( search forums )
New map - ctf_Climb!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Sam
September 2, 2004, 4:30 pm
Ive just made this small ctf map, it includes waypoints for the blue team, but i couldne manage to do them for the red team, I tried, but it wanst happening. I think it looks good, positive views welcome :P.

[file]CTF_Climb_Screenshot.jpg,16458,My_Maps,[/file]

[file]CTF_Climb_Map.zip,16458,My_Maps,[/file]

n/a
September 2, 2004, 4:50 pm
Hmm, could actually be an interesting map to play.

Maybe you should add some extra polygons/obstacles in the tunnels (or an extra tunnel in the tunnel) near the red/blue base cause it seems quite easy to defend the flag, especially with a barret(t) in your hand..

N1nj@
September 2, 2004, 5:08 pm
the blue team would have a advantage...

n/a
September 2, 2004, 5:30 pm
Hmm, but the blue team will have a disadvantage to bring the red flag to their base, ain't it, ninja ? That matches it, i think...

CHE_guevara
September 2, 2004, 5:34 pm
Nice map...But I Think that the Blue Team will have Troubles while playing this map......

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 2, 2004, 5:54 pm
Blue team has the advantage. They can fly down and get headshots all the way down until they get the red flag. Since blue is flying up and away they get headshots on all the chasers too...even if red is above the blue flagger...there will be blue reinforements whom can flank the red...rar if that made any sense to you.

Either way, slight balance issues and the shadding isn't as good as your first map. Map seems "angular"

The Geologist
September 2, 2004, 6:11 pm
I agree...a little too angular. Maybe adding a few more polys to some of those tunnels could help get rid of the problem while making things a little less barret friendly. I forsee sh*t tons of camping all over this map, which could be annoying if balance is already an issue. Currently DLing..we'll see how it plays.

Edit: After downloading and playing on both teams, I do feel the map is unbalancd. The top stat gun is really close to the flag and covers many positions, while for the red their stat gun is very limited. The angular layout didn't bother me as much in game however. A decent map, all in all.

Soulsnipa
September 2, 2004, 6:33 pm
dont just shade the outside of the map, get the inside parts too. Too many spot where its not rounded. Fix them, and it would look nice. The gameplay...idono how well it is for a ctf.

enjoyincubus
September 2, 2004, 10:37 pm
I counted 37 polygons.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 2, 2004, 11:59 pm
I'll say it looks pretty good with less then 40 polygons.....my maps are usually over 500 (Better quality of course)...

Spectral
September 3, 2004, 3:09 am
at first glance, it does seem blue would win, though I'd still be quite interested in trying it.

Sam
September 3, 2004, 6:05 pm
Maybe it is a bit friendly towards the blue team, but that could be balenced with a bot or 2. For all of you complaining about non-existant rounding, this map is measnt to look triangular.

But thanks for all positive feed-back :P.

peemonkey
September 3, 2004, 6:39 pm
well actually it cant be balanced with bots, cuz there's no waypoints for red ;D

Sam
September 3, 2004, 9:59 pm
oh yes, well if one of you get off your lazy butts and make some waypoints then it could be balenced with bots :P

KnOt
September 3, 2004, 11:51 pm
Neither the blue team, nor the red team have an advantage.. it seems perdy balanced to me, considering you decide which path you choose.

Unlucky 13
September 4, 2004, 6:14 am
It is a little unbalanced if the blue team are getting the flag or red is returning to base, rolling would give too much advantage. Good map