( search forums )
Chatting in game
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
eagleclaw364
September 2, 2004, 9:19 pm
when you chat with t button make it so it goes over two lines if its a big message because when it gets cut off it's real annoying =[

Elephant_Hunter
September 2, 2004, 9:58 pm
Good idea, or what about a box that pops up when you want to chat something so you know the max size.

MJPZX2
September 2, 2004, 10:36 pm
yeh this is a real great idea if it hasnt been mentioned before. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to implement yet would be so damn useful.
Either have a max limit so it stops you typing after it knows it will be longer than one line. Or as eagle says just make the message continue on a 2nd line. Personally i think the first one as the 2nd would just be a n00b spammers heaven. Then again theres always the kick/ban

eagleclaw364
September 2, 2004, 10:39 pm
mwahhaaha kick ban :P

anyhooo i think elephant wotisname's idea was good with the textbox because that would eliminate being unable to see a players number when youre trying to kick them. :P unless the text box covered it up... damn numbers =/

Spectral
September 3, 2004, 3:03 am
aye text box, tis a great idea. it should be semi-transparant and still at the bottom of the screen

Jack2
September 3, 2004, 10:27 am
I support! Great idea! It really helps chatting! Also for teamsay whould be good this. and the box should be semi-transparant, like spectral said. 2 text lines are also good.

DeMonIc
September 3, 2004, 12:56 pm
/me concurs like totally!

Kazuki
September 3, 2004, 1:52 pm
Yeah it's a pretty good idea. I've had a couple of times where I tried to type something and it got cut off. The thing is though, that if you chat that much, you're not playing much :P The only exception is a clanwar. Anyway, it's still a pretty good idea. :)

eagleclaw364
September 3, 2004, 1:58 pm
but say youre the admin... then you might need to type a long message saying blah blah blah and then you get cut off and it sucks and everyone's like WTF? and so on and so forth : D

Jack2
September 4, 2004, 12:44 pm
Another good thing for chatting whould be, that when a player is writing a message during a match etc, an chatting icon whould appear over his head, then it whould be possible to make servers which rules are like: Dont shoot players who are chatting during game. I took this idea from Quake 3 Arena. srry if i didnt stay on topic. Both ideas whould be great.

[IMAGE]

kevith
September 4, 2004, 3:30 pm
I like the idea. To respond to Jack2's talking icon thing though, I kill people who are chatting all the time. They're playing Soldat, not IRC. Whenever I chat I figure I'll die anyway... that's why you have taunts. ;)

eagleclaw364
September 4, 2004, 8:19 pm
yeah soldat is for killing not chatting lol the text box idea is best cause then you can see. And maybe make there an option in the escape menu that says console which pops up in a text box too =]

sevin.
September 4, 2004, 8:52 pm
the idea sounds good but there is one problem especially if u spam it. if it shows all the lines it could block things on the screen prevent ppl from reading another messages. u could have something like a button for reading the rest of the lines. also the whole message shouldn't appear above ur head or it would also block part of the screen. something else that bothered me was that if u r in predator mode ppl shouldn't see ur message above ur head or else everyone would know where u were. n the ur enemy's team shouldn't be able to see ur team messages above ur head.