( search forums )
Minigun sounds
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Anna
September 3, 2004, 12:51 am
My mod includes a replacement for the minigun. While testing the sound I noticed that when you're out of ammo but continue to hold down the fire button it makes no sound. Once you let go, the minigun-end sound plays. The silence->winding down sounds really odd. There is also a minigun-empty.wav in the Sfx folder but it's never played; I suspect this is the sound that seems to be missing. What's up with this?

peemonkey
September 3, 2004, 1:39 am
there's alot of unused files in soldat, and this is just one of them. im not sure why there's no empty sound, and im also clueless as to why there's not chainsaw startup and chainsaw idle sounds. there should be, it'd sound more authentic.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 3, 2004, 10:45 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
and im also clueless as to why there's not chainsaw startup and chainsaw idle sounds. there should be, it'd sound more authentic.

There are startup , idle , relaod and fire(use) sounds for the chainsaw.

Unlucky 13
September 3, 2004, 11:15 am
chainsaw-d is Draw, chainsaw-o is idle, chainsaw-r is attack, and chainsaw-m is startup?

peemonkey
September 3, 2004, 11:49 am
i only saw 3 files, one was hiding near ruger-fire.wav :(

Anna
September 3, 2004, 7:26 pm
If there's nothing I can do about it I guess I can live with it. The chainsaw is also giving me trouble because the sounds are a little awkward to work with, but oh well :P Also, a graphic for when the chainsaw is idle would make it more versatile for modding, IMO... maybe I should take these to the suggestions forum. :)