( search forums )
Susiude?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Element_101
September 2, 2004, 10:32 am
I did a quick search and found nothing on this topic so im posting even though it would seem weird if no one had suggested it before.

Ok so heres my idea, susiude should minus your kills by one point as well. Simple I know but it would stop a lot of things such as people with M79s going susuidal so they can get there score high, and people killing them selfs when on low health.

Deleted User
September 2, 2004, 10:48 am
i agree
the suicides will lower and the player is trying to got himself killed by himself

Vassili_Zaitsev
September 2, 2004, 10:49 am
...yeeeeaaaahhh....i spose.
sure why not...it will stop that (even thoug i myself hav never seen an obvious suicide-kill attemt)
sounds logical

Deleted User
September 2, 2004, 10:57 am
but is it possible??
who must do it? michal? i think that hes busy enough right now

Unlucky 13
September 2, 2004, 11:46 am
Ok, good idea, should go with team kills and non-Rambo kills to stop laming

Yakirx
September 2, 2004, 11:51 am
Great Idea.
But when u kill ur self with ur own nade?
or u explode someone with m79\law ??
Is need to be if u kill urself with /kill will do to u minus 1 point.

SuperKill
September 2, 2004, 11:55 am
maybe you didnt search for SUICIDE ?
and this thing was active in previous versions, when you killed yourself you'd lose 2 points i think.

Hektik Sniper
September 2, 2004, 11:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
Ok, good idea, should go with team kills and non-Rambo kills to stop laming

It does that in some modes allready.

Element_101
September 2, 2004, 12:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
maybe you didnt search for SUICIDE ?
and this thing was active in previous versions, when you killed yourself you'd lose 2 points i think.

When I say quick search I mean it, I looked up and down the last couple of pages of ideas.

I said lose one point, two is to much.

blackdevil0742
September 2, 2004, 12:58 pm
This a good suggestion

kevith
September 2, 2004, 4:38 pm
SK's right, but I think you only lost 1 point for a suicide. I'm not sure exactly why it was changed, but I always thought it was a good idea to be penalized for a suicide.

edit: I just checked the version history and the -1 point for a suicide was taken away when 1.1.4 came out.
"- Changed points and team score doesn't decrease from self kills"

edit #2:: I found an old archived topic from last December about this exact idea: Suicide = -1.

There are some really good points made (mostly about why you shouldn't get -1 point for a suicide) but I still like the -1 for most game modes (like ctf, inf, DM) while it could be bad when your teams score depends on the points of your teammates (TDM).

Melba
September 2, 2004, 5:54 pm
if this was implented, the nade bug would have to die!

DT
September 3, 2004, 3:29 pm
yea...[8]

frogboy
September 3, 2004, 11:56 pm
Server-side option? I know it's annoying, but some servers (like n00bface's old one, and the selfkill ones) crash when someone /kills... A 'punishment' would stop people from doing it accidentally without knowing.