( search forums )
mp3 playlist generator [updated!]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
chrisgbk
September 1, 2004, 10:57 pm
I didn't see anything like this on the forums, and thought it would be useful for everyone who has a lot of mp3 files they like to play in soldat, and don't like clicking and adding every single one in-game. Simply download the file below, stick it in your soldat directory, double click it and there you go. Note: This will overwrite your existing playlist.

Read below for the description of the (possible) error if you are curious as to changes

[file]mp3lister.zip,16526,,[/file]

BManx2000
September 2, 2004, 12:56 am
Whoa, the power of .bat files. I had no idea!

Ahhpple
September 2, 2004, 5:12 am
the only .bat file i got in my dir is the dedicated server. do you mean just the mp3list.txt?

Deleted User
September 2, 2004, 10:10 am
Cool, it works. Well done.

Weee! Download!

[file]mp3lister.zip,13211,,0[/file]

Vassili_Zaitsev
September 2, 2004, 10:51 am
maaaad
now i can listen to rammstein AND hammer the blue team!!
w00t!!

KnOt
September 2, 2004, 12:01 pm
I dont understand how it works.

Deleted User
September 2, 2004, 12:10 pm
KnOt: Extract the zip file I posted to your main soldat directory. Run the bat file, and it takes the filenames of every mp3 you have in your mp3 folder and writes them in the mp3list.txt file, so you don't have to add them all manually in the soldat options screen.

Unlucky 13
September 2, 2004, 12:11 pm
All it does is first finds out what OS you have, so it knows what to do, then finds all the files in your PC with .mp3 as an extention. Quite smart! I've been batcing for a bit, but never knew that could work! Well done and happy batching!

b00stA
September 2, 2004, 3:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
All it does is first finds out what OS you have, so it knows what to do, then finds all the files in your PC with .mp3 as an extention. Quite smart! I've been batcing for a bit, but never knew that could work! Well done and happy batching!

I didn't test it, but how I understand it.. it just writes a list of all MP3s that are placed in Soldat\mp3\ to mp3list.txt
it doesn't copy any MP3s..

If you have problems renaming the file (e.g. you rename it to blah.bat but it still appears as text/notepad..)
Open a windows explorer (Windows Key + E), Extras > Options > View > Disable "Hide file extensions of known file types"
that's how I remember it from english Windows 2000.. maybe someone else can help.
Damn you Microsoft. Causing people to create files like "note.txt.txt"

Deleted User
September 3, 2004, 12:54 am
You didn't have to tell everyone that...I added a download link...

KnOt
September 3, 2004, 11:44 pm
Oh I see now, I thought it did something more complicated than that.. but I like things simple, so this is great -_-

chrisgbk
September 5, 2004, 10:22 pm
i just thought of a possible problem, but unfortunately cannot check it as I dont have access to a 98/ME computer. The problem is this: I think under 98/ME the mp3 list that gets generated would be in short (8.3) file format ie: "some file.mp3" would show up as SOMEFI~1.MP3, and i dont think that soldat would properly understand this.

regardless of if anyone DOES have the problem, I have an updated version attached that WILL work

[file]mp3lister.zip,16526,,[/file]

Sprocket
September 11, 2004, 4:52 pm
i find it useless