( search forums )
Idea - perks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
September 5, 2004, 3:10 pm
Hello thar forum people.
Another Demonic idea to read for you.

It's simple: everyone can choose his perk in the player menu, and it affects his game if perks are allowed by the server.No changing in-game.
Each perk gives you advantage and disadvantage.

-Eye-implants
All of your bullets (xcept M79) go straight towards the crosshair, and curve is eliminated: but when they reach they're range, poof: they are gone.
You only see things in front of you.(like in realistic.)

-Berserker
Your damage is increased by half the amount of health you lost.
eg. if you are on 10% health, you do 45% more damage.
Bad thing is, you have no grenades.

-Vampyre
You do damage, you gain health.Plain and simple.Oh, and you don't have a secondary.

-Telekinetic
Oh yes, if you keep your crosshair over a medpack/nadepack/bonus for 2 seconds, you pick it up.Also, if you keep your crosshair over the flag or a soldier for 3 seconds, you can move him/it with your crosshair until you don't bump it into something.
You take fall damage.

-Deadly Virus
Bad news: you got 60 seconds, and poof you die.
Good news: if someone is close to you, he will catch it, and will die of the virus when you would.

-Ghost
Hey, you're invisible because you're dead!Bad thing is, if you take ANY damage, you die.

-Quickling
You're 50% faster.But you can only use 2 secondaries.(which are not the same.You can't pick up primarys.)

-Tank
2 primaries.Bulletproof vest.75% slowdown.

-Regeneration
You slowly heal your wounds.
Feedback is you take 10% more damage.

-Fast shot
10% increased attack speed: 50% decreased jet fuel.

-Extended ammo storeage
You get +50% more bullets for your clip, but your reload is slowed by 10%.

-Martial Artist
Your hands are as lethal as any gun.Upon close range, your fists do 50% damage of a knife, and your Jet fuel also causes damage.
You get -25% ammo.

-Chainsaw champion
Oh yes!50 chainsaw clip, extra fast reload, and you can smash bullets so they do 50% less damage to you on impact!

frogboy
September 5, 2004, 3:15 pm
I think it would destroy the simplicity of Soldat even more than the Weapons Editor.

LazehBoi
September 5, 2004, 3:15 pm
Oooh, extended ammo and stuff, I like most of these, and they're good ideas, but I doubt they're going to be put in. =(

MJPZX2
September 5, 2004, 3:22 pm
kinda like it. After all bonuses are not on many servers. But when they are in it's quite fun. It wouldnt change soldat except for on the few servers that use it.

wunderbear
September 5, 2004, 3:57 pm
very good ideas. Makes you think about what you're going to do.
"shall i become faster and weaker, or slower and stronger?"
For once, an original and quite good idea. Better than all the "Ban barret users, they're smacktard N00bs" i see.

[:D]

Jaz
September 5, 2004, 4:00 pm
You must have put alot of thought into these idea's and I think there very imaginative and smart. But no chance in soldat.

Liber_Lupus
September 5, 2004, 4:02 pm
No. Soldat is just a simple 2d shooter...cant you let it be as simple it is now?

Sekushi
September 5, 2004, 4:29 pm
Frogboy said it. Leave it be.

AerialAssault
September 5, 2004, 5:10 pm
i think we need vehicles

SERIAL KILLeR
September 5, 2004, 5:10 pm
Sounds nice but to complicated...

DeMonIc
September 5, 2004, 5:28 pm
1.Server side...does THAT ring a bell any1?If you're an arcade purist, then you turn it off, or play on servers that don't have it on.
2.AA that was pretty pointless.

palloco
September 5, 2004, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc

-Chainsaw champion
Oh yes!50 chainsaw clip, extra fast reload, and you can smash bullets so they do 50% less damage to you on impact!

Brilliant[8D]

papasurf31
September 5, 2004, 5:41 pm
"-Deadly Virus
Good news: if someone is close to you, he will catch it, and will die of the virus when you would."

