( search forums )
Need your ideas.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
M
September 5, 2004, 10:51 pm
Hey guys.
I am working on a new war game where you play on a modern war with USA against some terrorist group formed by some East country (Definetly not Russia). And then you go on mission to prevent this terrorists which have spread around islands and land.
This game will be like Joint Operations or Battlefield Vietnam but it will focus on Single Player missions. I also plan to add multiplayer but since i can't understand multiplayer good i am not include multiplayer gaming.
I have some sprites created for units, tanks, truck and a troop transport boat. I still have alot to work on.
Also if you want to know waht this game will include here is a small list of feautures.

*Vehicles from Jeeps to Ships. Or to be simpler: Jeeps, Trucks, Tanks, Planes, Helicopters and Ships.
*Some wide terrains on which you can go on.
*Both Base Assault and Base Defendng missions.
*Some good AI that will base on helping you suceed. They will both be controled by troops and vehicles.
*Also there will be scripted Airdrops or grounddrops. Also reinforcments and chat.

If there is multiplayer here is what will have.

*Own free account for playing. (Maybe statistics will be included)
*News for everything going around in the game. I will make it like integrated with the game.
*Forum for matches aranging and stuffs.
*Host your own server and join others.
*Up to 16 players on a server.
And other stuffs.

I still ahvent figured out a name for this game but the first name was
World War X.

Plz post your ideas about the game and also your name ideas.
Also your name may be included in special thanks in the manual of the game.

I still don't have nothing to show but if i do a level in the next day i will post some screenshots.

Tha Doggfather
September 5, 2004, 11:27 pm
is gonna top doom 3 graphics wise?

Kazuki
September 5, 2004, 11:47 pm
Wow, M, sounds real nice. :) I think what you have should be enough for a beta at least. I can't really suggest anything straight from the top of my head, but good luck anyway.

peemonkey
September 5, 2004, 11:47 pm
i'd suggest a flamethrower. not enough games have them, and the ones that do arent realistic. it it gonna be 2d or 3d? or howadout 1d? XD...rofl...xd...

EDIT: Title ought be "Operation: M"

EDIT 2:
god damn it arial, stop with the useless posts
|
\/

AerialAssault
September 6, 2004, 2:25 am
1D....YES.

BManx2000
September 6, 2004, 2:59 am
Or 0D... All there would be is one pixel XD

peemonkey
September 6, 2004, 3:01 am
1 demensions is nothingness. no pixels, no concept of pixels, no concpt, nothing. perhaps even nothing is too much.

leo, i wont flame you if you edit your post and give some suggestions to our good friend M here, or just delete your post. if not, ill be forced to make 82 useless posts below yours FLAMING your ass, savvy?
||
||
\/

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 6, 2004, 7:42 am
how about 25D? One for every possible outcome of the game muahahaha, 25 scenerios to attend to at once....OMG NOS Teh Terrorists have won at Dimension 13!!!oneone1! (Don't flame me guys, I'm bored as hell over here, plus its hot)

Weed
September 6, 2004, 8:43 am
i got an idea for you:
drop dead.

Unlucky 13
September 6, 2004, 10:08 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
1 demensions is nothingness. no pixels, no concept of pixels, no concpt, nothing. perhaps even nothing is too much.

Well one dimention IS something! think. one pixel going left or right only. errr, boring.... But sounds good M! Name, maybe "War of the West" i donno, dont care the name.

Element_101
September 6, 2004, 10:42 am
To be honest I think wars, any kind of wars have been worked to death. I think its time to try something new.

Id really love to see someone do a RPG were you actaully have control over your guy, not like D&D rules set. For example in Never Winter Nights you cant actallu move your options are controled by clicking on the target what I mean is you move around with the arrow keys and you use magic etc.. all in real time and all with the ability to move around and dodge attacks etc..

I guess you could say a RPG with out sastictics, sorry im babling Il shut up now but just an idea I thought someone should try.

Deleted User
September 6, 2004, 10:53 am
it sounds very cool to me :)
post some screenshots of what you have now

Melba
September 6, 2004, 2:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather

*actuallyrollingonthefloorlaughingnotjusttypingittomakemelookcool!*

Weed
September 6, 2004, 3:50 pm
hmmmm
could he still drop dead?

Deleted User
September 6, 2004, 4:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather

Sure. The graphics will be all interMface style.

