( search forums )
A modest proposal...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
confusedone
September 1, 2004, 4:49 am
I have just embarked on an Aliens vs. Predator mod for soldat. Call me crazy or whatever you like(don't, actually). So far my plan is this:

Desert Eagles->Twin M4A3 Pistols
MP5-> ?(netgun?)
AK-74-> ?(shoulder plasma blaster..in your hands?)
Setyr Aug-> M41A Pulse Rifle
[file]4.JPG,16437,,0[/file]
Spas-12-> ZX M10 Shotgun
[file]5.JPG,16437,,0[/file]
Ruger 77->speargun
M79->PN Grenade launcher
[file]7.JPG,16437,,0[/file]
Barrett M82->M4A2 Scope Rifle
[file]8.JPG,16437,,0[/file]
M249-> M56 Smartgun
[file]9.JPG,16437,,0[/file]
Minigun->minigun
USSOCOM->plasma Pistol
flamer->M240 Flame Unit
[file]flamer.JPG,16437,,0[/file]
Knife->Comabt Knife
Chainsaw->wristblades(?)
LAW-> M83A3 SADAR

yes I know, some of the images are too big, I will resize them..

so there's that. any input would be nice. any nice input would be better. My main problem is sounds and scaling the pics down to the proper sizes. Currently I am using Photoshop to make things smaller, but this is only at school, and since I don't live at school, this slows things down.

My basic purpose for this post is: I need a partner in crime. Preferably one who will acually coorinate with me and not either a)slack off or b)zip ahead and take all the credit.

as for my progress, I have the interface icons for the Pulse rifle, Smartgun, Grenade launcher, flamer and the names of most the weapons(give me a break, I've spent about 1.5 total hours on this).

--confusedone(formerly known as SaltedFish)

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 4:52 am
sounds like a plan. ive been making a mod of the predator's thermal vision mode, along with maps in that mode. even though the 2 mods are alike, im not sure thyll be able to mesh together good. but good luck with your mod, hope it comes out good :D

)EDIT( where'd you get those pics? i want some fresh copies of those.

Deleted User
September 1, 2004, 6:06 am
You are not supposed to antialise them. :/ Amd be sure to add black outlines after resizing.

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 6:17 am
ive got a good interface-gfx and weapons-gfx mod for a pulse rifle, but it might go to waste with my thermovision mod, as it will be red. you want it?

JuiceBox
September 1, 2004, 7:53 am
knife would actually make a good disk thing. Like the on predator throws.

peemonkey
September 1, 2004, 8:09 am
*just finished modding one*
im working no combistick. hard to find good pics out there.
anyone know a site where i could get pics of the weapons in profile view (like in soldat interface)

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 2, 2004, 8:58 am
there was one guy who made rambo mode a predator mask and then u shot blu stuff it was really cool maybe u should search for it and ask if u can add it to ur mod

confusedone
September 3, 2004, 4:30 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey)EDIT( where'd you get those pics? i want some fresh copies of those.

I got them from Google...I'd like to make icons like Serial Killers UT mod, that actually look nice, but I suck at drawing, so I'm stuck with this.

quote:You are not supposed to antialise them. :/ Amd be sure to add black outlines after resizing.

that would explain why they look ugly. My eyes burn whenever I run soldat. *sigh*

any advice would be nice..

peemonkey
September 3, 2004, 5:01 am
google's a bitch for [:-censored] specific topic. i've managed to rip 5 weapons from the AVP2 demo, 1 from a picture, and am looking for the others. im going to release a pack of the weapons not in the thermo, so you've got some competition ;)
it's damn im possible for me to get a usable pic of the speargun, the predator pistol, the smartgun, the minigun, the sniper rifle and the flame thrower. the flamethrower's going to have to be diffferent, cuz the fuel tank would make it so when you look left, the gun's above your head. :(

confusedone
September 11, 2004, 10:37 pm
Right now I'm just puttering along like a sail boat with a puff of wind.[:-sleep]

Anyway, your mod will have that professional touch, which mine will lack, I'm sure.

Anyway, I don't know where to get sounds. Anyone?

peemonkey
September 11, 2004, 11:51 pm
get the avp2 demo and harvest them :P ive been trying, and it's pretty hard because i need to use a microphone (crapy one) and turn the speakers all the way up, and that kinda freaks me out. the sound comes in horrible, so i got problems. ive abandoned the predator vision mode, too ugly online. i do however have every gun except ussocom converted, even though ive made alot up :/ it's pretty good actually, but im thinking of doing another version of the interface. ill release a bunch of half-assed mods at once in a few weeeks months, whatever. :P
where the hell did you get that shotgun? i've found nothing like it anywhere :/

BManx2000
September 12, 2004, 5:19 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
it's pretty hard because i need to use a microphone (crapy one) and turn the speakers all the way up

Download this. The only restriction on the shareware version is that it only lets you use the program for 10 minutes at a time, which should be fine. Alternatively, you could try to find a program to rip the sounds directly from the game's data files (which is what I did to get the sounds for the land warrior mod), although this can get complicated, especially with nondescriptive filenames and data files in data files, etc.

Alamo
September 12, 2004, 10:18 am
you should try CoolEdit. Ville Mk2 used it for his gorgeous Doom Mod... :) And he recorded from the game.

confusedone
September 12, 2004, 6:24 pm
Yeah, see this is all way beyond me. I could get the game itself, but I have no recording equipment. I guess I was banking on the fact that someone else would've already ripped the sounds, and I could "borrow" them(with credit, of course).

As for the shotgun, I know it's ugly, and as for where I got it, I couldn't tell you, I did a search in Google for "colonial marine shotgun" or somesuch. (not image)

I just recently realized I could use the weapons from Alien: Ressurection to fill in the empty slots, but then the mod would be sorta one-sided...

peemonkey
September 13, 2004, 7:12 pm
i know, there's a bunch there. i ended up making a few guns up, because i couldnt find any :/ my M-4A1 remodeled to M-4A4 kicks ass and looks like it fits the genre. XD im done with it, but not releasing yet :P

EDIT:
ive ripped the images from the game, but it's nearly impossible to get them from recording. there's no way to pull them straight from the game without a proggy :/ anyone got a link to one? im not sure if i can use it :'(

damnnation
September 13, 2004, 7:15 pm
hey peemonkey when will the avp-mod be out??

confusedone
September 14, 2004, 5:07 am
So have I been forgotten?[8D]

I've redone most of the menu pics, now I'm working on getting the weapons-gfx down. grrr...it's kinda fustrating.

peemonkey
September 14, 2004, 5:16 am
it's easy after a couple dozen *unreleased* mods.
sorry damn, i've abandoned the vision mode progect and gotten rid of gostek. the actually soldaty AVP mod is damn near done, but i need sounds, ACTUAL SOUNDS!!! hook me up and ill give you creds when it's out ;)

BManx2000
September 14, 2004, 2:37 pm
Did you try my suggestion?

peemonkey
September 14, 2004, 7:21 pm
yep. apperently there's proggys FOR this game, but they dont work/dont work with demo(s)