The new barret.

Deleted User
September 5, 2004, 5:41 pm
Good ideas...
I like the ghost idea [;)]

DeMonIc
September 5, 2004, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
"-Deadly Virus
Good news: if someone is close to you, he will catch it, and will die of the virus when you would."

The new barret.

Close as in 2 chainsaw ranges.Try and get THAT close to someone.

Deleted User
September 5, 2004, 6:20 pm
I kinda like the idea...but I'd rather it was a mod than a permenant soldat thing.

*notes down the idea of making character perks with the weapons editor*

Kazuki
September 5, 2004, 6:46 pm
A complete mod would be really cool with this idea. The ideas you have are very well balanced. Kudos. :) As of right now, I don't think it's possible, but maybe in a later version, when Soldat is more developed. We'll see.

Arsenic
September 5, 2004, 9:14 pm
Sounds like someone's been playing Crimsonland. [;)] Anyway, interesting ideas, but will over complicate things. Might make a good mod later on.

brickman
September 5, 2004, 9:23 pm
I don't know, if everyone has one then do they really ALL need a disadvantage? How about just the ones that are more powerful have downsides, like ghost or regen. Also, the dis's are often too strong: instant death for a ghost? Eye mod means you can't see guys behind you? And why is the penalty for regen more damage? How about not being allowed to touch the enemy flag (after all, if not then they would be way too useful in those situations where each team has the opponent's flag in their base).
Also, the vvirus is stupid, double stupid if you can't switch them.

peemonkey
September 5, 2004, 9:29 pm
i really really really like the balance of your idea! it should be a mod, if there could be mods. this is pretty damn good, but howabout you have a button where it changes each spawn, for those of us who like variety ;D

really [:-censored]ing good idea, but more liekly than not, wont be implemented. damn fine ideas, well balance.

Transit
September 5, 2004, 9:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc

-Extended ammo storeage
You get +50% more bullets for your clip, but your reload is slowed by 10%.

How would this work for m79?

Cheers,
Tran$it

papasurf31
September 5, 2004, 9:55 pm
I get killed by chainsaw a lot. Now your just making it easier for them. Most chainsawers don't live for more than minute anyways, if the server is medium sized. If you could pass it on to someone else...so that you no longer have the virus: now THERE'S a good idea.

Your percentages are bit too high. Making the changes a bit more minute would be better. This way, Soldat still relies heavily on your personal skill level, as opposed to what power-up you choose.

Cookie.
September 6, 2004, 12:07 am
awesome idea

"*notes down the idea of making character perks with the weapons editor*"
even better idea

i would love to see that in soldat im with it 110% ^__^

Kazuki
September 6, 2004, 2:16 am
Transit - It wouldn't, so why choose it?

BManx2000
September 6, 2004, 3:06 am
My left brain tells me that I should say this idea sucks, but my right brain tells me this idea rules. My right brain beats up my left brain.

This idea rules!

Shyo
September 6, 2004, 3:21 am

-Eye-implants
All of your bullets (xcept M79) go straight towards the crosshair, and curve is eliminated: but when they reach they're range, poof: they are gone.
You only see things in front of you.(like in realistic.)

Minigun defense, anyone?

Transit
September 6, 2004, 3:25 am
KAZUKI: heh, the m79 is my main weapon, i'd like to see it work, perhaps he wasn't thinking about the m79 when he wrote down that perk. Anyways, maybe just add another bullet, i dunno, but i don't like the idea of weapon specific perks.