Anyways M... Don't except me to play it as action games are boring me to death.

M
September 6, 2004, 4:25 pm
What the...
No Weed i can't drop death. But i can smoke you. I never tried Weed.

Btw: I saw all that *Useless* 4D 2D 1D 0D posts or even 25D. For you information ti will be 2D. 3D sucks balls in GM so this oen will be better.

I was thinking of doing RPG game but it never worked out for me. Maybe in the future you will see a RPG game by me.

If i make most of the graphics and make something for looking i will post it here.

And also maybe the multiplayer part will be. I have posted a request on the GM board to hire someone with lots of MP coding expirience. If he does the job he will be receave a payment.

BManx2000
September 6, 2004, 4:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey

Fool, one dimension is a line :P
3 Dimensions is length, width and height.
2 dimensions is length and width.
1 Dimension is just length, hence an infinitely thin line (which would be represented by a one pixel thick line).
0 Dimensions is a single point of no size (which would be represented by one pixel).

YES THIS POST IS USELESS

wormdundee
September 6, 2004, 4:56 pm
you wouldnt be able to see the single line though, as it has no thickness, same for the 0 dimensions thing.

Deleted User
September 6, 2004, 7:54 pm
i want screenshots!! :D

Deleted User
September 6, 2004, 7:59 pm
By the way. If you make it "USA vs. Some random poor country" it will most probably suck.

Deleted User
September 6, 2004, 8:07 pm
why does it suck then??

palloco
September 6, 2004, 8:16 pm
Damn M, be realistic. US does not fight terrorists, US fight whoever they can.
The history would be more suitable in a soon time, where the new powers (since you talk about islands I will say New Zealand, but it could be also China, Canada, Japan, Micronesia(or Macronesia as I called my nationin one game(wooo 3 parenthesis)) or any other pacific nation). In these nations humans have enough technology to get resources from the deepest surfaces in the ocean and whoever controls the islands and submarine colonies will control world's wealth. After the declaration of war of New Zealand over the Federated States of Micronesia US had no choice than declare vendetta on New Zealand due to ruining the territories that US is reabsorbing.
In this scenary Submarine units will be the most powerful units (had you seen Seaquest?), stealth will be an option for units and there will be planes that could fly and also submerge either to evade other airplanes or to attack submarines.

If you dont like the future then lets say US attacked Micronesia because they wanted complete independence from US and they did not allowed it and attacked them.

Mmmm hovercrafts!

peemonkey
September 6, 2004, 9:36 pm
i wanna see americans kill americans for a change. have it be like, you and yer group gotta steal some weapons caches and take over some places, wtc, while the governmten trys to stop you, but other countreys join you. XD

M
September 6, 2004, 9:39 pm
Well nice ideas but i will see what i will do.
THe story is still in creation.

Michal
September 6, 2004, 9:40 pm
This sounds like a great game, I made a crappy artist's rendition of an in-game scene, it took me about 15 minutes [:D]. (background gfx and people are stolen off Crimsonland, other stuff from random google image searches)
[IMAGE]

It should have a set view distance range for each soldier type example: medic-short range, sniper-long range, machinegunner-medium range. And it should be so that you can only see in the direction you are facing (like soldat realistic, except it is from top view.)
Those are just my ideas, you are free to use them if you want. I would really like to play this game, it would be a one-of-a-kind top view tactical shooter [:P].

peemonkey
September 6, 2004, 10:01 pm
pretty....

Kazuki
September 7, 2004, 3:53 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Fool, one dimension is a line :P
3 Dimensions is length, width and height.

Well, for one, it wouldn't be a visible line, because visibility requires width as well. It would be purely a line of measurement. Secondly, a 3-Dimensional object is measured using length, width, and depth. :)

As for a title, I was thinking something like "Variable M," if you wanted to leave a mark. If not, then the name you had in mind, "World War X," sounds pretty cool to me. Once again, good luck.

Edit: Do you mean, 2-D as in, bird's eye view, or 2-D side view?

Weed
September 7, 2004, 6:55 am
hmm, how bout you stop giving ideas to the guy who is selling all his ugly ass games in a disc for 12$ each... you give him ideas, he gets money.

therefore, i think he should drop dead.

Element_101
September 7, 2004, 9:23 am
Ok man just an idea.

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 11:14 am
Guys, do you have to spam/flame? I think that this idea of Ms has potential.

