( search forums )
Ideas about gameplay, options and layout display.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
GluLm
September 6, 2004, 3:16 pm
I tried to explain this to Michal several months ago, but I had to make this demo to show precisely what I meant.
Since version 1.1.5, the way you die in the air (the movement of the corpse) is not as smooth as in the previous version. I don't think it's a very bad thing, but I still wonder if this modification was intentional or not.
Demo: [file]demo_death-movement.zip,7836,,0[/file]

Older ideas:

Other suggestions I wanted to make several months ago that I never did until then. If some have been suggested before, just live with it and don't complain because I won't care about little kids who whine about such futile things. Here we go. I thought about:

-An option to disable "double kill" "triple kill" messages, and so on... It's annoying to see it all the time.
A simple "you killed xxx" is ok so far.

-More time for the chainsaw. I think it is NOW a weapon that is too weak because of its small amount of ammo.
I suggest setting ammo to 50 or even better:
set the fire interval time to a lower rate!

-Once again: more options to set what appears on the screen, and especially how it appears.
For instance "you killed xxx": to be able to choose the size of the font and how long will it last on screen.
Same goes for "double kill" etc.
More settings for this kind of messages would be a good improvement.

-In Realistic mode: why not allow reloading only while crouching or standing without moving?
It would add more tactical aspect, maybe?

-An option to disable explosive arrows, as something set by a server administrator.. I noticed that some players (and admins) don't like them while playing realistic mode.

-Keep all players' scores (kills and deaths) after the end of a match, even some of them leave the game suddently. If a player leaves the game at its ending, his nickname and score would stay until the next map starts.

-I feel like the reloading time or arrow per second for the Rambo bow could be set higher. But I can be wrong there too.

-And finally to decrease the amount of healing points the medikits give you. Players that camp around medikits are getting boring.

These are just suggestions, no need to whine.

bucky_brad
September 6, 2004, 5:19 pm
-as an option it would be ok.

-no. if you have good timing you dont need more ammo.

-IMO un-needed.

-no way, I would just find this annoying.

-again IMO un-needed, but that is because I enjoy explosive arrows.

-not after the end of a match. Mabey after re-joining though.

-na, if anything set it lower. A barret can take out rambo in 1 shot.

-no. IMO leave them as they are.

peemonkey
September 6, 2004, 9:14 pm
i say just keep it how it is. soldat's got more than enough options already. nice origional ideas, but for the large part they be cosmetic. i might like to be able to change the double kill etc away. :D

GluLm
September 10, 2004, 12:01 pm
More than enough options? If you say so.
I admit that the 4th, 5th are uneeded.
Then, I guess it's just all about bug fixes then (like the Clanmatch bug, map bugs and such...).

DT
September 10, 2004, 3:20 pm
i hate people that camp at the kits... so i whip out my law and shoot them