( search forums )
My Second Climbing map, kz_tower
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 31, 2004, 9:55 pm
OVERVIEW:
[URL]

You might already know my first map of this kind, which actually was the first big soldat climbing map. Check it out here: [URL]

In this map you climb all the way up in a tower and in the and fall down again from the top, landing in the finish. The screen above only shows one half at teh highest zoom of the mapmaker, discover the other half yourself :D

[URL]

Teh Rules for this map:

-NO WEAPONS
-NO BOTS
-any number of max grenades (the more, the easier)
-DM or TDM
-dont flame when u see the thingy at the top of the map ;D

additional rule for "good" climbers:
-make a demo :D and send it to me.

polygon guide:

bright polygons: normal
yellow polygons: hurt
blue polygons: heal
red polygons: death
"the color between blue and green" polygons: icy
dark polygons: fake polygons
green polygons: grenade jump time!!

HAVE FUN!!!

EDIT: V1.1 added

SigHunter
September 1, 2004, 1:15 am
*downloading*
:> nice work dude, i like these kinds of maps

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 1, 2004, 1:52 am
o....m....g.....

Its time to prove myself worthy.

*Downloading*

Deleted User
September 1, 2004, 8:11 am
I never finished the first one. :/ I got pissed off when i got on those ice/deadly combo platforms and died. *dl*

Deleted User
September 1, 2004, 8:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
I never finished the first one. :/ I got pissed off when i got on those ice/deadly combo platforms and died. *dl*

bad news: these combo polys appear here again :P

Unlucky 13
September 1, 2004, 8:28 am
Must...Finish...Map this time *D/L* Oh, and that combo always piss me off last time...

JuiceBox
September 1, 2004, 4:16 pm
done via, m79. I'll post pics after I get home from school.

Btw the penis at the top is a nice touch.. :|

Deleted User
September 1, 2004, 6:13 pm
uhm, you're supposed to do this without weapons, just with fists :|

Michal
September 1, 2004, 10:34 pm
Very creative, I like it. :)

Deleted User
September 2, 2004, 7:10 pm
my question: do you want another climbing map?

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 3, 2004, 12:00 am
not really....

btw, I finished the map, without M79. I'll post a screenie when i have time...

SigHunter
September 3, 2004, 1:02 pm
atm i dont want :X
cuz:
i havent been able to finish the first yet
and the second is also too hard for me :/

Deleted User
September 3, 2004, 4:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by -BD- Avarax
my question: do you want another climbing map?

Yes.

Unlucky 13
September 4, 2004, 5:48 am
one more? you are not getting away with it that easy! 1 million! lol, too hard, need practice map, how about a real easy one to get a n00b to the climbing world started!

Deleted User
September 4, 2004, 9:06 pm
the next one will have another system (i already started working on it), there will be like a stair and the platforms guide you from step to step and if u fall, u fall down too the step. so dont worry unlucky 13, there will be very hard levels at the end but u can always try again without a restart (thats not the case if u get onto a deadly poly ;))

Cookie.
September 4, 2004, 9:41 pm
OO! this map is the rocks! /me downloads

Edit owy its very hard to get to that area on the right i give up O__O

CHE_guevara
September 5, 2004, 4:18 pm
Holly Sh!t !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
September 5, 2004, 4:18 pm
A preview to the following kz map kz_stair:

the start and the first two steps. as you can see even a noob should be able to do this.

[IMAGE]

and here the 6th and 7th step, the 6th is already hard to master for rooks, but 7th is much easier, i just wanted to include some sceberying tryouts in my map, you'll need nades for 7th :D

[IMAGE]

Kimball
September 7, 2004, 5:20 am
I have been browsing this forum for about a half year now and i feel the need to post in this topic. I must say that i love these types of climbing maps and i hope you continue to come up with new inovative ideas WITHOUT including m79 jumps in you maps. These types of maps bring a new fresh feel to soldat that has acually kept me in soldat longer. I hope that these maps will continue for a while.
Altho i do have some ideas. First of all i would be nice if you would just incorporate some kind of system to start off at the part of the level you wish to. It would make another difficulty level to the gameplay. My idea is that you could simply just have a big long platform on the top of the screen with some vertical tunnels leading down to the begining of each stage. It would be like you start at one spawn point at the top and run right until you reach the tunnel that will lead to the area you last left off at. This could create a more pleasurable experience to the maps and if your worried about this being to easy and somoen might cheat by just going to the end. You could always just require a pic at the end of each part of the stage and if somone really wanted to cheat they couldve done so easily by editing the map and changing the spawn point.