M: I think you should work on an RPG style game. I know you said you had trouble with it, but if you work through the trouble it'll be great [:)]

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 1:59 pm
post screenshots
i wanna know how my next favoryte game (after soldat ofcoure) looks like :)

Kazuki
September 7, 2004, 2:00 pm
Yeah, I'd really love an RPG game for once, to play with some of the people I know. At least, I hope that some of the people from the forums would play. <_< Anyway, would it really cost anything? I wouldn't mind, but would I have to send through PayPal?

M
September 7, 2004, 4:15 pm
Weed. SHUT THE [:-censored] UP. If you are so pissed at me then don't post on my threads. Just ignore them like i don't even exist.

Kazuki: The game will be freeware. So don't worry.

roe: Stop about screenshots guys pls. I will send when i have some graphics ready and make a map. Now if i picture someting you will only see a USA soldier and a grey background.

Michal: It is not possible to have view ranges like that. All will have a one fix range. And also the units will be: Soldiers, Medics and Engineers. The soldiers will have three diferent fire powers. They will be a LAW launcher, M16 and a Ruger like the one in Soldat

Stalky: This game will not be RPG. I may make an RPG game in the future but i am not sure.

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 4:20 pm
Ruger? Soldiers using a hunting rifle? :O

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 4:50 pm
sry for all those posts where i ask for screenshots :)
i wont ask it again :)

Toumaz
September 7, 2004, 4:50 pm
/|
| LOL!

Actually it is possible to have view ranges like that, but it need some 1337 Toumaz programming... XD
I can help you with some coding if you want, M.

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 5:33 pm
M, i think you sould accept his offer
he made Recryt <-- a very nice game :)

bucky_brad
September 7, 2004, 5:44 pm
err... dont use GM, it sucks balls.

Try learning some C++ or use flash action script.

Toumaz
September 7, 2004, 5:55 pm
And NEVER EVER try using Q-Basic or something like that. Sux even worse.

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 5:59 pm
But its easier to learn other programming languages after learning something easy like q-basic first.

b00stA
September 7, 2004, 6:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Toumaz
And NEVER EVER try using Q-Basic or something like that. Sux even worse.

QBasic was a very nice introduction to programming.. at least for me.
Of course, today it's not exactly the standard :)

M
September 7, 2004, 7:02 pm
Toumaz: I saw your game Rekryt and i am very impressed with that game. GJ. I may ask you for help if i need some thnx.

To all. I will use GM because i know it very well. I know a way that you can speed up the game. I hope it will work. I will learn C++ the next year in school i think.

Ville MK2: Well this one will be esspecialy made for soldiers.

Deleted User
September 7, 2004, 7:09 pm
does the player look from above (recryt) of from beside (soldat)??

M
September 7, 2004, 8:41 pm
Above.

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 3:01 pm
ok
damn...i cant wait to play :D

M
September 8, 2004, 3:37 pm
You have to wait for a month dude.

Btw: Here is a screenshot.

[file]ScreenShot.gif,302,,0[/file]

If you get a little confused this picture of the game is in early production.
You can see the USA soldier and a tank AI. They USa soldier just followed some waypoints and stoped. THe tank has another waypoint to follow and he will stop also. The red thingy is a waypoint. HTye will not show in the original game.

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 4:30 pm
already looks good :)
and now i have to wait a month...:(
:D

M
September 8, 2004, 6:30 pm
Thnx.

Well if i rellease this game now you will only see those two moving.
I still haven't done anything of the story line, and i havent figured out a name for this game yet. And msotly i havent started the major coding of the game and i have only one level. I can tell you what i have done everyday.
Btw: Here is a list of all the vehicles or other war things that may appear in the game. Those who are underlined are alrady done.

*USA
-Ground:
Soldier
Assaukt Jeep
Truck
MBP Transport vehicle
Light Tank
Heavy Tank

--Buildings
Defence Towers
Anti Air Gun
Long Ranges Mortar Gun

-Air:
Assault Helicopter
Tranposrt Helicopter
Assault Plane

-Sea:
Short Distances Transport Boat
Gunship
Plane Carrier

*Contraction
-Ground
Soldier
Assaukt Jeep
Truck
MBP Transport vehicle
Light Tank
Heavy Tank

--Buildings
Beach Defense Towers
Defense Towers
Anti Air Gun
Long Ranges Mortar Gun

-Air:
Assault Helicopter
Tranposrt Helicopter
Assault Plane

-Sea
None yet

This list may get even populated or maybe some stuffs can get deleted. If you have vehicles ideas please share them with me.

