( search forums )
Limited usage.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
bucky_brad
September 6, 2004, 5:37 pm
[IMAGE]

once you get damaged and pick up a health pack, depending on how damaged you were a pecentage of your lost health would be un-recoverable. And every time you pick up a Health pack this would happen, depending on how badly hurt you are.

I think that if you still have 70%++ of your health it should not happen but after that it starts taking effect.

This stops health-spawn campers and also It makes good players a little less good as they can't keep on healing.

Also if you want you can always include bandages as clothing as you get bandaged up.

peemonkey
September 6, 2004, 9:10 pm
i dont much like it. soldat's nice and simple and that's what's kept it thriving for 2 years :D

SERIAL KILLeR
September 6, 2004, 10:54 pm
It could also work as an armor/vest that wears out...

papasurf31
September 7, 2004, 2:08 pm
I like this idea.

Situation: I empty 7 rounds from my Steyr into this guys chest. He stands there and shoots with a barret: misses. The last shot is just about to connect to finish him off when he grabs a healthpack that just respawned. Now he's back to full health, aims barret, fires, my head goes flying across half the map. UnFaIr!

blackdevil0742
September 7, 2004, 2:24 pm
I like the idea
would make the gameplay better

BManx2000
September 7, 2004, 2:46 pm
This would just encourage people to /kill all the time :/

Jaz
September 7, 2004, 4:32 pm
I do not support this idea.

Toumaz
September 7, 2004, 4:39 pm
Maybe just for realistic?

b00stA
September 7, 2004, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Toumaz

No.

Toumaz
September 7, 2004, 4:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
quote:Originally posted by Toumaz

No.

OK... then not at all.
I don't think that this idea is suited for Soldat, somehow.

bucky_brad
September 7, 2004, 5:24 pm
fair enough, soldat is probley to fast for this anyway.

GluLm
September 7, 2004, 9:50 pm
I like the idea but BManx2000 is right about the /kill command.
Too many lame players around would use that, so uh... no.
I say health packs should heal only 40% of your health and not much. ;)

Meandor
September 7, 2004, 10:30 pm
I'd prefer to solve the health whoring problem by limiting medkits you can take in a certain amount of time.

papasurf31
September 7, 2004, 10:40 pm
b00sta has new avatar and Sig!? =O and Meandors back from hell! YAY!

Whose going to /kill all the time when they start losing health? Most people (IMO) would rather try to get some kills in, even if it means getting killed themselves. If they suicide, they would have to wait for the respawn period before getting some action again. That time could be more valuably spent hunting or guarding the flag or whatever. I still think this is great idea.

DT
September 8, 2004, 4:09 pm
i sorta like it[^]

Dark_Noddy
September 9, 2004, 9:59 pm
Why the hell should all teh crap go to realistic ? hehe.. I like it as it is ! Go aweh !

/me dun like this Idea !
/me likes to run soldat, enjoy a pleasent and simple sadistic fun of killing ppl !

Arsenic
September 9, 2004, 11:33 pm
Errr, play survival without health packs?

Drama
September 10, 2004, 12:19 pm
i dun support because im afraid of new things

DT
September 10, 2004, 3:55 pm
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by KnOt

I like the idea that a medpack does not instantly heal you.. however, it should ( steadily) get your health hack up to 100% , no matter how injured you are. But, once you run over it, then that's it.. you will heal till you are 100%, you dont have to stand over the medpack.. However, if you are shot, then the healing process should stop, and you will stop regenerating... and you'll have to go over another medpack..

I think that'd be perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes... it would