These are just suggestions and i hope you think about these a little.

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 6:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Kimball
I have been browsing this forum for about a half year now and i feel the need to post in this topic. I must say that i love these types of climbing maps and i hope you continue to come up with new inovative ideas WITHOUT including m79 jumps in you maps. These types of maps bring a new fresh feel to soldat that has acually kept me in soldat longer. I hope that these maps will continue for a while.
Altho i do have some ideas. First of all i would be nice if you would just incorporate some kind of system to start off at the part of the level you wish to. It would make another difficulty level to the gameplay. My idea is that you could simply just have a big long platform on the top of the screen with some vertical tunnels leading down to the begining of each stage. It would be like you start at one spawn point at the top and run right until you reach the tunnel that will lead to the area you last left off at. This could create a more pleasurable experience to the maps and if your worried about this being to easy and somoen might cheat by just going to the end. You could always just require a pic at the end of each part of the stage and if somone really wanted to cheat they couldve done so easily by editing the map and changing the spawn point.

These are just suggestions and i hope you think about these a little.

thx for feedback, vut once more i have to say, m79 or any other weapon is actually not allowed, only nades for those high jumps. maybe I'll include teamspawns in this map so u can spawn at the beginning with team1, at 1/4 with team two and so on...

maybe i'll get a server someday and put this on it so you can play with multiple players

Kimball
September 7, 2004, 4:17 pm
I relize the m79 and other weapons were not allowed and i was just saying that i hope you keep it that way. I look forward to more of you work. Single player or multiplayer these levels still kick ass.

Toumaz
September 7, 2004, 4:52 pm
Hail climing maps! :D

chakapoko maker
September 9, 2004, 11:31 am
i cant get to the second story... btw ive found this map is a good measure how long soldat can jump and step normally. so i got an idea for you that uses a curve slope as an accelerator to jump over a towering wall or something, which is a drill for newbies like as a bootcamp in movie. Rce_ map might have already put it to use.

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 9:10 pm
uh, i dont really understand chakapoko oO

Kimball
September 9, 2004, 10:25 pm
I think he means that there would be slope like on many inf maps where you gain alot of speed by jumping at just the right moments on a hill.

chakapoko maker
September 10, 2004, 3:12 am
waht i wanted to say is what Kimball says. gallopping on hill + vertical jump = the high jump.

SigHunter
September 29, 2004, 10:06 pm
avarax, now i want another one :>
cuz i have finished the fist (with m79) and the second nearly ;_: after an hour of trying, i didnt want to fall down after nearly 80% of the map ://

Deleted User
September 30, 2004, 6:39 am
with m79l... thats not a big deal :P

but yes, my third map is almost ready, 4 stepsd (its like a stair) left, but I'm short on ideas...

EDIT:
thats the top of kz_tower >.<

[IMAGE]

September 30, 2004, 8:11 am
That looks a bit... Phallic...

Kimball
September 30, 2004, 8:44 pm
Man for a while there if thought you just quit making these maps. I am extremly happy that you are still keeping at it and this map will also probably be good since it seems like youve been working hard at it.

Deleted User
November 19, 2004, 9:19 pm
hehe, sry that i bring back topic, but theres an update cause these maps are getting popular with automap dl, so i fixed some bugs and added another story. i really hate when people host the map with minigun or m79 cause thats just no fun so i added a sign at the beginning of the map ^^
well, check it out at page 1 then