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 7:03 pm
wow [:-hspin]

i see you have still have a lot of work to do...
but i think its worth the waiting [:-bonc01]

M
September 8, 2004, 9:29 pm
Hey guys i made a 1337 Contraction Tranpsort Helicopter both landed and flying. When flying it looks a little wierd but maybe you will leave with it. I will post a screenshot tommorow after school.

*Damn school.* :((

Btw: Today i had more time because it was independence day. Woot. :)

Long live FYRO Macedonia

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 3:20 pm
good to hear

Melba
September 9, 2004, 5:03 pm
My Eyes!!!

M
September 9, 2004, 6:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Melba
My Eyes!!!

What is with your eyes?

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 6:10 pm
I think its that ugly flag or your games graphics. Not sure.

DeMonIc
September 9, 2004, 6:46 pm
I think it's your name :)
Games lookin nice, BUT soldat is unbeatable Mr.Mnson.

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 7:25 pm
haha :)
hes right about that :P

M
September 9, 2004, 8:50 pm
Ville: If there was a patriot Macedonian in here he will hunt you to your end of your life for saying that.

blackdevil0742
September 9, 2004, 9:25 pm
The game sounds promesing Mr/Mrs. M

M
September 10, 2004, 9:18 am
Yep it does :D

Unlucky 13
September 10, 2004, 9:34 am
I WANT M GAME NOW!

M
September 10, 2004, 11:48 am
WAIT FOR A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111374623147231491234123749192734923472317984912374923194912384

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 3:36 pm
ghehe :P
just huppy up! :)

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 4:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by M
Ville: If there was a patriot Macedonian in here he will hunt you to your end of your life for saying that.

Try to make some proper sense. Please.

M
September 10, 2004, 4:37 pm
Ville. YOU ARE [:-censored]ING INSULTING MY COUNTRY FLAG. YOU CANT SAY THAT A COUNTRY'S FLAG IS UGLY.

How this would be.

[IMAGE]

OMFG THIS FLAG IS SO UGLY THAT IT BEATS THE UGLY REWARD.

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 5:19 pm
Weee double post.

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 5:28 pm
You win the capslock award! Yay.

Anyways your flag is not really ugly. Only the version you linked to is.

Good version:
[IMAGE]

Sucky version:
[IMAGE]

Can you see the difference? Btw M i wouldn't [:-censored] in my pants (like you did) if someone said flag of finland is ugly.

Shyo
September 10, 2004, 5:55 pm
DOUBLE POST! BANNINATE!
*ehem*

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 7:54 pm
The forums were fuksing up and didn't show my post. :/ So i posted again.

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 8:01 pm
doesnt matter man

M
September 10, 2004, 10:16 pm
Ok now.

M
September 13, 2004, 6:15 pm
Hey guys. I ahve some news.

I started making the first map and i am only 10% done of this map. I also made some new graphics.

Btw: I also plan to make a sellable version.

There will be a freeware version don't worry but there will be another "Special Edition" whcih will be more extended and with more other stuffs. This oen will be sold for like 6$. THe money will be payed through PayPal maybe and the CD will be send through your Mail.
This Special Edition CD will come into a DVD case with a case picture, booklet and a CD picture. I still haven't figured out what to put in the Special Edition but i hope that i may make it. And also all CD's will have diferent CD-Keys which only can be used for your copy.

Deleted User
October 20, 2004, 7:34 pm
month is over...how ist going?

3rd_account
October 22, 2004, 1:06 pm
You want a tip? Don't do a lie-ass cliché where usa are the good guys. That just tell's right away that the game isn't any good.

DT
October 22, 2004, 6:44 pm
heh soviets good guys... yea right...
anyways good luck on your project M
wait.... WHERE IS HE!!!

Deleted User
October 22, 2004, 6:47 pm
i dont know [:(]

Deleted User
October 22, 2004, 8:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_account
You want a tip? Don't do a lie-ass cliché where usa are the good guys. That just tell's right away that the game isn't any good.

how bout no usa at all for a change? go for two warring african countries or something different like that.

Melba
October 22, 2004, 10:40 pm
broken_gerbil resize your images before using them as avatar... its [:-censored]ing annoying not seeing what it is.