesting take on such an obvious element of the game. This may be kind of a foolish idea, but ah...watch Predator. Maybe make a few maps based on the movie itself...I could think of a few ideas if you're curious about following up that line of suggestion. I realize the layout of the levels might be similar by doing something like that, but the environment of the movie itself could help with a couple ideas.

Deleted User
August 31, 2004, 6:45 pm
Why is the gun red? :/ It doesn't look like in predator except for the blueness of the map.

The Geologist
August 31, 2004, 8:38 pm
I'm guessing the gun is red because this type of vision is heat sensative...you fire the gun, it gets hot, and shows up as red.

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 7:08 pm
well im trying to do the thermal of the moveis, but apperently you guys arent liking the gostek. what is it that's not good about it? i might change the gun later, but i wanna see what it looks like in the movie(s) first. it's not time-consuming at all actually. only took about 30min for the gostek, and each of the 3 maps so far took about 2 hours. it's not that im rushing, but that i've gotten so used to it through all the modding i do on a near weekly basis, that i've gotten really fast at it :D

EDIT: you CAN play in teammatch, but the torsoe is a bit pastel. you have to be all white for it to work though :(

damnnation
September 1, 2004, 7:14 pm
well i really like this idea for a mod so i hope you can make it as best as possible [:D]

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 7:45 pm
what's really going to be hard is the explosions. i have no reference on what it should look like, and it's alot of editing to do :(
you can help by findin pred vision thermal pictures from the mover :D

blackdevil0742
September 1, 2004, 9:07 pm
You could just invert the color of the explosions.
It looked good when i invered the explosions in paint.

Deleted User
September 1, 2004, 9:15 pm
Hot things = Red/Yellow/Orange. And if you invrt the colours of explosionb it looks more like a cold spot. :/

blackdevil0742
September 1, 2004, 9:20 pm
I know but It wouldn't look so good with red/yellow/orange
i know that it's in the movie but it wouldn't look so good...but it's just my opinion.

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 9:51 pm
im thinking itd be best to be mainly white, then the fringe be red. but i want a pic of an explosion through predators' eyes in one of the movies.

paramud
September 1, 2004, 10:51 pm
i might be able to hook up my vcr to my tv, then get a shot of the fire, for a price... eh new screenshots?

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 11:31 pm
well the only new screenshots would be of unfinished maps. im wondering what guns i should put in. ive kinda got an AVP theme goin, with the pulse rifle as AUG, disk as knife, combi-stick as chainsaw, wrist had claw on it. :/

paramud
September 2, 2004, 12:33 am
eh, i WAS gonna make a pred mod... untill i realized i suck at modding... anywho i always thought the knife would be good as is wristblades, but w/e, i dont think the pred would be one to through his wrist at people :P

peemonkey
September 2, 2004, 12:35 am
exactly. ive made fists wristblades, which is more realistic.

paramud
September 2, 2004, 12:38 am
w00t go peeMONKAY! i still have to go through all the wires in the back of the tv, but no worries.

karmazonpl
September 2, 2004, 1:17 am
looks great JV !

peemonkey
September 2, 2004, 2:09 am
if you want to help me, find some weapons that would fit in, and give me the images/what gun it should be. i need profile views of them though, nothing angled. i can do the interface and weapons off it quick.i think i might release a file with the weapons from the mod in color, not pred vision as well.

EDIT: pic, even though it shows nothing new really. the 2 guns are a shotgun and pulse rifle. need to finish blood.
does the gun look better red, or blue?
[file]untitled.JPG,8033,,0[/file]

paramud
September 2, 2004, 4:05 am
i like red better, its easier to see over all the blue, nice work though, ill see what i can do bout stuff like explosion and weapons.

Deleted User
September 2, 2004, 6:46 am
The weapons should be red on the barrel area.

paramud
September 2, 2004, 10:42 pm
heh should be good for realistic mode.

peemonkey
September 3, 2004, 12:11 am
im starting to lose my interest in it, but will try to stay focused. if i dont want to continue, ill post my progress, because people seem like they may like it.

peemonkey
September 4, 2004, 4:21 am
aight, i've gotten alot done, but i need help from someone with AVP2 retail version. i also need someone with some google-detective work to look for sounds for me. so first off, who has the AVP2 retail game, and a few minutes to take pics?
then, if there's anyone out there that can get me the sounds for all weapons from AVP2, i'd be uber-greatful and give mad creds. i think whoever has the game can actually edit it and hook me up with them sound files ;)

(combining this post with the one from above wouldnt be too wise, as they're alltogether different topics...i suppose)

paramud
September 4, 2004, 4:50 am
eh, i have the game and an expansion pack, just need to reinstall them though... and about your double post.. its... SPAMTARO TIEM!!!11

[file]spamtaro.JPG,15554,,[/file]

peemonkey
September 4, 2004, 5:15 am
i dont know what the [:-censored] spamtaro is in reference to, but yer willing to help me? snap[:-hspin]
i need ingae pics of
Mingun(marines)
Plasma Pistol(pred)
Spear Gun(pred)
Sniper Rifle(marines)
Flamethrower(marines)
i've read stuff about a mod with some energy thing for the pred on it's wrist, but that one's not important.
i want the pics to be like this one:

[file]example.JPG,8033,,0[/file]
in .bmp , like that. so that i can edit it for use in soldat. thanks, by the way.

i also need ALL the weapons sounds, cuz im using basically all the weapons.

blackdevil0742
September 4, 2004, 7:50 am
http://www.planetavp.com/lvmods/avp/predatorsounds.shtml this site has some marine, predator and weapon sounds, it's a fileplanet website ;(
I haven't checked if they are in wav format.

peemonkey
September 4, 2004, 8:33 am
it's all in .REZ, which i cant do anything with. it's meant for use in the game, to make it sound different. thanks for searching though ;D

blackdevil0742
September 4, 2004, 9:15 am
oh...ok
I'll try to search for the sounds

BTW this site has some pics of weapons.
http://www.otan.claranet.fr/avsp/avsp.html

EDIT: I think that i found a explosion
http://www.sciflicks.com/predator/images/predator_02.html

peemonkey
September 4, 2004, 10:12 am
THANKS!!! now i gotta make it :(
those weapon pics arent useable. they gotta be like shotgun i post. ingame, and leveled out. :D yer goin in credits

paramud
September 4, 2004, 6:59 pm
actually that explosion pic was just his hand... i think. you know, when he picked up the scorpian? oh well. i just got my vcr hooked up and the predator movie, gonna watch it and get the screenie, just incase.

peemonkey
September 4, 2004, 10:12 pm
it's not that part, cuz the fighting between the commandoes and marxists was done. if i t were, it'd look more like a hand, and have a scorpion shaded dark spot in the center. damn i love that movie XD3
im not gonna work on it much this weekend, cuz im in san fransisco at my exgirl's apartment, and tomarrow'll be stoned out of my mind :D

blackdevil0742
September 5, 2004, 9:12 am
I didn't want to force you to complete this mode ;(

peemonkey
September 10, 2004, 4:59 am
im basically over it. if you want the gostek and a map or two, email me @ peemonkey@sbcglobal.net , and ill hook you up. if ya release it, i get the mad props. ill prolly continue with regular weapons from AVP2 and such, but this gostek looks ugly in online play, and ive lost all interest. when will i ever release a mod??? :( :P XD XP

peemonkey
September 14, 2004, 1:03 am
lost gostek, oh well <:(