Cheers,
Tran$it

Meandor
September 6, 2004, 1:52 pm
I had posted something similar sometime ago.. the difference was that each perk has a value and your total perks value has to be 0 (for instance, two lvl 1 perks and a lvl-2)
Characteristics

lvl2
Tank - can replace secondary with a primary of choice
Medic!v2 - regenerates 100% health in 1 minute unless shooting/reloading (progressively)
Aim of God - all shots count as headshots
Eagle Sight - can see 20% further (like the barret scope)
Unstoppable! - 20% more life
Athlet - runs 15% faster than normal and 15% higher jumps
Swiss Knife - can carry one more secondary at choice
lvl1
Explosives Fanatic - starts out with one more grenade (if allowed by server settings), can throw them 5% further than normal
Reload Master - reload is 15% faster
Healthy - 10% more life
Runner - Runs 10% faster than normal
Chainsaw Fetish - is able to throw chainsaw, doesn't need to reload it.
Medic! - regenerates 100% health in 2 minutes unless shooting/reloading (progressively)
Fuel - jetpack lasts 20% more

lvl-1
I don't need nades - starts out with one less grenade (if allowed by server settings), can throw them 5% less than normal
Reload Impaired - reload is 15% slower
Drugs Addict - 10% less life
Crippled - Runs 10% slower than normal
Damaged jet - jetpack lasts 20% less
lvl-2
Weakling - can only carry two secondaries instead of primary+secondary
Bleeding - Loses 50% health automatically in a minute (progressively)
Drunk - all shots count as legshots
Myopic - can see 20% less
I sold my organs - 20% less life
Smoker - runs 15% slower than normal and 15% lower jumps
Bad memory - Doesn't take secondary

DeMonIc
September 6, 2004, 3:23 pm
Yes, I know about that post Meandor, but seeing as that thread died...well I started this one.

GluLm
September 6, 2004, 3:33 pm
I liked the ideas of the Berserker and the Martial Artist,
but the rest is just too complicated or incompatible with the Soldat gameplay.
Your ideas are probably unbalanced compared to Meandor's.
Good imagination though, hehehe. :)

Kazuki
September 6, 2004, 8:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Transit
KAZUKI: heh, the m79 is my main weapon, i'd like to see it work, perhaps he wasn't thinking about the m79 when he wrote down that perk. Anyways, maybe just add another bullet, i dunno, but i don't like the idea of weapon specific perks.

Here's the thing. There are perks that favor certain weapons, it's just that the specific perk you pointed out didn't favor the M79.

Spectral
September 6, 2004, 8:24 pm
Oh I simply love this idea. But I would only support it if were as a mod of soldat, leaving the current simple gameplay available.

Kazuki
September 7, 2004, 3:39 am
Yeah, that's why a lot of people want to be able to make complete mods for Soldat, but that would require Michal to release part of the code, wouldn't it? =\ I don't understand crap. Hee. ^_^

Spectral
September 7, 2004, 4:28 am
yes it would. michal probably can't add this much [:-censored] by himself

rain_fin
September 7, 2004, 1:13 pm
This is like Crimsonland now? <-- It is a game!

DeMonIc
September 7, 2004, 3:42 pm
Yes, I been playing too much Crimsonland, but I'm rather a fan of Fallout 1-2, where Crimsonland got the perk idea.So poof :D

Emperor
September 9, 2004, 3:33 am
like your ideas

DT
September 10, 2004, 4:01 pm
I like the Martial Artist but hand attack speed would have to higher and range of your fists to... i would rule at that.... HIYA!!!
but of course this would mess up soldat...

BManx2000
September 10, 2004, 10:44 pm
As a game mode, it would be fine.

Kazuki
September 11, 2004, 12:14 am
As a mod, it would be better.

Transit
September 11, 2004, 1:01 am
Kaz, i pointed out a perk that would not only not favor the m79, but wouldn't work for it. It was my mistake, I just like the idea of that certain perk. Stupid me, only liking what I like. Overall, I'm with spec, good for a mod.

Cheers,
Transit

Kazuki
September 11, 2004, 1:56 am
Well, I was talking considering that people can choose from any of those perks. There are some perks that don't work for other weapons as well, like the barret. Even if you do have more ammo, it wouldnt make a difference, really. :)